British Royal Christmas 1: 2008-2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Wednesday as Anne & her family will probably be attending the funeral of Mark Phillip's sister on Friday.

I would say Friday 19th as I don't think Louise and James have finished school yet. Friday seeems like a good bet for the other children who attend to have finished school too

I wish we could see more clips of the lunch. We saw some clips of it in the Queen's 2004 message (the year we saw Louise getting a gift from Granny and Grandad) but can't recall ever seeing it again.
Are most UK schools stopping for winter break at the end of the week? Also many of the younger members of the extended BRF who attend the event do have jobs so I can see BP waiting until the end of the week to have the gathering.

I like to think of Charles as a traditional sort of man--his brothers and sister and their children have always spent Christmas together, I think they would probably try to continue to do so. And yes, I do believe Camilla's children would be invited as well.

I don't think Camilla's children will ever be invited. There is no tradition of inviting relatives of people who marry into the royal family to royal family events other than that person's funeral or his/her wedding itself.

Are most UK schools stopping for winter break at the end of the week? Also many of the younger members of the extended BRF who attend the event do have jobs so I can see BP waiting until the end of the week to have the gathering.

Yes the state schools generally finish at the end of this week, although some private schools finished last week, but St George's School in Windsor Castle, where Louise and James attend doesn't finish until this week. I would imagine most of the other children who are coming attend private schools so they will have all finished. I know Margarita and Lady Helen's daughters used to go to Garden House in Kensington but they may have moved on due to their age.

Last edited:
I would think tomorrow... it is usually in the middle of the week. Thankfully, we get little clips of pictures taken by the press while they are in their cars. :)

I like the fact the Queen does this every year. I hope Charles keeps up the tradition.

Yes the state schools generally finish at the end of this week, although some private schools finished last week, but St George's School in Windsor Castle, where Louise and James attend doesn't finish until this week. I would imagine most of the other children who are coming attend private schools so they will have all finished. I know Margarita and Lady Helen's daughters used to go to Garden House in Kensington but they may have moved on due to their age.

Thank you Molly. Hopefully we'll get some good photos of the Wessex family through their car windows for the luncheon!

You are welcome TLLK and we normally see the families arriving so fingers crossed. Margarita arrived in style last year with her dad in his tiny Fiat 500.

@RegalEyes: The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have arrived at the Queen's family Christmas Lunch. No sign of Prince George.

Rex Features has photos of the family arriving. Seen Peter, Autumn, Harry, Beatrice, the Taylors, The Kents and Tim (on foot) so far. Love the photo of the police officers looking at a photo list of the family members. Made me chuckle last year and they are doing again this year. There are so many people who attend that it's no wonder a role call is needed!

Edit: I forgot that Lord Nicholas and his wife had another baby - there is a small glimpse of he/she in Paola's arms in the taxi on the way to the lunch. Does anyone know whether they had a boy or a girl?

I have just googled it - another boy called Louis.

Royal Family Christmas Lunch at Buckingham Palace

It's also James' 7th birthday today so extra special for him. =]

Last edited:
Duchess of coronwall is not with prince charles !
i wonder why she is absent from such a traditional family event like the
christmas lunch :/

Royals including Prince William, Kate and Harry descend on Buckingham Palace for Christmas lunch | Daily Mail Online
They include some of the most famous faces in the country among their number but not every member of the Royal Family is so well known, as police outside Buckingham Palace discovered today.

Officers had to resort to a crib sheet to identify the likes of Princess Alexandra and Prince Michael of Kent but had no such difficulty with the more senior royals on the guest list, among them the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry.

Prince William, who was fresh from an early morning visit to homeless charity Centrepoint in London's Soho, arrived with his glossy-haired wife, who looked lovely in her festive cherry-red dress.

Prince George was there. He arrived with his nanny but left with Catherine and William

Last edited:
@RegalEyes: Although they arrived without him, Prince George has left the Queen's Christmas Lunch with Mum & Dad & nanny Maria in a Range Rover

Thank you to all for the links and article. I'm surprised that Camilla is not there and hopefully she's not at home with a cold.

Last edited:
I think it might just be a book.

I have to say, any glimpse of that little man just brings a smile to my face, even when we can barely seem him! Maybe I'm getting broody.

It does look like a book, most likely from the Queen as it's during that lunch that she gives out gifts to her extended family.

As mentioned above, the Palace pre-Christmas lunch took place today and the usual Royalty watchers were outside - slightly more frustrated this year as more cars now have tinted windows thus not enabling us to clearly identify the rear seat passengers.
However, between us, we spotted: ....
The British Royals Message Board: A personal view

British Royal Christmas 2008-2014

The Daily Mail thinks it might be a curious George book. Anybody else kind of shocked by the hit or miss seatbelt use in these photos? Harry and Charles not wearing one especially after what happened with Diana.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

As mentioned above, the Palace pre-Christmas lunch took place today and the usual Royalty watchers were outside - slightly more frustrated this year as more cars now have tinted windows thus not enabling us to clearly identify the rear seat passengers.
However, between us, we spotted: ....
The British Royals Message Board: A personal view

Wonder who the young children with the Earl and Countess of St Andrew's were considering they have not got any grandchildren yet.

Thank you to all for the links and article. I'm surprised that Camilla is not there and hopefully she's not at home with a cold.

The pictures of Charles on his own were going into BP. He had an earlier engagement and so might have straight from that.

I haven't seen any pix of him leaving so she might have been there.

Looks like he's clutching a present. Could it be an ant farm?

It looks like a book to me. I can't tell if he is arriving or leaving. If he's arriving, it probably was something to help keep him occupied. If he was leaving, I am glad the Queen give books to the children.

It does look like a book, most likely from the Queen as it's during that lunch that she gives out gifts to her extended family.

We all have different definitions but I'm not sure the Queen would consider Prince George extended family.

We all have different definitions but I'm not sure the Queen would consider Prince George as extended family.

Perhaps if she is giving presents to the real extended family children (Kets/Glos etc) she would have something for George as he was the only child of the near family present.

Possible I think; also we dont know there was any present giving.

According Mark Stewart who is royal photographer, George and Nanny Maria weren't with W&K when the arrived but with them when the left so George with his parents are leaving photos

The view from the gate post said the Phillips girls where with their parents so George wasn't the only little one from the immediate family. He also could have just brought a book from KP and it wasn't a gift.

Last edited by a moderator:
He could also have been given the book by someone other than The Queen e.g. maybe the Kent's or Gloucester's gave him a gift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom