British Royal Christmas 1: 2008-2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am confused... did they go to Church twice?!?!!?? Both pics say 12/25, but you can clearly see the ladies in different outfits, one picture without hats of any kind.

I am confused... did they go to Church twice?!?!!?? Both pics say 12/25, but you can clearly see the ladies in different outfits, one picture without hats of any kind.

Yes, they went to a private service early in the morning. Then again just before midday.

Ahhh..thank you, Lumutqueen, lol.. I was wondering. I made it to Midnight Mass, so I give them credit to be able to do two services in one morning.

at last louise go to christmas!!!

Could Autumn Phillips have chosen a more awful combination? This young lady so seldom even looks neat and tidy even when she isn't pregnant.

Her Majesty's 2011 Christmas Broadcast

It was absolutely brilliant! Touching, sentimental, light-hearted and sincere.

Thoughts?

Wow. Thank you everyone for sharing pictures and videos. I loved seeing everyone at Church. And what a treat to have Lady Louise there as well :D. Just like any young child, she wanted to be part of it all, and help her older cousins hold Granny's flowers. I'm glad she got a chance to participate.

Loved watching William and Catherine interacting with the crowd, especially the children. Wonderful memories for all involved.

Some more pictures from my twitter

Catherine getting flowers from some children. I love that she gets down to their level.

http://img.ibtimes.com/www/data/images/full/2011/12/25/209481-royal-christmas.jpg

The little one appears to be a bit bemused by it all.

http://img.ibtimes.com/www/data/images/full/2011/12/25/209482-royal-christmas.jpg

Catherine snuggling up to her husband earlier in the day.

http://www.isopix.be/temp/preview/ISOPIX_20386106-008.JPG

An article.

http://www.romseyadvertiser.co.uk/uk_national_news/9438929.Kate_a_crowd_pleaser_at_Sandringham/

Another article with some video clips.

Prayers for Prince Philip, as thousands turn out to greet the Queen, William and Kate, and Royal Family on Christmas Day at Sandringham in Norfolk - News - Norwich Evening News

Last edited:
I'm in agreement. It would be nice if the snuggle-up picture were without any of those letters on it.
They may show up later. When they did that charity dinner about a month ago that site had a photo that I wanted really badly but it was full of tags and about 3 days later I managed to find it without a tag so if it shows up I'll post it :flowers:

Last edited:
^ You're welcome. :) Yes, it really is a nice moment.

I just saw it too on that blog so happy we were able to get it untagged!

I do like that Sophie rides with the Queen every year, it's a great tradition. Sophie even rides with the Queen to the earlier service on Christmas day. They must have a good bond; either that or Sophie doesn't like walking!

Sophie and the Queen do have a very special bond according to all reports.

I don't know how or why that particular tradition started but I am delighted it has continued. And to be honest, is there any other part of the Queen's Christmas Tradition that does not involve Prince Phillip?

This year was never a better time to keep that one tiny piece of the Queen's Christmas tradition alive even though another started with Lady Louise making her first public appearance with the Royal Family on the traditional Christmas walk to Church.

The tradition of the Queen and Sophie travelling together started after Sophie had the ectopic miscarriage in December 2001. Two years later she had the difficult delivery of Louise in November.

Was I imagining it or were both Autumn and Lady Louise helping Beatrice and Eugenie with "Granny's" flowers? :flowers:

The policewomen were certainly loaded down with flowers. Whats the matter guys, don't real policemen carry flowers? Come on guys. Get with the programme! If it's manly enough for Harry to be presented with, and accept a floral tribute all his own ( his face looked priceless when he realised it was for him), it's manly for you to carry your share of the tributes . . . . ;)

New video :)
How lovely - Countess of Wessex was waiting her husband and daughter, Lady Louise :flowers:

Royals at church Christmas morning- Kate Middleton tags along and gets ignored - YouTube

Thank you for the video.

I do like that Sophie rides with the Queen every year, it's a great tradition. Sophie even rides with the Queen to the earlier service on Christmas day. They must have a good bond; either that or Sophie doesn't like walking!

Yes, Sophie and Her Majesty are very close. I love observing them together.

Was I imagining it or were both Autumn and Lady Louise helping Beatrice and Eugenie with "Granny's" flowers? :flowers:

The policewomen were certainly loaded down with flowers. Whats the matter guys, don't real policemen carry flowers? Come on guys. Get with the programme! If it's manly enough for Harry to be presented with, and accept a floral tribute all his own ( his face looked priceless when he realised it was for him), it's manly for you to carry your share of the tributes . . . . ;)

I didn't notice Autumn helping with 'Granny's' flowers, but did notice Lady Louise, standing behind one of her York cousins and wanting to be part of the process. I'd love to see a picture of Harry's face when he got the flowers. Must have missed it while looking through the ton of images posted on here.

Thank you for all the lovely video links and photos. I came home from my own Christmas celebrations to find more goodies here on the thread. The RF looked happy and relaxed, and interacted so well with the crowds. I like the photo of Kate with her hand on William's back; it seemed it was her turn to give him a bit of support!

Last edited:
I loved the Queen's video- thanks for posting it!

I loved the moment at 0:28 when Princess Eugenie was telling to her sweet cousin, Lady Louise to get close to Granny and help her with flowers :)

Royals gather at Sandringham in Norfolk - YouTube

[edit]
and just another :D; Royals walking to the church.At 0:50 you can see Lady Louise with daddy Prince Edward :)

Catherine Duchess of Cambridge her first Christmas at Sandringham 2011 - YouTube

I noticed in pictures that when Louise was standing behind Eugenie, she was looking a little bemused, as if she didn't quite know what the procedure was. Very sweet of Eugenie to help her younger cousin.

See my post at Wessex family picture thread ;)
Queen Elizabeth and Lady Louise with identical coats :)

Link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom