British Royal Christmas 1: 2008-2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:royalstandard:

The Royal Christmas 2009

:crown5:

Last edited:
Today, December 16, the Queen has hosted a lunch for the
family at Buckingham Palace, London.

Prince William, Prince Harry, Prince Andrew, Princess Beatrice,
Princess Eugenie, Lady Helen Taylor with family, Lord Linley
with family, Lady Sarah with family, Princess Anne with
family, Princess Alexandra with family, the Dukes of Gloucester,
the Princes of Kent with family are those I've seen so far,
maybe others attended as well, we'll see :)

** belga gallery **

How truely wonderful, just before christmas aswell. :flowers:

I think that this is the annual Christmas lunch that the Queen gives for the family in lieu of having them all at Sandringham for Christmas.:flowers:

How truely wonderful, just before christmas aswell. :flowers:

:previous:
Beautiful pictures of all the family. I didn't realise how much grey hair Tim Taylor had. :)

Is Lady Nicholas holding baby Leopold in the passenger's seat of the car? That seems unsafe for a child, especially an infant!

Is Lady Nicholas holding baby Leopold in the passenger's seat of the car? That seems unsafe for a child, especially an infant!

Today it is illegal in NSW but in times gone by it was the norm for the mother to nurse her child.

I have a couple of pregnant friends and all the things they are told will harm their unborn child is so great that those of us who are older wonder how we ever had healthy babies. In addition one other friend had her child 7 months ago and things that these two who are now pregnant are told to do she was told only 7 months ago - no don't do that - it will harm the baby.

I do agree that having the baby on the lap isn't the best way to do things.

In the UK a baby is supposed to be strapped in a seat. Very unsafe. :bang:

Where were Prince and Princess Michaels Children and Daughter in Law

Lady Gabiella seems to have disappered into thin air. Apart from attending her brother's wedding and being photographed in England last April around the time of his 30th birthday I havn't seem one pic of her since she presented the Hennessy Gold Cup in Nov.08 and she even missed that this year for the first time in 5 years. I read that she spent the first half of this year in Argentina and was extending her stay, I have been wondering for a while now if she has moved there permenantly.

:previous:

I had a similar impression. She's seems swallowed up by the earth. But I think she's mainly focused on her work lately. The last thing I've heard from her was an article about the Andes written by her, published in a British newspaper (sadly I forgot which one it was) in October 2009.

Lady Gabiella seems to have disappered into thin air. Apart from attending her brother's wedding and being photographed in England last April around the time of his 30th birthday I havn't seem one pic of her since she presented the Hennessy Gold Cup in Nov.08 and she even missed that this year for the first time in 5 years. I read that she spent the first half of this year in Argentina and was extending her stay, I have been wondering for a while now if she has moved there permenantly.

I think like many very minor members of the family she is deciding to live a normal life and unless it is a really big event she isn't attending in order to keep her privacy.

I would have thought though that whatever she was doing she would be home for Christmas, especially with her brother being home from America. I mean this particular event at Buckingham Palace is mainly aimed at the "minor Royals" who won't be at Sandringham and she missed it last year as well. Strange.

It is a large family gathering sure but not an official event like a wedding or a coronation or a funeral. I suspect that that is the only time she will be seen as she attempts to live her life away from the spotlight. I think she will be home for Christmas with her parents and brother and sister-in-law but not necessarily interested in spending time with her extended family. She may have had other engagement of a totally private nature of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not think that Gabriella will lead a life completely away from the spotlight, but maybe she takes an time out from the family businesses.

I think it was wonderful that the Queen hosts the ENTIRE Royal Family to lunch every year...from her all first cousins, (except Lord Harewood who apparently does not exist to them), all the way down to the children and grandchildren of the Royal Dukes and Prince Michael.

I wonder if the Duke of Fife and his family were present..

It is good to see them all together. I wonder if they all get presents from the Queen.

:wreath: Happy Christmas! :stocking:

DECEMBER 25: HM Queen Elizabeth II smiles as she leaves the ChristmasDay service at Sandringham Church on December 25, 2009 in King's Lynn, England.

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3

Prince William, Prince Harry and Zara Phillips

Picture

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3

Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie

Picture

Zara Phillips, Autumn Phillips and Peter Phillips

Picture

Last edited:
WOW! The Queen...stunning! I LOVE her boots! Princess Anne looked so lovely in that beautiful shade of blue. I thought they all truly looked wonderful today! I loved all the hats, and FINALLY, Eugenie and Beatrice look great!! Merry Christmas to you all, and to your families!

I just love this gallery, the Winsdors look great! Is it me, or is Camilla's hat sitting on her head funny? Her Majesty looks great in Red- thanks for all the links.

Gosh I agree as ever theQueen looks amazing and ditto boots. Zara's were just too unbelievably high but it added the extra bit of jazziness to the day. I really liked Sophie's roses and thought she looked all round much less boring than other years I like her heels too. The jury is still out on Autunm is the skirt too short and could she pull it off. Princess Anne, whom I always say could be such a star in the fashion stakes with that amazing figure and she is really attractive looked as ever just ok. I love Boxing Day when all these Northern Hemisphere photos come out and am grateful to all of you for being so prompt.

Does anyone have any Pictures of Lady Linley and Lady Sarah Chatto , I can see them in the back ground of some pics but non of them fully figured by themselves. Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas and happy new year

What stunning outfits.
Best: Zara, HM and Camilla.
Worst: Autumn Phillips. :flowers:

I adore this tradition, I wish i lived near sandringham.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom