The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-18-2013, 07:29 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarNoe View Post
Say what you will about Camilla, but Charles is a much more comfortable, relaxed and happy individual since they married.
Oh I agree totally. He is a lot more comfortable in his own skin and isn't afraid to loosen up and just enjoy where he is. I do really think that Camilla does bring out the best in him.

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 12-18-2013, 07:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Nice picture, although I wish Charles & Camilla would pose for a official picture on their Christmas Cards. I think it would've been nice to even include the Cambridge's and Prince Harry. Their family has grown, I would want to capture that, IMO.
The royal family tend to only include couples with children and once those children are independent they are no longer included on the cards etc. This was the same with The Queen. She stopped having her children once they were out on their own with their own families and this is the case now for Charles - his sons are independent and William has a family of his own now.

Old 12-18-2013, 07:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Nice picture, although I wish Charles & Camilla would pose for a official picture on their Christmas Cards. I think it would've been nice to even include the Cambridge's and Prince Harry. Their family has grown, I would want to capture that, IMO.
If you include the Cambridges and Harry, then in fairness you must include Camilla's children, their spouses and her grandchildren - far easier to just do the couple.
Old 12-18-2013, 07:59 PM
Heir Apparent

William and Harry haven't been on Charles's Christmas card for a while now. It been Camilla and him ever since they got married. They took family photos shot at George's christening which are probably proudly displayed at Clarence House.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:52 PM
Royal Highness

It would be nice to see some of the Lascelles family too.. Princess Mary's sons were first cousins to the Queen... since this is for extended family.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:45 AM
Aristocracy

I'm confused. Caption on the picture of the Queen said she was arriving as well. Doesn't she live there? Or perhaps she was returning from a morning engagement?
Old 12-19-2013, 01:01 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Oh I agree totally. He is a lot more comfortable in his own skin and isn't afraid to loosen up and just enjoy where he is. I do really think that Camilla does bring out the best in him.
I think a lot of people have reached the opinion that Charles and Diana should have never gotten together. Of course, I'm glad they did simply because we have William and Harry as a result.
Old 12-19-2013, 01:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketmom View Post
I think a lot of people have reached the opinion that Charles and Diana should have never gotten together. Of course, I'm glad they did simply because we have William and Harry as a result.
I don't think that marriage was a mistake either and there were happy moments, smiles and joy then too.

I think it's just great to see the whole family together and happy. They spend a great of time apart and traveling all over the place during the year, it's times like this that the royals get a chance to catch up with the family and chat. They really look forward to doing that.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-19-2013, 02:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I'm confused. Caption on the picture of the Queen said she was arriving as well. Doesn't she live there? Or perhaps she was returning from a morning engagement?
I do believe that she had an engagement outside the palace in the morning.
Old 12-19-2013, 02:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I don't think that marriage was a mistake either and there were happy moments, smiles and joy then too.

I think it's just great to see the whole family together and happy. They spend a great of time apart and traveling all over the place during the year, it's times like this that the royals get a chance to catch up with the family and chat. They really look forward to doing that.
A couple of happy moments and years and years of misery do not add up to a marriage that should ever have taken place.
Old 12-19-2013, 02:58 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
"Prior to everyone arriving, The Queen made a 40 minute visit elsewhere by car as did the Earl of Wessex - but by foot."
The British Royals Message Board: A personal view (from outside)
Old 12-19-2013, 06:56 AM
Heir Apparent

That Ken guy from the message board post appeared to be outside the palace gates. Interesting notes: William made a speedy entrance to BP- they must have been really late and Charles and Camilla left first not the Cambridges like some media implied.

It seemed like most people with little kids brought them. I wonder if the set up the big state dinner table or do smaller round tables. I wonder if there is a kiddie table? George's Nanny Jessie Webb used to work for the Linleys so she had to enjoy seeing Charles and Margarita again.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:15 AM
Serene Highness

All brought their kids.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
That Ken guy from the message board post appeared to be outside the palace gates. Interesting notes: William made a speedy entrance to BP- they must have been really late and Charles and Camilla left first not the Cambridges like some media implied.

Ken attends many royal events. He reports on this one and the Sandringham church attendance most years along with other events.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:39 AM
Commoner

Any news about HM The Queen Christmas Message ? Where and when it will be recorded ?
Old 12-19-2013, 10:48 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeOfPomerania View Post
Any news about HM The Queen Christmas Message ? Where and when it will be recorded ?
Last year it was recorded on the 20th December at Buckingham Palace. Probably similar thing wil happen this year.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:58 AM
Heir Apparent

she's already left and is at Sandringham

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-19-2013, 11:03 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Then it's happened or will happen at Sandringham.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:03 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
she's already left and is at Sandringham
Has this been confirmed? In recent years, there has been a picture of her at Liverpool St station catching the train to Kings Lynn.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:07 PM
Heir Apparent

arriving at Kings Lynn

Search - Getty Images UK: GBR: The Queen Arrives At King's Lynn Station To Begin Her Annual Christmas Holiday At Sandringham

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,

Tags
christmas