British Royal Christmas 1: 2008-2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course these 'family' photos could very well be taken - but simply not being released to the public. I wouldn't be surprised if they do have a family photo taken each year at the Christmas get-together - for their own memories for instance.

I suspect they do take pictures over the holidays. Many families do so but I think it would be beautiful if they took a nice big family picture by a professional photographer and released it. One for The Queen's 90th Birthday (God's willing, no sickness nor death) would be an excellent time to do so.

I suspect they do take pictures over the holidays. Many families do so but I think it would be beautiful if they took a nice big family picture by a professional photographer and released it. One for The Queen's 90th Birthday (God's willing, no sickness nor death) would be an excellent time to do so.

Why?

People complain that they are nothing more than celebrities. Celebrities release photos all the time.

The royals are the family of the Head of State and most of them are rather irrelevant to the overall scheme of things.

They gather together most years at Trooping the Colour and so there is usually a large photo available - and most people can't identify all the people in it so why bother releasing any official photo of any more than The Queen, Philip, Charles, Camilla, William, Kate and George - the present and future of the monarchy.

Why?

People complain that they are nothing more than celebrities. Celebrities release photos all the time.

The royals are the family of the Head of State and most of them are rather irrelevant to the overall scheme of things.

They gather together most years at Trooping the Colour and so there is usually a large photo available - and most people can't identify all the people in it so why bother releasing any official photo of any more than The Queen, Philip, Charles, Camilla, William, Kate and George - the present and future of the monarchy.

I'm talking about how nice it would be for the family to take a nice official family portrait for The Queen's 90th Birthday and then release it. They have released many pictures before and recently did so of Prince George. No one is saying for the family to pose like the Kardashian's or anything.

The British and European royals have released many pictures over the decades. Why all of a sudden it seems like a problem to get a nice royal family picture to be taken and released? They've done this before.

It isn't a problem.

I just don't see the necessity for them to do so and can't understand why people keeping thinking that they should do so.

It is almost as if people are demanding to control what the royal family share with us rather than accepting what they decide to share.

It is demands like this that explain why William is so paranoid about the public and his privacy - he is controlling what people are seeing with regards to George and I get the feeling that he is setting the agenda on this - a more private and less open BRF because the public seem to think they have a right to see everything.

If The Queen and Philip do decide to ever release a new family photo - good - but it should be an expectation.

It isn't a problem.

I just don't see the necessity for them to do so and can't understand why people keeping thinking that they should do so.

It is almost as if people are demanding to control what the royal family share with us rather than accepting what they decide to share.

It is demands like this that explain why William is so paranoid about the public and his privacy - he is controlling what people are seeing with regards to George and I get the feeling that he is setting the agenda on this - a more private and less open BRF because the public seem to think they have a right to see everything.

If The Queen and Philip do decide to ever release a new family photo - good - but it should be an expectation.

It's not about the royal family sharing their private photos, demanding they take a family picture or releasing an annual picture during Christmas.

I was just suggesting that it would be nice if the royal family took a nice official family portrait that the palace would release. I think it would be nice to have the young children included in the photo. A photo like that for the Queen's 90th Birthday would be a beautiful thing and a good idea, IMO.

No one is trying to intrude on the royal family's private life or anything of that nature.

British Royal Christmas 2008-2014

It would probably be hard to put the whole extended family in one shot. They did one of the adults for the Queen's bday couple of years ago. However, you could do the immediate family with the spouses and kids.

I would like to see a photo of the Queen and Philip with their great grandkids. Maybe for Philip's bday next year since baby cambridge will be here.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

The one they did for the Queen's diamond anniversary in 2007 had her immediate family in it. That would be a perfect photo to get an updated version of as the family has expanded since then.

I would imagine one will be released for her 90th birthday but I have a feeling it will just be of the Queen and Philip and not a group shot, or just one with William, Charles and George again as the next Monarch's. The British just don't release photos like their Royal counterparts sadly. I was surprised one was released for Edward's 50th birthday, and when they did say one would be released I half expected one of him on his own or one with Sophie - definitely not one with the kids which was an added bonus.

Group shots used to be taken at Balmoral all the time and there were a lot of photos of the Queen and her grandchildren at Balmoral as well. (Sophie was even invited to stand in some before she was even engaged, which was a big deal for the Queen to allow that.) They sadly stopped in the late 90's, though unsure as to why. Maybe they will start again now that George is small and the Cambridge's saw the good reaction to the Christmas photos of George.

We should probably get back on topic though...back to Christmas at Sandringham.

I hear rumours that the Cambridge's are staying at Anmer Hall this Christmas. Is this true? If so, then it frees up a couple of rooms at Sandringham which is a good thing.

How many bedrooms does Sandringham have?

The Cambridges were spotted out in seeing Santa in Norfolk Saturday and the Queen and Philip went to church by themselves on Sunday. So it's probably safe to assume that WKG are at Amner.

Sandringham is pretty small compared to the other royal residences. The reports are that some of the family has to stay in staff bedrooms for Christmas when everybody from the Queen's immediate family plus Margaret's family.

I love that the Queen includes the Chattos and Linleys at Christmas. They grew up with Edward and Andrew spending their school breaks with the Queen while Margaret was partying in the Caribbean.

clarencehouse
4 hours ago
Feeling festive here @clarencehouse #MerryChristmas
Instagram

A very creative wreath.

Wearing purple, the Queen did not pause to greet crowds of well-wishers who had gathered outside the church as a cold wind whipped across the estate.

And so another season of THIS begins

She did it last time in 2012, then she was 86. She has hardly gone on a walkabout the past two years, we must remember that she is almost 90.

She usually have Beatrice & Eugenie and Catherine help her with the flowers and crowds on Christmas. Very true, she's approaching 90 now.

Exactly. She said herself in a documentary '' I am old and slow and can't be everywhere'' She has done her part for decades and I am sure grannies girls are happy to take some duties on.

It isn't a problem.

I think you're exaggerating what's being said here a bit, Bertie. No one is demanding that they release such a photo, rather we're saying that it would be nice if they did this. I have no expectation that the BRF will ever release such a picture, I just wish that they would because it's the kind of picture I would like to see - I enjoy seeing the pictures of the whole family leading up to the 90s and I understand why they stopped doing them (between the aging family and the fractures that occurred in the 90s it makes sense), but it would still be nice to get one of the whole family again, particularly now that there's a return of stability to the family and since I don't think they've released a shot of the Queen, DoE, and all their grandchildren before.

Also, on the issue of how much William is letting the public see George... okay, we need to be realistic here. While William hasn't always released the best pictures of his son or the ones that put George as the focal point, he hasn't actually hidden his son away. We've gotten regular pictures of him since he was born - there was the introduction to the press when they left the hospital, the pictures that Michael Middleton took shortly afterwards, a lot of access at the christening despite it being a private event, pap. photos of George and Kate when they went on vacation last January, the official photo released before the Australia/New Zealand tour, a lot of access on the tour, George watching a polo match with his mother, the official photos released for his birthday, the revelation of the photo they used as a gift on the Australia/New Zealand tour, and now the Christmas pictures. With one exception every time they've released pictures it's been at least 2, usually more. We've had a lot of access to George. William has not hidden him away in Kensington Palace, the most he's done is request that paps not take pictures of George while he's out with his nanny - which is actually a very fair request, and not unlike the similar requests that celebrities with children have been making.

clarencehouse
4 hours ago
Feeling festive here @clarencehouse #MerryChristmas
Instagram

A very creative wreath.

Wow...What a lovely and traditional wreath. I used to know all the symbolism behind what's on that wreath and why, but it's been so long since I learned it that...Well...You know how that goes. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Martin @CourtierUK · 6h 6 hours ago
Members of the Royal Family will begin arriving at Sandringham over the next two days to join The Queen and Prince Philip for Christmas day.

I enjoy seeing the pictures of the whole family leading up to the 90s and I understand why they stopped doing them

They have not stopped releasing them. The last photo was in 2007 to celebrate the 60th wedding anniversary of The Queen and Prince Philip.

Everyone was in the photo except the Duchess of Kent and Louise who was still a child. Autumn was included even though she was only engaged to Peter Phillip.

:previous:

NBC have posted this in breach of the official embargo. I imagine that someone is in deep trouble and HMQ will not be happy.

I think this should not be posted.

That is actually the 2013 Christmas Broadcast...

Thank you. You are right What happened was earlier today someone posted on twitter that NBC News had broke the embargo and posted the Queen Christmas which in fact they did (there is a screenshot somewhere) but it was removed...
After a couple hours

I ask someone where it was because I could not find it and they sent me this video and after I posted it I remembered that same headline from last year and ask the person if they were sure it was 2014 as people's were saying it was 2013. And Martin from royal central replied that it was from 2013

That person had watch it and when they back to history and tried to access it it did not work.

So NBC did post but was quickly removed

I apologize

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited:

ImageUploadedByThe Royals Community1419440677.742845.jpgThe Queen giving her 2014 Christmas Message:

The Palace will not like this, good that NBC removed it quickly.

1. Rookie ‏@royalfocus1 42 mins42 minutes ago
    If it's fine for @pressassoc to pap annual Christmas Eve football match then surely everyone can! http://shr.gs/uvOBD6i

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 32 mins32 minutes ago
    @royalfocus1 Were you there, Rookie? I don't see any problem in photographing them at this match.

Rookie ‏@royalfocus1 3 mins3 minutes ago
    @RoyalReporter I don't see a problem but #PrinceHarry obviously does but @pressassoc get to go to Afghan with him and pap him #okforsome

So happy that it has been removed.

Apologies for assuming re the above video (which is from last yr). I didn't play it because I didnt want to see the real thing before Christmas Day.

So happy that it has been removed.

Apologies for assuming re the above video (which is from last yr). I didn't play it because I didnt want to see the real thing before Christmas Day.

I didn't even bother looking at it because I want to watch it when it actually airs.

The CSPAN link is also saying it's airing 1043 PM on Christmas Eve

oops that should be 1046 PM from the CSPAN page

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom