British Royal Christmas 2004-2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Increased security at Royal service

Visitors to a church where the Queen was attending a Christmas Eve service were greeted with heightened security measures. Police used electronic body searching devices to scan some visitors arriving to see members of the Royal family attend the service at St Mary Magdalene Church near the royal residence at Sandringham, Norfolk.

Members of the royal family, including the Duke of Edinburgh, The Duke of York, the Earl and Countess of Wessex, and the Duke of York's daughters, Princess Beatrice and Eugenie joined the Queen for the 40-minute service. Neither the Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall, the Princess Royal nor Prince William were at the service.

I wonder why Charles, Camilla, William did not attend the service. I would have loved to see some pics.

'Extra security' at royal church
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/norfolk/6207931.stm

i didnt know that cant takes pictures of Royals dues respectives of July bomb 2005 so police told press about that.

Prince Charles,Duchess of Cornwall and Prince William and Harry cant come dues of their schedules but Harry cant come because army plans but im not sure what plans for William! i dont know what about Prince Charles and Camilla?

so the devices will check the visitor's body if have guns,knives,etc they cant taking pictures of royals i dont understand why!

i did add on bbc news about Sandringham devices in royals holidays but i cant believe that news but dues respectives of July bomb 2005

Queen Elizabeth II's 2006 Christmas message.

I thought that the broadcast of Queen Elizabeth II's 2006 Christmas message to the British Commonwealth was very good.She expressed that although each religious tradition has differences,but we must learn to focus on what they all have in common with the Anglican (Protestant) faith tradition.It applies not only to the U.K.,but also to the British Commonwealth as well.

Please let us know what you thought of it?

Aidan.

It is always such a pleasure to me seeing the royals on Christmas Day. I wonder if a few of the oldest royal photographers/correspondents were allowed to get pictures and why they only took pictures of the Queen.
I hope things are back to "normal" soon. These heightened security measures, while necessary, are not much fun for anyone, least of all the family. :sad:

The message from Her Majesty also made mention of the very special relationship between the older and younger generations. Being someone who was brought up in the most part by my Grandparents, that theme within the address resonated very loudly with me.

I usually like camilla's hats but not this one . It seems that sophie wasn't there or they haven't shown her .

Last edited:
I tried to watch the speech on the BBC site, but it didn't work. :mad:

Thakns for the link, Star84. I must say I think Camilla's hat is ridiculous looking ~ like she has a dead bird on top of her head. And Pss. Eugenie's retro 60s coat makes her look like she's expecting. Sorry. On a positive note, I think the POW looks good. I love it when he smiles. And Zara is a fashionable as ever.

On the site from Polfoto you can see pics of the contess of Wessex.
She was their too.

It is possible to download it as a podcast from the monarchy's website.You could try doing that if you have got an iPod.

Aidan.

Sophie's outfit is probably my favorite. Elegant and flattering, and very well coordinated. And weather-appropriate!

The Queen looks great. Very nice outfit.

Beatrice: finally, she (or her mother) have picked something relatively unfussy and uncluttered. Pretty color, flattering cut. Not sure the hat goes with the rest of the outfit, and even if it did I don't really like it. It's winter! wear a real hat which will keep you warm and be appropriate for the weather.

Eugenie - sigh.

BTW, did you notice Bea and Eugenie are wearing the same show with a different trim?

Camilla: I like her outfit, and her hat. The leopard print hat, cuffs and purse give some oomph to the otherwise unexciting outfit.

Zara: so-so. Nice enough and trendy probably, but nothing that really catches my admiration.

Surprise delight: Margarita Armstrong-Jones! What a cutie! and dressed adorably.

I'd love to see more little kids for this parade. Where's Edward and Sophie's daughter Louise?

Edward and Sophie don't bring her to church they are raising her as privately as possible.

margarita was all the show!! ha ha ha ha
it's so nice to see the kids in the royals celebrations! all the royal families of the present are anyway with the children! The next year may be we can see louise too, her aparittion in the queen's birthday was adorable

First of all , let me say that i like everyones outfits and i dont mean to be controversial

Sophie: She has a really great style+ i love everything she wears. Shes really elegant.(Doe anyone notice she wears the same hat as beatrice the year before only in a different colour? When Bea wore that last year she recieved so much critism..i though she looked lovely just as Sohie did today)

Zara: I really dislike what Zara wore. seeing several pic of her from ovel the week, i was expecting something really classy, but she shocked me..since when did flowery coats come in fahion for winter? im sorry but she looked dreadful.I would much prefer seeing her in something like what she wore to the cheltham..she look much better with plain coats..

Beatrice: I thought she looked so fashionable. No matter what anyone says, i think that its hard to dress both formally and fashionable at the same time. Shes only 18 and i wouldnt want to see her looking like a 30 yr old. Shes still young she can have fun with her dressing
Eugenie: Likewise, i was really impressed with her dressing. I know how long it took, trying to find an outfit for christmas. Something formal but still fun..i just wish i could find something like that.
I think they are critisized too much for what they wear, when i think they look brilliant

Camilla: I loved the fact that her dressing was fun..at first, i hated the hat but it makes her outfit look more exciting so thatss good

Maragrita: She just looks so cute
I hope we get to see Louise next year. I believe she didnt attend thi year as she is not old enough. None of the others started going to services until they were at least 4.

What can i say about any of the men?...im not sure who those little boys were, i know they are either sarah chatto kids or viscount linley son..they looked cute as well
Prince Charles had a nice tie(red white blue - my flag)

Last edited:
And how nice to see Eugenie looking happy and smiling for once!!

Queen: elegant as always
Camilla: what the heck was she thinking with the hat?
Zara: ok, nothing really fancy
Beatrice & Eugenie: hmm.....?
Wills: handsome
Charles: not bad

Where was Harry?

I've seen Sophie in this outfit before - several times before actually. I actually check the date on the photos to see if they were recent.

Margarita

Can someone post a picture of Margarita. I can't find one.

It was great to see Princess Eugenie smiling for a change. The royal Ladies all look great as usual for Christmas. I hope there are more pictures of the family, does anyone have some to post?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom