British Royal Family Engagements 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iluvbertie

Imperial Majesty
City
Bathurst
Country
Australia
Weekly update to 9th January, 2014 and first for 2014

This is the first entry for 2014 and will stick to the same format as last year with a new addition of a breakdown in the type of engagements e.g. xxxx number of 'visits'. Each month I hope to break that down by royal (although that won't necessarily be exactly at the end of the month as sometimes that coincides with a very busy time at my school).

I debated internally with myself about continuing to count the engagements of those undertaken by members of the family not listed individually on the CC page but have decided to continue for my own interest and the interest here.

It should also be pointed out that despite the press coverage of Andrew's speech on education last week it has never shown up in the CC and nor did The Queen's activity after church last Sunday that was reported here. I use the CC as published on the British monarchy website as my primary source.

HM The Queen - 1(0 - up 1)
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh - 0 (0 - no change)
HRH The Prince of Wales - 0 (0 - no change)
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall - 0 (0 - no change)
HRH The Duke of Cambridge - 0 (0 - no change)
HRH The Duchess of Cambridge - 0 (0 - no change)
HRH Prince Henry of Wales - 0 (0 - no change)
HRH The Duke of York - 0 (0 - no change)
HRH Princess Beatrice of York - 0 (0 - no change)
HRH Princess Eugenie of York - 0 (0 - no change)
HRH The Earl of Wessex - 0 (0 - no change)
HRH The Countess of Wessex - 5 (0 - up 5)
HRH The Princess Royal - 3 (0 - up 3)
Vice-Admiral Tim Laurence - 2 (0 - up 2 - accompanied 2)
HRH The Duke of Gloucester - 0 (0 - no change)
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester - 2 (0 - up 2)
HRH The Duke of Kent - 0 (0 - no change)
HRH The Duchess of Kent - 0 (0 - no change)
HRH Prince Michael of Kent – 0 (0 - no change)
HRH Princess Michael of Kent - 0 (0 - no change)
HRH Princess Alexandra - 0 (0 - no change)

Order from most downwards - the 'league table' if you like. I refuse to calculate how people are moving up or down that list. I do move people around who have moved up or down but I am not putting in how many places they are moving - although usually it is only one place in either direction.

HRH The Countess of Wessex - 5
HRH The Princess Royal - 3
Vice-Admiral Tim Laurence - 2
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester - 2
HM The Queen – 1
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh – 0
HRH The Prince of Wales - 0
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall - 0
HRH The Duke of Cambridge - 0
HRH The Duchess of Cambridge - 0
HRH Prince Henry of Wales - 0
HRH The Duke of York - 0
HRH Princess Beatrice of York – 0
HRH Princess Eugenie of York - 0
HRH The Earl of Wessex - 0
HRH The Duke of Gloucester - 0
HRH The Duke of Kent - 0
HRH The Duchess of Kent - 0
HRH Prince Michael of Kent – 0
HRH Princess Michael of Kent - 0
HRH Princess Alexandra - 0

Year to date total - 13 (0 - up 13)

84.6% of those engagements being carried out by The Queen, her children and their spouses.
The main line (The Queen, Duke of Edinburgh, Prince of Wales, Duchess of Cornwall, Duke of Cambridge, Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Harry) has done 7.7%.
7.7% of all engagements are being done by those over 85.
7.7% done by those 70 and above
41.1% are being done by those over 60.
38.4% were done by those in their 60s.
7.7% have been done by The Queen.
0% were done by Charles.
0% were done by Camilla

Days on which official engagements were undertaken to 9th January, 2014

HM The Queen - 1
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh - 0
HRH The Prince of Wales - 0
HRH The Duke of York - 0
HRH Princess Beatrice of York - 0
HRH The Earl of Wessex - 0
HRH The Countess of Wessex - 2
HRH The Princess Royal - 2
Vice-Admiral Tim Laurence - 1
HRH The Duke of Gloucester - 0
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester - 1
HRH The Duke of Kent - 0
HRH Prince Michael of Kent - 0

Types of Engagements

This list is NOT exhaustive but covers many of the types of engagements that they do. There will probably be an 'other' category added at some time in the future for things like 'funerals'.

Audience
Ballet
Concert
Conference - 1
Council
Dinner - 1
Football
Forum
Funeral
Investiture
Luncheon - 3
Meeting - 3
Polo
Presented Awards - 1
Races
Received - 2
Received by
Reception
Rugby
Salute
Seminar
Service
Tennis
Visit - 2

An explanation of 'received', 'received by' and 'reception'. A 'received' is where the royal concerned 'receives xxxxx' for some purpose whereas 'received by' is where the royal/s concerned are the ones being received - usually on an overseas tour where they are formally meeting the Head of State. Receptions are more informal affairs where they tend to stand and mingle after some presentation.

A note for the newer members here who may have questions about what I am doing: I am using the Court Circular published daily on the British monarchy website during the week to do a simple count of the engagements of the BRF. This is my personal count and is not anything official. Only engagements listed in the CC, and only royals attending who are listed are given credit e.g. last year there was a reception at which there were pictures of Andrew attending but he wasn't listed in the CC and so wasn't given credit for that engagement. It also will explain why Beatrice in particular appears to do so little when she gets press coverage for doing charity work but as The Queen decides who is doing official engagements and she doesn't give the credit to Beatrice, Beatrice doesn't get the credit from me either.

NOTE - Divine Service doesn't get counted as there is no listing of who actually attended - e.g. who did attend on Christmas Day? We have photos but no list - so it would be unfair to base it on photos.

Note to mods - can we rename this thread up to 2014???

Last edited:
Note to mods - can we rename this thread up to 2014???

Maybe even archive 2013 and do a new thread for 2014. I love the idea that we all can look back at each year and have a running tally of who did what where, why and such. :flowers:

Thank you Iluvbertie

Iluvbertie, for clarification, this does not include 9th January does it?

Also - just for interest I look at the Court Circular for the Times as well as on 5th January, this was the entry for Sandringham

Sandringham, Norfolk

5th January, 2014
Divine Service was held in Sandringham Parish Church this morning.

The Bishop of Rochester preached the Sermon.

The Queen presented The Queen Elizabeth Prize for Academic Excellence at Springwood High School, King’s Lynn, to Darion Mayes, who was introduced into Her Majesty’s presence by Mr Andrew Johnson, the Headmaster.

As the Times gets the info from the Queen's office, I was surprised not to see this in the Court Circular on the Royal website. No wonder it isn't always clear.

The 9th may not be updated on the British monarchy website although Thursdays are normally updated by Saturday morning my time - which is what it is here now.

The only two dates on the British monarchy website are the 7th and 8th.

The 5th is 'no results' - not even 'Divine Service' which normally is recorded when she is on holidays and was for the 29th and 25th December.

I will use the information you have provided for the 5th to update my records and then edit the above post accordingly.

I was wondering if it is things like the 5th January that contribute to some differences between O'Donovan's figures and yours as he always uses the Times!

I wan't expecting you to change your data cos you always use the same source.

This is definitely turning into a Topsy project. Thanks for doing this :flowers:

It could explain some of the differences but I have used your access in the past when the British monarchy doesn't seem to be updating properly so if you have a date it doesn't then it makes sense to use those figures to increase accuracy.

OK - always willing to help as we subscribe to the Times.

Thought of something that might add to your list of "types of engagement" - military! There just might be one or 2!

Military is covered under 'salute' as that is normally what they do - attend a parade and take the salute.

Weekly update to 16th January, 2014

First off I must thank Cepe for giving me the CC each day as the British Monarchy Website had only the 7th and 8th January while the published CC in The Times has events on most days of the week. Without her efforts this week wouldn't have been done.

I have emailed the website itself but haven't received a reply of course but it might alert them to the fact that it isn't being updated.

As for engagements this week Andrew has been doing some overseas while Anne is also working hard. Many of them are still on holidays and have zero engagements although most of the senior royals have done a couple at least.

HM The Queen - 2 (1 - up 1)
HRH The Prince of Wales - 4 (0 - up 4)
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall - 0 (0 - no change)
HRH Prince Henry of Wales - 0 (0 - no change)
HRH The Duke of York - 12 (0 - up 12)
HRH The Earl of Wessex - 1 (0 - up 1)
HRH The Countess of Wessex - 7 (4 - up 3)
HRH The Princess Royal - 15 (0 - up 12)
Vice-Admiral Tim Laurence - 3 (2 - up 1)
HRH The Duke of Gloucester - 4 (0 - up 4)
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester - 4 (2 - up 2)
HRH The Duke of Kent - 2 (0 - up 2)
HRH Princess Alexandra - 0 (0 - no change)

Order from most downwards - the 'league table' if you like. I refuse to calculate how people are moving up or down that list. I do move people around who have moved up or down but I am not putting in how many places they are moving - although usually it is only one place in either direction.

HRH The Princess Royal - 15
HRH The Duke of York - 12
HRH The Countess of Wessex - 7
HRH The Prince of Wales - 4
HRH The Duke of Gloucester - 4
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester - 4
Vice-Admiral Tim Laurence - 3
HM The Queen – 2
HRH The Duke of Kent - 2
HRH The Earl of Wessex - 1

Year to date total - 55 (16 - up 39)

Note change in total due to late additions that weren't added in to this section of the post.

69.1% of those engagements being carried out by The Queen, her children and their spouses.
The main line (The Queen, Duke of Edinburgh, Prince of Wales, Duchess of Cornwall, Duke of Cambridge, Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Harry) has done 10.9%.
3.6% of all engagements are being done by those over 85.
7.3% done by those 70 and above
56.4% are being done by those over 60.
40.1% were done by those in their 60s.
3.4% have been done by The Queen.
7.3% were done by Charles.
0% were done by Camilla

Days on which official engagements were undertaken to 16th January, 2014

HM The Queen - 2
HRH The Prince of Wales - 2
HRH The Duke of York - 3
HRH The Earl of Wessex - 1
HRH The Countess of Wessex - 4
HRH The Princess Royal - 6
HRH The Duke of Gloucester - 3
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester - 3
HRH The Duke of Kent - 2

Types of Engagements

It needs to be noted is that sometimes there is a double-barrelled engagement such as 'xxxxx attended a meeting followed by a dinner for yyyyy'. That would be 1 engagement in total, if they both occurred at the same venue, but two 'types of engagements' for here.

Audience
Ballet
Called Upon - 1
Concert - 1
Conference - 1
Council
Dinner - 4
Football
Forum
Funeral
Investiture
Luncheon - 5
Meeting - 7
Opened - 3
Polo
Presented Awards - 2
Races
Received - 14
Received by - 2
Reception - 1
Rugby
Salute
Seminar - 2
Service
Tennis
Visit - 12

An explanation of 'received', 'received by' and 'reception'. A 'received' is where the royal concerned 'receives xxxxx' for some purpose whereas 'received by' is where the royal/s concerned are the ones being received - usually on an overseas tour where they are formally meeting the Head of State. Receptions are more informal affairs where they tend to stand and mingle after some presentation.

Anne's schedule is packed these days. So glad Prince Andrew is keeping fences mended.

Andrew is on an overseas tour to Bahrain which is why his numbers are up at the moment while Anne is just going about doing the same things she always does.

Weekly update to 16th January, 2014

Again I must thank Cepe for giving me the CC each as the British Monarchy Website hasn't been updating each day. It seems as if they may be getting back to updating as the 23rd is now up.

As for engagements this week the pace is picking up a bit although The Queen and Philip are still at Sandringham on their winter break but Camilla has returned to the public engagement trail, as has Harry.

HM The Queen - 3 (2 - up 1)
HRH The Prince of Wales - 12 (4 - up 8)
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall - 5 (0 - up 5)
HRH Prince Henry of Wales - 1 (0 - up 1)
HRH The Duke of York - 16 (12 - up 4)
HRH The Earl of Wessex - 12 (7 - up 5)
HRH The Countess of Wessex - 7 (4 - up 3)
HRH The Princess Royal - 28 (15 - up 13)
Vice-Admiral Tim Laurence - 3 (3 - no change)
HRH The Duke of Gloucester - 5 (4 - up 1)
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester - 4 (4 - no change)
HRH The Duke of Kent - 6 (2 - up 4)
HRH Princess Alexandra - 1 (0 - up 1)

HRH The Princess Royal - 28
HRH The Duke of York - 16
HRH The Prince of Wales - 12
HRH The Countess of Wessex - 12
HRH The Earl of Wessex - 7
HRH The Duke of Kent - 6
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall - 5
HRH The Duke of Gloucester - 5
HM The Queen – 3
HRH Prince Henry of Wales - 1
HRH Princess Alexandra - 1

Year to date total - 103 (55 - up 48)

36.9% of those engagements being carried out by The Queen, her children and their spouses.
The main line (The Queen, Duke of Edinburgh, Prince of Wales, Duchess of Cornwall, Duke of Cambridge, Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Harry) has done 5.8%.
1.9% of all engagements are being done by those over 85.
9.7% done by those 70 and above
62.1% are being done by those over 60.
53.4% were done by those in their 60s.
2.9% have been done by The Queen.
11.7% were done by Charles.
4.9% were done by Camilla
35% were done by those over retirement age

Note - these figures are very fluid at the moment with wide variations week to week until everyone is back in their normal routines. I think the time is coming when the main line should increase with the next generation adding to their figures while the figures for the older generations, as a percentage certainly, should start to decrease (not necessarily the individual totals for them but as a percentage of the entire workload). Before anyone (particularly on TRF and this is posted there as well with some minor

Days on which official engagements were undertaken to 23rd January, 2014

HM The Queen - 3
HRH The Prince of Wales - 6
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall - 3
HRH The Duke of York - 6
HRH The Earl of Wessex - 3
HRH The Countess of Wessex - 7
HRH The Princess Royal - 9
HRH The Duke of Gloucester - 4
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester - 3
HRH The Duke of Kent - 4
HRH Princess Alexandra - 1

Types of Engagements

It needs to be noted is that sometimes there is a double-barrelled engagement such as 'xxxxx attended a meeting followed by a dinner for yyyyy'. That would be 1 engagement in total, if they both occurred at the same venue, but two 'types of engagements' for here.

Audience
Ballet
Called Upon - 1
Concert - 3
Conference - 1
Council
Dinner - 8
Football
Forum - 2
Funeral
Investiture - 1
Luncheon - 5
Meeting - 11
Opened - 11
Polo
Presented Awards - 3
Races
Received - 23
Received by - 3
Reception - 6
Rugby
Salute/Military -
Seminar - 2
Service
Tennis
Visit - 23
Other - 4

'Other' incudes those things that could be a once a year type event or something I failed to categorise this year and have run out of lines and don't have the time to redo the entire spreadsheet but will try to include next year.

Charles to no.3! I am sure feb wl be a gud month for Anne and Andrew to relax a bit to make the PoW the 'hardest working'.. And what on earth is Kate doing.. Sitting idle for an entire month in the prime of her life.. Seriously she s losing it..

These are still very early figures for the royals and I expect them to pan out much the same way as in past years - Charles and Anne at the top, The Queen, Edward and Andrew as the next three, Sophie and Camilla next and then the rest.

I don't think Philip will return to the top 5 or so again but if he is healthy he probably will.

The interesting ones will be where William and Kate end up at the end of the year - hopefully around the same numbers as Sophie and Camilla - mid-high 200s and with a three week tour to bolster figures and no excuse of full-time work to use that is possible.

Weekly update to 30th January, 2014

Again I must thank Cepe for giving me the CC each day on TRF as the British Monarchy Website didn't start doing its regular update until the 23rd January but she kept going until we were comfortable that it was updating daily which it now seems to be doing.

As for engagements this week the pace is picking up a bit although The Queen and Philip are still at Sandringham on their annual break and aren't expected back into full swing until sometime after the 6th January - The Queen has traditionally spent the anniversary of her accession at Sandringham where her father died. She has always done a couple of engagements there, and that has continued this week, although the only time I have known her to do an engagement on the 6th itself was in 2012 when there were even comments on the fact - she planted the first of the Jubilee trees with Anne that day.

Edward made a quick overseas trip to Switzerland - out and back with an overnight stay, while the Duke of Gloucester went to Germany to visit troops and The Duchess went to the US for a reception to do with her position as Honorary President of the Lawn Tennis Association. These visits rarely get any coverage sadly.

HM The Queen - 6(3 - up 3)
HRH The Prince of Wales - 24 (12 - up 12)
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall - 9 (5 - up 4)
HRH Prince Henry of Wales - 1 (1 - no change)
HRH The Duke of York - 19 (16 - up 3)
HRH The Earl of Wessex - 8 (7 - up 1)
HRH The Countess of Wessex - 13 (12 - up 1)
HRH The Princess Royal - 30 (28 - up 2)
HRH The Duke of Gloucester - 8 (5 - up 3)
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester - 5 (4 - up 1)
HRH The Duke of Kent - 8 (6 - up 2)
HRH Princess Alexandra - 2 (1 - up 1)

HRH The Princess Royal - 30
HRH The Prince of Wales - 24
HRH The Duke of York - 19
HRH The Countess of Wessex - 13
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall - 9
HRH The Earl of Wessex - 8
HRH The Duke of Kent - 8
HRH The Duke of Gloucester - 8
HM The Queen – 6
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester - 5
HRH Princess Alexandra - 2

Year to date total - 136 (103 - up 33)

28%% of those engagements being carried out by The Queen, her children and their spouses.
The main line (The Queen, Duke of Edinburgh, Prince of Wales, Duchess of Cornwall, Duke of Cambridge, Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Harry) has done 29%.
1.5% of all engagements are being done by those over 85.
11.7% done by those 70 and above
67.6% are being done by those over 60.
57.3% were done by those in their 60s.
4.4% have been done by The Queen.
17.6% were done by Charles.
6.6% were done by Camilla
45.5% were done by those over retirement age
22%% were done by Anne

Note - these figures are very fluid at the moment with wide variations week to week until everyone is back in their normal routines. I think the time is coming when the main line should increase with the next generation adding to their figures while the figures for the older generations, as a percentage certainly, should start to decrease (not necessarily the individual totals for them but as a percentage of the entire workload).

Days on which official engagements were undertaken to 30th January, 2014
HM The Queen - 4
HRH The Prince of Wales - 10
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall - 5
HRH The Duke of York - 8
HRH The Earl of Wessex - 4
HRH The Countess of Wessex - 8
HRH The Princess Royal - 10
HRH The Duke of Gloucester - 7
HRH The Duke of Kent - 5
HRH Princess Alexandra - 2

Types of Engagements

Audience
Ballet
Called Upon - 1
Concert - 3
Conference - 1
Council
Dinner - 10
Football
Forum - 3
Funeral
Investiture - 2
Luncheon - 5
Meeting - 14
Opened - 13
Polo
Presented Awards - 3
Races
Received - 31
Received by - 3
Reception - 13
Rugby
Salute/Military - 1
Seminar - 3
Service
Tennis
Visit - 30
Other - 5

'Other' incudes those things that could be a once a year type event or something I failed to categorise this year and have run out of lines and don't have the time to redo the entire spreadsheet but will try to include next year.

Thanks, as usual for this hard work, Iluvbertie.

This is odd. Earlier in the month I went and looked at upcoming events for the entire family (royal.gov) and I know for sure I saw at least two in this month for the Duke of Edinburgh. I remember because I found it odd that he was out and about while the Queen had nothing upcoming in either Jan or Feb on the day I checked.
Either he cancelled, or they were not reported.
I also remember Anne having more scheduled things this week - but I could be wrong about that. FYI - Anne's picture in the diary has been replaced with her Coat Of Arms (It's small - that's my guess at what it is).

They should hire you, Iluvbertie. You could work from home! :flowers:

Last edited:
Just now - as I was perusing the Royal Diary at royal.gov, the Princess Royal's avatar changed from her coat of arms to a new, widely smiling photo. Schedule dates are also filling as a I watch. It's nice to know someone in the firm works on Sundays, just like I do. :flowers:

As I now have the final figures for January I am giving you a breakdown of type of engagement by royal:

HM The Queen: Presented Awards - 3; Received - 4;
HRH The Prince of Wales: Dinners - 2; Investiture - 1; Meetings - 5; Received - 7; Receptions - 3; Seminars - 1; Visits - 7; Other - 2;
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall: Concerts - 2; Dinner - 1; Received - 2; Reception - 1; Visits - 4;
HRH Prince Henry of Wales: Forum - 1; Reception - 1;
HRH The Duke of York: Called Upon - 1; Concert - 1; Dinner - 1; Forum - 1; Investiture - 1; Luncheons - 2; Opened - 2; Received - 1; Received by - 3; Reception - 1; Seminar - 1; Visit - 3; Others - 1;
HRH The Earl of Wessex: Meeting 1; Opened - 1; Received - 2; Reception - 2; Visits - 2;
HRH The Countess of Wessex: Forum - 1; Luncheon - 1; Meeting - 7; Opened - 2; Received - 1; Visit - 1;
HRH The Princess Royal: Conference - 1; Dinner - 4; Luncheon - 1; Meeting - 1; Opened - 8; Received - 1; Reception - 2; Seminar - 1; Visits - 11; Other - 1;
Vice Admiral Tim Laurence: Dinner - 1; Luncheon - 1; Visit - 1;
HRH The Duke of Gloucester: Dinner - 1; Received - 5; Salute - 1; Other - 1;
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester: Dinner - 1; Received - 4; Reception - 1; Tennis - 1;
HRH The Duke of Kent: Received - 4; Visits - 4;
HRH Princess Alexandra: Reception - 2;

Note: those not listed above have done no engagements in January - Philip, William, Kate, Beatrice, Eugenie, Katherine, Michael and Marie-Christine. Some of them will do so in February although others may remain at zero until June or so.

I would also like to add that if there is a difference between the breakdown and the total it is because there are times when an engagement is worded something like: 'HRH aaa visited xxx and then attended a dinner'. When this is at the one venue this is counted as one engagement but in the identification of types of engagement I am identifying both activities.

Last edited:
Weekly update to 5th February, 2014

Sorry that this is only up to Wednesday but the British Monarchy website hasn't updated the 6th yet, which it normally does by the Saturday down under (time difference can be a pain).

The Queen and Philip should be returning to London this week and so we should see them out and about a bit more. The rest seem to keep on keeping on.

HM The Queen - 10 (6 - up 4)
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh - 1 (0 - up 1)
HRH The Prince of Wales - 36 (24 - up 12)
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall - 13 (9 - up 4
HRH Prince Henry of Wales - 1 (1 - no change)
HRH The Duke of York - 27 (19 - up 8)
HRH The Earl of Wessex - 10 (8 - up 2)
HRH The Countess of Wessex - 19 (13 - up 6)
HRH The Princess Royal - 34 (30 - up 4)
HRH The Duke of Gloucester - 9 (8 - up 1)
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester - 10 (5 - up 5)
HRH The Duke of Kent - 9 (8 - up 1)
HRH Princess Alexandra - 3 (2 - up 1)

HRH The Prince of Wales - 36
HRH The Princess Royal - 34
HRH The Duke of York - 27
HRH The Countess of Wessex - 19
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall - 13
HM The Queen – 10
HRH The Earl of Wessex - 10
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester - 10
HRH The Duke of Gloucester - 9
HRH The Duke of Kent - 9
HRH Princess Alexandra - 3
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh – 1

Year to date total - 185 (136 - up 49)

82.7%% of those engagements being carried out by The Queen, her children and their spouses.
The main line (The Queen, Duke of Edinburgh, Prince of Wales, Duchess of Cornwall, Duke of Cambridge, Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Harry) has done 32.9%.
1.1% of all engagements are being done by those over 85.
12.4% done by those 70 and above
67.6% are being done by those over 60.
56.8% were done by those in their 60s.
5.4% have been done by The Queen.
19.5% were done by Charles.
7.0% were done by Camilla
49.1% were done by those over retirement age
18.4%% were done by Anne

Note - last week there was a typo - the first figure was typed in as 28% instead of 82% - sorry for that.

Days on which official engagements were undertaken to 5th February, 2014

HM The Queen - 6
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh - 1
HRH The Prince of Wales - 14
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall - 7
HRH The Duke of York - 11
HRH The Earl of Wessex - 6
HRH The Countess of Wessex - 10
HRH The Princess Royal - 13
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester - 7
HRH The Duke of Kent - 6
HRH Princess Alexandra - 3

Types of Engagements

Audience - 0
Ballet - 0
Called Upon - 1
Ceremony - 1
Church Service - 0
Concert - 3
Conference - 2
Council Meeting - 0
Dinner - 18
Football - 0
Forum - 3
Funeral - 2
Investiture - 2
Launched - 1
Luncheon - 8
Meeting - 18
Met People - 2
Opened - 13
Other Events - 3
Other Sports - 5
Performance - 1
Polo - 0
Presented Awards - 5
Races - 0
Received - 39
Received by - 4
Reception - 20
Rugby - 0
Military Parade/Salute - 1
Seminar -
Tea - 2
Tennis - 3
Unveiled - 1
Viewed - 1
Visit - 38

Weekly update to 13th February, 2014

Cepe has sent through the details for the 13th February for me which is much appreciated so huge thanks for that Cepe - from me and I hope from everyone else here. It seems that the British Monarchy website is going to update from Thursday to Sunday inclusive on Monday in the UK and then do Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday on the next day. This means that for me down under I don't get the Thursday update until the following Tuesday which is why my original post was updated only to Wednesday but now can be done to Thursday - which is the pattern I have followed for the last two years.

The Queen and Philip returned to London this week and The Queen immediately was busy with Audiences and a Council meeting along with receiving people. Philip stayed and extra day in Sandringham at least as he had another engagement there. Anne and Tim have been busy in Russia at the Olympics but also in Moscow where the CC said: The Princess Royal, accompanied by Vice Admiral Sir Tim Laurence, today carried out the following engagements in Moscow, Russia: and so I have credited Tim with the list of engagements that followed even though the CC then only listed HRH as doing them.

We have all read the article whereby Beatrice attended the same event as Kate but as Beatrice, as is normal for her, wasn't mentioned in the CC of course she doesn't get any credit while Kate does.

HM The Queen - 20 (10 - up 10)
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh - 2 (1 - up 1)
HRH The Prince of Wales - 54 (36 - up 18)
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall - 22 (13 - up 9)
HRH The Duke of Cambridge - 3 (0 - up 3)
HRH The Duchess of Cambridge - 1 (0 - up 1)
HRH Prince Henry of Wales - 2 (1 - up 1)
HRH The Duke of York - 42 (27 - up 15)
HRH The Earl of Wessex - 17 (10 - up 7)
HRH The Countess of Wessex - 24 (19 - up 5)
HRH The Princess Royal - 52 (34 - up 18)
Vice-Admiral Tim Laurence - 17 (3 - up 14)
HRH The Duke of Gloucester - 9 (9 - no change)
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester - 10 (10 - no change)
HRH The Duke of Kent - 9 (9 - no change)
HRH Princess Alexandra - 5 (3 - up 2)

The 'league table'

HRH The Prince of Wales - 54
HRH The Princess Royal - 52
HRH The Duke of York - 42
HRH The Countess of Wessex - 24
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall - 22
HM The Queen – 20
HRH The Earl of Wessex - 17
Vice-Admiral Tim Laurence - 17
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester - 10
HRH The Duke of Gloucester - 9
HRH The Duke of Kent - 9
HRH Princess Alexandra - 5
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh – 2
HRH The Duke of Cambridge - 3
HRH Prince Henry of Wales - 2
HRH The Duchess of Cambridge - 1

Year to date total - 289 (185 - up 104)

86.5%% of those engagements being carried out by The Queen, her children and their spouses.
The main line (The Queen, Duke of Edinburgh, Prince of Wales, Duchess of Cornwall, Duke of Cambridge, Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Harry) has done 36.0%.
7.6% of all engagements are being done by those over 85.
12.4% done by those 70 and above
63.3% are being done by those over 60.
52.6% were done by those in their 60s.
6.9% have been done by The Queen.
18.7% were done by Charles.
7.6% were done by Camilla
45.3% were done by those over retirement age
18.0%% were done by Anne

Days on which official engagements were undertaken to 13th February, 2014

HM The Queen - 9
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh - 2
HRH The Prince of Wales - 19
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall - 10
HRH The Duke of Cambridge - 2
HRH The Earl of Wessex - 9
HRH The Princess Royal - 20
Vice-Admiral Tim Laurence - 8
HRH The Duke of Kent - 6

Types of Engagements

Audience - 2
Ballet - 0
Called Upon - 1
Ceremony - 1
Church Service - 0
Concert - 3
Conference - 6
Council Meeting - 1
Dinner - 24
Football - 0
Forum - 3
Funeral - 2
Investiture - 5
Launched - 1
Luncheon - 11
Meeting - 22
Met People - 2
Opened - 16
Other Events - 7
Other Sports - 12
Performance - 2
Polo - 0
Presented Awards - 7
Races - 0
Received - 58
Received by - 4
Reception - 31
Rugby - 0
Military Parade/Salute - 1
Seminar - 3
Tea - 2
Tennis - 3
Unveiled - 3
Viewed - 1
Visit - 72
Gala - 1

Again a huge thanks to Cepe for making this update possible.

Last edited:
Iluvbertie - what a headache about the release of info! Thanks, as usual for the info. You are a TRF HERO!

iluvbertie - I can continue to send you the CC if it helps

Cepe - it seems that it is the Thursday ones that are coming later than they used to do as last year they were up for my on Saturday mornings but now they aren't up until Tuesday mornings so it comes down to reporting from Thursday to Wednesday or, if you were to send me the Thursday one each week it doesn't come up on the Friday in the UK, which is Saturday for me, I could go back to the Friday to Thursday I have done for the last two years.

I hope this is just some of the teething problems of the changeover of staff rather than a permanent thing though.

Cepe - it seems that it is the Thursday ones that are coming later than they used to do as last year they were up for my on Saturday mornings but now they aren't up until Tuesday mornings so it comes down to reporting from Thursday to Wednesday or, if you were to send me the Thursday one each week it doesn't come up on the Friday in the UK, which is Saturday for me, I could go back to the Friday to Thursday I have done for the last two years.

I hope this is just some of the teething problems of the changeover of staff rather than a permanent thing though.

Just sent 13th - very busy day. Sorry for the delay - we had a power out.

Folks - if you have already read this week's update you might like to have another look at #20 as Cepe has given me the details to update this week to Thursday and I have updated that information for this week.

Weekly update to 13th February, 2014

Days on which official engagements were undertaken to 13th February, 2014

HM The Queen - 9
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh - 2
HRH The Prince of Wales - 19
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall - 910
HRH The Duke of Cambridge - 2
HRH The Earl of Wessex - 9
HRH The Princess Royal - 20
Vice-Admiral Tim Laurence - 8
HRH The Duke of Kent - 6

Typo in Camilla's days.

Thank you - I have fixed it. This was due to the problem yesterday with getting the information for Thursday as Camilla carried out duties on Thursday so went from 9 - 10 days and thus had 9 in the initial post and then I didn't edit properly when I updated for the Thursday figures.

Iluvbertie, I know that you dont usually include arriving at airports as an engagement but this might be an exception. ;)

This is Prince Charles having arrived in Riyhad and being met by 2 Princes

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BgsYhvICIAAjQDo.jpg

Source of pic and info was Clarence House. - that really is the airport.

Last edited:
If the entry in the CC says that he was 'received by' someone then it will count - if it just says 'he arrived at the airport' then it won't as there was nothing official about the arrival. Often with these sorts of trips there is an official meet and greet at the airport so it is counted.

If the entry in the CC says that he was 'received by' someone then it will count - if it just says 'he arrived at the airport' then it won't as there was nothing official about the arrival. Often with these sorts of trips there is an official meet and greet at the airport so it is counted.

I was joking but he sat down, had a drink and a conversation and then left with them as escort. Amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom