British Royal Christmas 1: 2008-2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Daily Mail report doesnt seem to have grasped the fact that they go to church twice. But the pictures are good.

I have just tweeted Rebecca English to same thing. The article is riddled with wording errors. :bang::bang:

I have just tweeted Rebecca English to same thing. The article is riddled with wording errors. :bang::bang:

My favourite bit was Catherine removing her cream coat to reveal a tartan dress! :whistling:

Gosh Harry, please put a coat on! Everybody else is wrapped up to the nines and he has just his suit jacket on.

He just got back from the South Pole. The English temperature probably feels like a heat wave to him!:lol:

where is prince Charles? I don't see him on morning (2nd) service's pictures

Hello and Merry Christmas to everyone. I have a question. I noticed that in the early morning service ladies do not wear hats, but in the later morning they do. Is it a special dress code ruling this?

where is prince Charles? I don't see him on morning (2nd) service's pictures

One picture from getty, he isn't in any of the DM articles.
Britains Prince Charles And His Wife Camilla Duchess Of

Hello and Merry Christmas to everyone. I have a question. I noticed that in the early morning service ladies do not wear hats, but in the later morning they do. Is it a special dress code ruling this?

Not a special dress code but the morning service is a much quieter affair.

The morning service is supposed to be private - it is the communion service.

Very lovely videos. As always, I found it very enjoyable to see the family interacting with each other, and the public after the morning service.

Louise is a beautiful young lady. It's always so lovely to see her with the rest of the family.

Who is the young lady standing in front of Lady Louise in the shot that opens the video beginning with the Queen receiving bouquets? (apologies for all the clauses in that sentence; Santa Claus was here last night ;) )
She's in a number of photos. I know I should know but - old age gets in my way sometimes.

Who is the young lady standing in front of Lady Louise in the shot that opens the video beginning with the Queen receiving bouquets? (apologies for all the clauses in that sentence; Santa Claus was here last night ;) )
She's in a number of photos. I know I should know but - old age gets in my way sometimes.
Margarita Armstrong-Jones, daughter of Viscount Linley

I'd guess that it may be Margarita Armstrong-Jones, but I could be wrong. I can't remember if the Armstrong-Jones family came last year, or the year before.

If you're referring to this little lady;
Britains Catherine Duchess Of Cambridge Is Pictured As

That would be Margarita Armstrong Jones. :flowers:

If you're referring to this little lady;
Britains Catherine Duchess Of Cambridge Is Pictured As

That would be Margarita Armstrong Jones. :flowers:
Thanks, Lumutqueen - wow does she have beautiful hair.

I went to look up her past Christmases. How could I have forgotten this (2006?) http://www4.images.coolspotters.com...armstrong-jones-and-holding-hands-gallery.jpg

She is going to grow up to be a complete stunner. It's lovely that she got to help with the bouquets this year.

Last edited:
Gosh Harry, please put a coat on! Everybody else is wrapped up to the nines and he has just his suit jacket on.

Nice that Zara has come and she hitched a ride with the Queen for the early service.

Since he just got back from the Antarctic, this temperature may feel warm to Harry. :)

Video:
The Queen and members of the Royal family attended the Morning Service on Christmas Day at Sandringham Church-
Home - ITNSource News

Does anyone know the times of the two services the RF attended? It must be a jolly nuisance to have to go to church twice in the one morning, wearing different outfits.

I think it's interesting that none of the ladies seems to be wearing a hat to the earlier service.

:merryxmas:

ETA I see that the hat issue has already been addressed, but I remain surprised. I was born into an Anglican family and was dragged to many a Christmas Day service before I got old enough to put my foot down and refuse to go, and there was no way that my mother or any of her friends or relatives would have gone to the service without a hat. This requirement seems to have relaxed over the years but I am still very surprised to see the Queen and the other royal women going to church without hats, especially since this is the service at which it seems they take communion. I would have thought it's a question of the propriety of wearing a hat into a church not the presence or absence of the public that was important. Clearly I am wrong and the Royals don't think it's important to wear a hat to church unless there are going to be other people in there to see them. But they've already been seen. Another one of life's little mysteries. We live and learn.

Last edited:
Who is she?

The Queen, Kate Middleton and Prince William attend Royal church service at Sandringham | Mail Online

In the 4th picture from the bottom, and in another furthur up, there is a woman or girl I can't identify. The caption reads: Princesses Beatrice (far left) and Eugenie (second right) walk to church with other members of the Royal Family

I think the guys may be Daniel and Sam Chatto, but I'm not sure of that. I think that Lady Sarah can be seen dimly in the background in front of the church- the picture with Zara front and center.

Does anyone know the times of the two services the RF attended? It must be a jolly nuisance to have to go to church twice in the one morning, wearing different outfits.
9 am service is in a private part of estate, so ladies are in less formal attire.
11 am service is in the public part, where wellwishers can greet them, take pics etc, so they are in formal outfits including hats and jewellery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom