British Royal Christmas 1: 2008-2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't seem to be signed, so maybe it was an extra.

I interpret the text as saying that these cards were made not for the queen personally but for the members of her household to send to freinds and aquaintances. These are not for sale to the public but for household-members only. So it's not "her" official Xmas card.

:previous: Nice to see the card but I think it's a bit sad that it's on eBay.

You will find a lot of the family's Christmas cards on eBay.

Whether it's the Queen's official Christmas car or not, that photo is lovely!

I know it is private time, but I would like to see the Queen decked out in her hunting attire. I know she was not going out on the hunt with the rainy weather, but I am sure she dressed appropriately. ☺

I know it is private time, but I would like to see the Queen decked out in her hunting attire. I know she was not going out on the hunt with the rainy weather, but I am sure she dressed appropriately. ☺

I don't see why she'd dress for hunting when she stayed inside with Catherine.

sorry if this was posted before, I just fund the queen's christmas card 2012
Rare! 2012 Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Christmas Card | eBay

That doesn't seem to be a real card, a personal Christmas card wouldn't have been sold in national stores and it would be signed.

That card says 'a portion of the sale of this card goes to charity'.

Last edited:
Thanks Cindy,is the first photo from Christmas Day as noticed the Duchess of Cornwall is wearing a scarf and coat?

Different visit to Church. Camilla wore purple to the Christmas Day service.

Thanks Cindy,is the first photo from Christmas Day as noticed the Duchess of Cornwall is wearing a scarf and coat?

An Ard Ri, yes. It was an earlier service on Christmas Day as well as the later one. The family (including the Queen, I believe) attend an early service before the crowds arrive.

An Ard Ri, yes. It was an earlier service on Christmas Day as well as the later one. The family (including the Queen, I believe) attend an early service before the crowds arrive.

Ah many thanks,that clears that up for me :D

I don't see why she'd dress for hunting when she stayed inside with Catherine.

She may have dressed in the past. The women often go out and collect their men's pheasants. I have seen many images of Sophie and Anne dressed in hunting gear collecting their husband's pheasants. But yes, I imagine the Queen did not go out this year, particularly if she is recovering from a cold.

I interpret the text as saying that these cards were made not for the queen personally but for the members of her household to send to freinds and aquaintances. These are not for sale to the public but for household-members only. So it's not "her" official Xmas card.

Looking over the various images of the card, one says "A proportion from the sale of this card is given to charity." To me, that means the card was available for purchase.

It was raining, and I am sure she was in rubber boots. I think she is adorable in her out in the country clothes. I bet she dressed to hunt because she likes it.

That would make it very early as the crowds start growing at 4.00 a.m.

I was amazed at yesterday's article in the Telegraph. Apparently Andrew Parker-Bowles Christmas gift to Camilla was a framed cartoon about the topless pictures taken of Kate. The Duchess of Cornwall and the gift she had to hide from Kate Middleton - Telegraph . Really bad taste on Andrew's part, IMO.

This doesn't make sense and seems like a lie. Why would Camilla open gifts from APB or her kids at Sandringham. She would open family gifts at Ray mill where she goes every year on the 26th. Also Kate was not there on Christmas so Camilla didn't have to hide anything. Also this Mandrake guy gets things wrong. Last month he said Tom PB was moving to the US to be a life coach.

I think this whole thing needs to be moved to DOC family thread.

I was amazed at yesterday's article in the Telegraph. Apparently Andrew Parker-Bowles Christmas gift to Camilla was a framed cartoon about the topless pictures taken of Kate. The Duchess of Cornwall and the gift she had to hide from Kate Middleton - Telegraph . Really bad taste on Andrew's part, IMO.

We don't know if the story is true.

And even if Andrew did buy it, we do not know if he gifted it to Camilla.

If it was a gift for Camilla, it would not have been at Sangringham.

I don't think the cartoon is anyway an attack on Kate. I think it cute, if Andrew gave it to his ex-wife.

The badgers are being blamed for something they did not do.
(In reference to Kate alone, how many times have the media blamed Camilla?)

When you think along those lines, it is very sweet of APB.

I can't believe that anyone would so something that crass, nasty misogynistic. It's beyond bad taste. It's a strike against Kate, a woman he probably does not even know, for something she had no control over, a woman now going through a problem pregnancy with all of that attendant drama and tragedy. It's cruel.

I hope it's not true, but if it's in the Telegraph, I tend to believe it. I'll have to read the article.

When I first saw this, I thought how lovely that APB and Camilla are still close after all these years and what they've been through.

For all we know, the cartoon was hilarious and even Kate would get a good chuckle out of it. That APB would give Camilla something humorous doesn't surprise me in the least as he's known Camilla for eons and we've gotten glimpses into Camilla's wicked sense of humor over the years.

Perhaps the press is once again trying to create a mountain out of mole hill.

I'm glad I actually read the article rather than just the comments about it. The cartoon sounds really cute and funny to me! :lol: It's about the badger cull more than Kate: a humorous comment on two topical events. Making the badgers scapegoats for all the sins of the world, including the photos of Kate, in an attempt to justify the controversial cull. Works for me. I suspect Camilla would have thought it was a hoot, and Charles, and possibly even William and Kate would have had a chuckle over it.

I'm glad I actually read the article rather than just the comments about it. The cartoon sounds really cute and funny to me! :lol: It's about the badger cull more than Kate: a humorous comment on two topical events. Making the badgers scapegoats for all the sins of the world, including the photos of Kate, in an attempt to justify the controversial cull. Works for me. I suspect Camilla would have thought it was a hoot, and Charles, and possibly even William and Kate would have had a chuckle over it.

Oh, good. I was thinking it was unbelievably crass too, and I'm glad it wasn't.

Oh, good. I was thinking it was unbelievably crass too, and I'm glad it wasn't.

Yup. A totally harmless joke and the Duchess of Cambridge was certainly not the butt of it. I have a feeling she'd have found it amusing.

Yup. A totally harmless joke and the Duchess of Cambridge was certainly not the butt of it. I have a feeling she'd have found it amusing.

I did read it . It was not funny to me. But no biggie.

I personally feel sorry for Tim Laurence. It looks like Anne can never be bothered to walk next to him. I have a feeling he really regrets marrying her but is an honorable man and has remained with her for nearly 20 years now.

I thought Zara looked really good but my gosh, can't she get a dental bridge for her missing teeth? I never noticed how unbecoming it was until the 2012 Christmas photos appeared.

I think Zara heard you. http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Zara+Phillips+Magic+Millions+Barrier+Draw+-vrFbYf_qS_x.jpg

I think it's citrine. On the lighter side, but they are open back.

I am looking forward to seeing the extended BRF at Sandringham this year. I hope they have a wonderful time, with George present for the first time.

Has it been confirmed that the Cambridge will be at Sandringham this year? Or is it just us assuming they will because they're were with the Middletons last year? In any case we won't see George, I think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom