British Royal Christmas 1: 2008-2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't feel sorry for Margaret or David. But this is not the right thread for that discussion.

LaRae

Princess Margaret and King Edward (David).

LaRae

Thank goodness for William, Catherine and their 3 children. I wish them Merry Christmas. Poor Margaret and David...

I don't quite get this comment. David aside (very different situation), "Poor Margaret" was never threatened with being exiled or cut off from the family. She would simply have attended as the Queen's sister, Mrs Townsend, not as Princess Margaret. It was her choice not to marry him.

But the idea that only the purest of family members should be allowed into the hallowed halls of Sandringham at Christmas is a bit much. Plenty of divorcees have visited Sandringham for the Christmas season. As well as a few other colourful royals. The idea that there would be some kind of judgement made on personal decency before an invitation is issued to eat a bit of turkey is very strange IMO.

Let's get back to the topic, please.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince George and Princess Charlotte have arrived.

She looks beautiful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have to agree ACO and Lady Gudgeon, It’s nice his third wheel days are over! Pictures are great from what we see.

George looks cute sitting there...looks like a soft blue coat he is wearing. Can't see anything of Charlotte!

LaRae

I guess it's about time he got his own car <G>

LaRae

Lovely to see Princess Alexandra arriving looking very happy. It seems she has recovered from the illness that caused her to cancel engagements recently.

Oh to be a fly on the wall! Meghan must be feeling very nervous about it all.

I found this letter on line which refers to the first Christmas Princess Michael spent with the Royal Family. It's for sale from an auction house but reads:-

"Dear Henriette, (may I call you this?)

I am so sorry not to have written sooner thanking you for all your kindness in asking me to lunch and giving me such good and useful advice. I really do appreciate your friendship very much especially when you have so many other demands on your time and concentration.

Christmas was really fun. Everyone, especially The Queen, was very nice to me and welcoming and I thoroughly enjoyed myself! Being surrounded by so many treasures my eyes were on stalks most of the time!

Sadly I did not find my way to the nursery as you suggested as we really were kept too busy shooting etc & when I had time it was too late for the nursery hours. Sadly I was not placed next to Prince Charles or Mark for any meal so the ice was never really broken but I enjoyed all the rest. Mealtime was communication time!

Won't you let me take you to lunch soon? When are you next in London?

I hope your Christmas was a happy family time and all my best wishes for the New Year.

Marie-Christine"

Princess Michael of Kent Signed Letter 1979 & Christmas with Queen Elizabeth II

George and Charlotte looks cute. I spy their nanny in the car too.

Good to see the Duchess of Kent at the lunch too. I hope they’re having a good time.

Posts about Meghan's earrings have been moved to her jewelry thread.

Thanks! Sorry soapstar..couldn't find it at first!

LaRae

Harry and Meghan already left the lunch. A little surprising.

Harry and Meghan already left the lunch. A little surprising.

First reports of arrival was 3 hours ago and they arrived later than PoW and DoC and the Cambridges. Reports of leaving was about 40 minutes or so ago. Perhaps they left a little early, but still decent amount of time.

First reports of arrival was 3 hours ago and they arrived later than PoW and DoC and the Cambridges. Reports of leaving was about 40 minutes or so ago. Perhaps they left a little early, but still decent amount of time.

I think they were there a couple hours. Perhaps they have appointments/meetings to go to ...wedding planning!! :D

LaRae

It is over. Other pictures of folks leaving are popping up now. Seems they just headed out first.

It was great to see the Kents, The Duchess of Gloucester, and Serena, The Countess of Snowdon.

It is over. Other pictures of folks leaving are popping up now. Seems they just headed out first.

That was a quick lunch consider how many people were there. They are certainly efficient. :lol:

I think it would be very applicable to add to all the comments that "a good time was had by all". Everyone seemed to be smiling and waving and in good moods. Tis the season.

Think I'll have a gingerbread man and a mug of hot apple cider and join in that mood. :D

I think it would be very applicable to add to all the comments that "a good time was had by all". Everyone seemed to be smiling and waving and in good moods. Tis the season.

Think I'll have a gingerbread man and a mug of hot apple cider and join in that mood. :D

Osipi, don’t get me started, because I just came across a recipe for Chicken-Apple Sausages wrapped up in puff pastry with a honey mustard dipping sauce. I’ll be making it for Christmas, but I want it right now....after seeing the royals enjoy a festive lunch.

Oh I started a long time ago. Jokingly, someone else I got started with the food called it gaining "Osipi weight". That dish you're planning to make, Dman, sounds heavenly. :D

Anyone know what was on the luncheon menu or was that kept private? Tis the foodie season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom