The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-20-2011, 06:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Of course the rest of the party travelled by car - including the corgis. It if just the Queen who 'roughs it'.
What really impressed me was the comments that followed the article. It really shows how much HM is in the hearts of people as they stood up for their Queen (and yes some Americans did too). They clearly believe that she rated better than just common, ordinary means of transportation even in these austere times.

I can just imagine Ladonga's version of that car heading to Sandringham too. Most likely with a rousing chorus of "Over the river and through the woods to Grandmother's house we go" too.

Old 12-20-2011, 06:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, HM is a grand lady who certainly rates a car to whatever her destination may be, IMO, though I certainly respect her concession to austerity.

Old 12-20-2011, 06:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Yes, HM is a grand lady who certainly rates a car to whatever her destination may be, IMO, though I certainly respect her concession to austerity.

I think it's much more fun to travel by train!
You can always drive someplace. but a train...I really like trains.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, if it's the ultra-luxurious Orient Express, then all aboard for me! Though that may not be in the spirit of austerity.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:16 PM
Majesty

I agree with many posters on here in regards to Her Majesty traveling to Sandringham via train. It's only an hour and a half ride, so there's no reason to bring out the Royal Train. I think a trip that long in the car would be a bit much for a person of her age. There's no chance to get up and stretch one's legs, while on the train that is possible. She's showing solidarity and compassion to her subjects in time of economic hardship worldwide, that gives (at least me) yet another reason to respect and admire her.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:19 PM
Majesty

Found this on my twitter.

Kate Middleton's First Royal Christmas: What Can She Expect : People.com

Old 12-21-2011, 01:43 AM
Nobility

No shows at the Pre-Christmas Lunch

This explains why Beatrice and Eugenie were not at the Christmas lunch yesterday.

Why Bea said no to the Queen | Mail Online
Old 12-21-2011, 03:13 AM
Majesty

I am pleased that the girls were able to attend their friend's wedding. Hopefully she will only have one in her lifetime while the girls will still have the main Christmas celebrations with their grandmother (but of course they are not allowed to see their mother on Christmas Day as she isn't allowed to even stay on the estate anymore - which she did the first few years after her separation and divorce).
Old 12-21-2011, 03:55 AM
Courtier

It would be nice to see grandma Anne carrying Savannah to Christmas services.

Wonder if we will see images of her 1st birthday party.
Old 12-21-2011, 04:49 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
It would be nice to see grandma Anne carrying Savannah to Christmas services.

Wonder if we will see images of her 1st birthday party.
I doubt it - we didn't get any pictures from her baptism except for them going into the church and/or coming out.

As Savannah is so far from the throne I think we should expect to see very little of her - even less then we have so far seen of Louise and James.

Louise hasn't yet made the walk to church - maybe this year - so I really do think that we won't see Savannah doing that walk, with or without her grandmother Anne.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:41 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Kate Middleton: What should Duchess of Cambridge wear for the Queen on Christmas Day? | Mail Online
Old 12-22-2011, 10:45 AM
Nobility

are we going to see what she wear on christmas day
Old 12-22-2011, 10:49 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by hana View Post
are we going to see what she wear on christmas day
We will see what she wears to church and that is all. We will not see anything inside Sandringham and as she is apparently not attending the boxing day shoot, and outfit for that won't be necessary.
Old 12-22-2011, 05:50 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
We will see what she wears to church and that is all. We will not see anything inside Sandringham and as she is apparently not attending the boxing day shoot, and outfit for that won't be necessary.

I was under the impression that she wasn't going to be shooting. The Queen. Anne and Sophie attend the shoot but don't shoot - they watch, help with picking up the birds etc. The Queen controls some of the retriever dogs.

Would she really stay in the house while everyone else was out at the shoot?

Camilla always leaves on Boxing Day to go to her own family. The York girls do their own thing - although I have read that they frequently leave as well to go and see their mother now that she isn't invited to stay on the estate - when she was they would go and stay with her. Zara will be leaving on Boxing Day, if not late on Christmas Day, as Mike has a game to play on Boxing Day and has to get to a training session late on Christmas Day. Autumn is about 6 months pregnant and also has a young baby - so Kate could spend the day with her I suppose.
Old 12-22-2011, 05:54 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I have no idea what she's going to do, she may want to 'fit in' with them or stay in the warm for a few hours.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I have no idea what she's going to do, she may want to 'fit in' with them or stay in the warm for a few hours.

I imagine, to get in the Queen's good books, she'll attend the boxing day shoot and tag along with Sophie or Anne (most likely Sophie) and help pick up the birds etc. for their husbands.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:30 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
I imagine, to get in the Queen's good books, she'll attend the boxing day shoot and tag along with Sophie or Anne (most likely Sophie) and help pick up the birds etc. for their husbands.
I think Sophie would be a good choice. They get along pretty well and have spent some time with each other before and after the wedding.

Old 12-23-2011, 12:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I think Sophie would be a good choice. They get along pretty well and have spent some time with each other before and after the wedding.
I wonder what are the possibilities of the Middletons invited to stay at a guest cottage at Sandringham? I would imagine that both William and Kate will want to see her parents over the holidays also.
Old 12-23-2011, 01:28 AM
Majesty

But how long are they actually staying. There are reports that they will be in Scotland for New Year - and Charles usually leaves on the 27th so it is possible that William and Kate will also leave then - a bit much to take over a house for only a couple of days - no time to decorate it or things like that.
Old 12-23-2011, 04:47 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Television and radio listings for the Queen's 2011 Christmas message:

United States

The C-SPAN channels usually air the message several times during the day, usually for the first time in the late morning or early afternoon Eastern time. It currently hasn't been assigned a time slot yet, but their schedule is very flexible and can change at a moment's notice.

Canada
  • CBC: 12:00 noon and 7:55 PM local time (12:30 PM and 8:25 PM in Newfoundland).
  • CBC News Network: 12:00 noon and 3:00 PM Eastern. (9:00 and 12:00 Pacific, 10:00 and 1:00
  • Mountain, 11:00 and 2:00 Central, 1:00 and 4:00 Atlantic, and 1:30 and 4:30 Newfoundland)

United Kingdom
  • BBC One: 3:00 PM
  • BBC Two: 5:50 PM
  • BBC Radio 4: 3:00 PM
  • ITV1: 3:00 PM
  • Sky 1: 3:00 PM
  • Sky News: 3:00 PM, 4:30 PM, 5:30 PM, 6:30 PM, 7:30 PM

Australia
  • ABC 1: 7:20 PM (New South Wales, Victoria, Tasmania, and the Australian Capital Territory), 6:20 PM (Queensland), 6:50 PM (South Australia), 5:50 PM (Northern Territory), 4:20 PM (Western Australia)
  • Nine: 12:20 AM December 26th (New South Wales, Victoria, Tasmania, and the Australian Capital Territory), 11:20 PM (Queensland), 11:50 PM (South Australia), 10:50 PM (Northern Territory), 9:20 PM (Western Australia)

New Zealand
  • TV One: 4:50 PM

Tags
christmas