British Royal Christmas 1: 2008-2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally feel sorry for Tim Laurence. It looks like Anne can never be bothered to walk next to him. I have a feeling he really regrets marrying her but is an honorable man and has remained with her for nearly 20 years now.

I thought Zara looked really good but my gosh, can't she get a dental bridge for her missing teeth? I never noticed how unbecoming it was until the 2012 Christmas photos appeared.
Considering Zara's career as an equestrian it is possible that her dentist will not give her implants until she retires from the sport because there is a choking risk if they're knocked out. The same could happen with teeth that are on a removable device.

Beyond that it is possible that Zara simply doesn't care. ;)

I just feel like, if I were Kate, I wouldn't be able to relax among the RF if there was a constant risk of vomiting all the time. Kate's known most of them for a long time, but she's really only getting to know the Queen. It wouldn't be unreasonable for her to feel uncomfortable in that situation.

We don't know if she's attended the SPOTY awards and the lunch at BP without any 'dramas'. We don't know the extent of her HG at this point.
I agree 100%. The senior royals know that the formality observed at Sandringham won't be easy for someone who is feeling nauseous.

Last edited by a moderator:
Little Louise is the image of her father! Everyone seems happy, except Andrew. He always has a cranky face on. And why does Sophie always have her hat on the side of her head? I wonder how she secures it in that precarious position?

Royals attend Church

Newspix International has some lovely images, particularly one of Lady Louise accepting presents!

Thank you for the pictures, Molly :flowers:. As always, Louise is being her sweet and poised self. She did appear a little bemused at the gift, which is precious in and of itself :D.

I thought Kate & William should have been there but...

I'm sure Lady Louise didn't mind being the center of attention.

It's nice of Charles & Camilla to stay in the middle so that other members of the family take the lead; and the focus is on the entire family and not just the Wales.

As always, nice to see Princess Anne with her children & their spouses. The York girls helping their granny.

But I guess, James is still too impatient to sit through a church service so again, he's left at home.

I don't see anything wrong with Zara's teeth, she's only missing one tooth.

Iluvbertie, you are probably right about the "loo" thing, but I have another interpretation of this situation. Probably Catherine ate nothing all morning (maybe some candies she could suck) so that she wouldn't have anything to throw up at church. And thus she looked a bit weak. On the other hand, the Middletons might have chosen this upscale church for Christmas because it had modern "loos" with plenty of access to everyone.
My local Episcopal church had cramped "loos" until they build an addition with big easy-access bathrooms.
Well, sorry for all the bathroom talk, but it's a necessity for a woman with HG, and one reason she might not want to go to Sandringham. If she appears there during the holidays I predict she will not eat anything before making her appearance. HG reduces you to pretty basic parameters of human existence.

That said, Catherine's chances of being all well soon are good. Not perfect, but good. Within the month she will be normal if she follows the most common HG pattern. She looks as if she might have pressure behind her eyes (raised blood pressure) and flushed face, and becoming normal again cannot come too soon. I have not predicted baby's gender or twinning, but at this point twinning seems possible.

Last edited:
^Yep. Comfort is important for her right now. So I can't blame her for choosing to stay with her family instead of going to Sandringham. Two church services + pre-Christmas/Christmas activities and multiple outfit changes (for meals) sounds exhausting compared to one church service and a quiet day at home with a few family members. When you're not feeling well, the last thing you want is to be moving around all day.

Since the two lunches were relatively private, it's hard to know if they were drama free. But she could only attend the SPOTY awards for 45 minutes, so she's obviously still not feeling well.

Why would she have had to go to two church services?

Normally William wouldn't arrive at Sandringham until Christmas Eve - the Monday so no church service then - so only the short service on Tuesday was necessary.

I am sure that the family would have accomodated her needs to rest and even not insisted on her changing, and even not insisted on everyone else changing as a show of solidarity.

I thought Zara looked really good but my gosh, can't she get a dental bridge for her missing teeth? I never noticed how unbecoming it was until the 2012 Christmas photos appeared.

I, for one, think it's refreshing to see Zara not fussing about her looks just because she's celebrating christmas with her family and knows she's gonna get photographed. It would also be a horribly expensive affair to get bridges and implants everytime she lose some teeth (which can happen quite often in competitive horse riding).

Why would she have had to go to two church services?

Most (maybe all) of the Royals go church very early on Christmas morning, before the "official" walk later. Certainly the major Royals go then. I believe at that time is when they receive sacraments. Therefore, there are two church services that they attend on Christmas Day.

No sign of the Linleys or Chattos this year - dont they do alternate years at Sandringham as well?

The only time I have ever heard of them going to two services on Christmas Day is when Christmas Day and Sunday are on the same day - like 2011 - when they have the normal Sunday service and then later attend the Christmas Service.

On a non-Sunday Christmas Day they only go once. This is a non-Sunday Christmas Day so only once.

I think it's unfair to both William and Kate and to The Queen to suggest that W and K are doing something offensive or disrespectful by not having Christmas at Sandringham. It's clear William has nothing but respect and affection for The Queen, and I think if it was actually important to her that William and Kate be at Sandringham, they'd be there. QEII seems like a reasonable woman, however, and she also has the experience of having been very close as a child to both her own parents and to her non royal relations on her mother's side. Given that background I can't imagine why she would be anything but supportive of Kate, and eventually the new baby, having the same kind of relationship with the Middletons.

The only time I have ever heard of them going to two services on Christmas Day is when Christmas Day and Sunday are on the same day - like 2011 - when they have the normal Sunday service and then later attend the Christmas Service.

On a non-Sunday Christmas Day they only go once. This is a non-Sunday Christmas Day so only once.

There are two church services on Christmas...at least there were for the last few years. There are actually photos of the royals attending both services this year.

Most (maybe all) of the Royals go church very early on Christmas morning, before the "official" walk later. Certainly the major Royals go then. I believe at that time is when they receive sacraments. Therefore, there are two church services that they attend on Christmas Day.
Yes, this is what I meant. Thanks for explaining it.

Last edited:
I think it's unfair to both William and Kate and to The Queen to suggest that W and K are doing something offensive or disrespectful by not having Christmas at Sandringham. It's clear William has nothing but respect and affection for The Queen, and I think if it was actually important to her that William and Kate be at Sandringham, they'd be there. QEII seems like a reasonable woman, however, and she also has the experience of having been very close as a child to both her own parents and to her non royal relations on her mother's side. Given that background I can't imagine why she would be anything but supportive of Kate, and eventually the new baby, having the same kind of relationship with the Middletons.
Excellent observation.

Thanks, cinrit. :flowers: I was searching for the photos but couldn't find them.

While looking at past Christmas photos, I noticed that Zara was absent from Sandringham in 2010. She was supposedly spending the holiday privately with Mike.

So it would appear that the Queen doesn't have a problem with her family missing an occasional Christmas at Sandringham.

Last edited:
Thanks cinrit, I too was searching for the pictures from the 1st service & couldn't find them.

It looks like the first 3 pictures are from the early service. Autumn is dressed differently. Also the caption mentions the early service.

RexFeatures has a couple more images of the family arriving to the earlier service. Autumn's bobble hat is adorable!

Some years we have images of the Boxing Day hunt, but we haven't had them for a few years. It's a good thing though, as it gives them privacy but I do always like to see them altogether.

All hunting pictures stopped a few years ago after the fox hunting brouhaha.

So now they are at Sandringham spending the holidays with The Queen and the rest of the family. Everything is okay.

Considering Zara's career as an equestrian it is possible that her dentist will not give her implants until she retires from the sport because there is a choking risk if they're knocked out. The same could happen with teeth that are on a removable device.
Not so in the US. A permanent titanium implant will stay in pretty much no matter what.

:previous: Nice to see the card but I think it's a bit sad that it's on eBay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom