Annual Engagements by Members of the Royal Family 2011-2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Weekly update to 19th July.

A fairly typical week - a spread of royals working with most still being done by the oldies - The Queen, Philip leading the way.

HM The Queen - 396 (370 - up 26)
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh - 281 (260 - up 21)
HRH The Prince of Wales - 418 (396 – up 22)
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall - 215 (202 – up 13)
HRH The Duke of Cambridge - 33 (33 - no change)
HRH The Duchess of Cambridge - 55 (54 - up 1)
HRH Prince Henry of Wales - 53 (53 – no change)
HRH The Duke of York - 299 (294 - up 5)
HRH Princess Beatrice of York - 17 (17 - no change)
HRH Princess Eugenie of York - 13 (13 - no change)
HRH The Earl of Wessex - 282 (273 - up 9)
HRH The Countess of Wessex - 248 (242 – up 6)
HRH The Princess Royal - 314 (305 – up 9)
HRH The Duke of Gloucester - 221 (214 – up 7)
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester - 80 (79 – up 1)
HRH The Duke of Kent - 127 (115 – up 12)
HRH The Duchess of Kent - 6 (6 - no change)
HRH Prince Michael of Kent – 17 (17 – no change)
HRH Princess Michael of Kent - 17 (17 – no change)
HRH Princess Alexandra - 69 (67 – up 2)

Order from most downwards - the 'league table' if you like. I refuse to calculate how people are moving up or down that list. I do move people around who have moved up or down but I am not putting in how many places they are moving - although usually it is only one place in either direction.

HRH The Prince of Wales - 418
HM The Queen – 396
HRH The Princess Royal - 314
HRH The Duke of York - 299
HRH The Earl of Wessex - 282
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh – 281
HRH The Countess of Wessex - 248
HRH The Duke of Gloucester - 221
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall - 215
HRH The Duke of Kent - 127
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester - 80
HRH Princess Alexandra - 69
HRH The Duchess of Cambridge - 55
HRH Prince Henry of Wales - 53
HRH The Duke of Cambridge - 33
HRH Princess Beatrice of York – 17
HRH Prince Michael of Kent – 17
HRH Princess Michael of Kent -17
HRH Princess Eugenie of York - 13
HRH The Duchess of Kent - 6

Year to date total - 3161 with 78% of those engagements being carried out by The Queen, her children and their spouses. The remaining 22% have been done by her grandchildren, first cousins and their spouses. This sees a change from last week with the Queen, her children and their spouses increasing their percentage of engagements again in comparison to the grandchildren, cousins and their spouses.

The main line (The Queen, Duke of Edinburgh, Prince of Wales, Duchess of Cornwall, Duke of Cambridge, Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Harry) has risen to 46% mainly due to the work being done by The Queen and Philip.

Weekly update to 26th July.

A fairly typical week - although a lot of events were Olympics related. There were a lot of people also representing The Queen receiving the visiting Heads of State at airports but these aren't included as there was no royal there in person.

HM The Queen - 419 (396 - up 23)
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh - 300 (281 - up 19)
HRH The Prince of Wales - 450 (418 – up 32)
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall - 225 (215 – up 10)
HRH The Duke of Cambridge - 35 (33 - up 2)
HRH The Duchess of Cambridge - 57 (55 - up 2)
HRH Prince Henry of Wales - 55 (53 – up 2)
HRH The Duke of York - 313 (299 - up 14)
HRH Princess Beatrice of York - 17 (17 - no change)
HRH Princess Eugenie of York - 13 (13 - no change)
HRH The Earl of Wessex - 286 (282 - up 4)
HRH The Countess of Wessex - 253 (248 – up 5)
HRH The Princess Royal - 323 (314 – up 9)
HRH The Duke of Gloucester - 225 (221 – up 4)
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester - 82 (80 – up 2)
HRH The Duke of Kent - 136 (127 – up 9)
HRH The Duchess of Kent - 6 (6 - no change)
HRH Prince Michael of Kent – 18 (17 – up 1)
HRH Princess Michael of Kent - 18 (17 – up 1)
HRH Princess Alexandra - 75 (69 – up 6)

Order from most downwards - the 'league table' if you like. I refuse to calculate how people are moving up or down that list. I do move people around who have moved up or down but I am not putting in how many places they are moving - although usually it is only one place in either direction.

HRH The Prince of Wales - 450
HM The Queen – 419
HRH The Princess Royal - 323
HRH The Duke of York - 313
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh – 300
HRH The Earl of Wessex - 286
HRH The Countess of Wessex - 253
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall - 225
HRH The Duke of Gloucester - 225
HRH The Duke of Kent - 136
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester - 82
HRH Princess Alexandra - 75
HRH The Duchess of Cambridge - 57
HRH Prince Henry of Wales - 55
HRH The Duke of Cambridge - 35
HRH Prince Michael of Kent – 18
HRH Princess Michael of Kent -18
HRH Princess Beatrice of York – 17
HRH Princess Eugenie of York - 13
HRH The Duchess of Kent - 6

Year to date total - 3307 with 77.5% of those engagements being carried out by The Queen, her children and their spouses. The remaining 22.5% have been done by her grandchildren, first cousins and their spouses. This sees a change from last week with the Queen, her children and their spouses increasing their percentage of engagements again in comparison to the grandchildren, cousins and their spouses.

The main line (The Queen, Duke of Edinburgh, Prince of Wales, Duchess of Cornwall, Duke of Cambridge, Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Harry) has risen to 46.5% mainly due to the work being done by The Queen and Philip.

21.5% of all engagements are being done by those over 85 - The Queen and Philip.
28.5% done by those 70 and above (The Queen, Philip, The Duke of Kent, Prince Michael of Kent and Princess Alexandra)
68.5% are being done by those over 60 - meaning that 40% of all engagements so far this year have been carried out by Charles, Camilla, Anne, The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester and Princess Micheal (the ones in their 60s).

In the light of Richard Kays' article about reducing the size of the royal family I thought I would throw out those figures for people's interest.

I would also like to reiterate that this is my count only and nothing official or meant to be and that it is possible, if not probable, that someone else doing a count would have different figures - although I think they wouldn't be vastly different but that they might count something like 'visited xxxx and then viewed yyyy' as one engagement while I count it as two - consistently for all royal I hope.

21.5% of all engagements are being done by those over 85 - The Queen and Philip.

28.5% done by those 70 and above (The Queen, Philip, The Duke of Kent, Prince Michael of Kent and Princess Alexandra)

68.5% are being done by those over 60 - meaning that 40% of all engagements so far this year have been carried out by Charles, Camilla, Anne, The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester and Princess Micheal (the ones in their 60s).

In the light of Richard Kays' article about reducing the size of the royal family I thought I would throw out those figures for people's interest.

It does seem that Charles' sons are needed to start handling full-time engagement schedules of a fullness and kind that will be needed to replace the older generation of royals. Their jobs keep coming up as reasons for them being kept from 'plunging in' but surely - since none of these roles have job descriptions - and the generational shift is occurring - it would make sense for them to pitch in with the family work right about now. They are men - entering their 30's. The continued aloofness is a puzzle. How long will they be cut slack before they start to show their commitment to their royal life, I wonder?

It seems to me that the two York princesses are needed - if only for a few years. Seems to make sense on one level. Edward's children are not an issue since they are so much younger. Surely the needs of the moment far outweigh all these protocols - or is it really about money and how many royals are 'on the payroll'?

Last edited:
Isn"t William being required to make a decision about his military career soon. His current tour is supposed to end in 2013. In a fairly recent interview he said something to the effect that the pressure to balance his military and royal work was increasing. Having Prince Philip get sick is sure to have an impact on his decision.

:previous:

It seems like it won't be soon enough. The year 2013 may be a banner year for the couple - a new home in London, new work, maybe a baby - a lot of changes.

Whenever William and Kate do start being royals only and not a part-time royal and a part-time RAF helicopter isn't known but they do need to step up to the plate sooner rather than later and take on 100s of duties a year to take over from the aging older royals - those in their 70s and above and even those in their 60s other than Charles and Camilla who can't retire or cut back but will have to increase their load over then next 20 years.

Harry will also have to realise sooner rather than later that he can't have a full-time military career of 20+ years like his Uncle Andrew did simply because his father and brother don't want the York girls to do some of the work of the aging royal cousins and siblings of the present and future king (3 - 4 royals to replace the current crop of 12 outside of the main line means they simply have to start doing the work of being royal rather than playing at being soldiers).

Last edited:
Whenever William and Kate do start being royals only and not a part-time royal and a part-time RAF helicopter isn't known but they do need to step up to the plate sooner rather than later

Is William working part-time in the RAF? I keep hearing that he is 'very busy' doing full-time work (though I know the schedule - as described - should give pretty significant swathes of time off). Certainly kate has lots of free time - as when William is working.

I am aware of an argument that runs that William is not the direct heir (yet) so of course he will not work - yet that seems like more an excuse than a legitimate reason. William and Harry are grown men and - like Charles at their age (even younger) - it would make sense that they would be taking hold of their destined life. Instead we hear the rumor floated in a newspaper that Harry wants to work and live in the US. What is all that about? The two men seem totally disengaged from royal duties - does this bode well?

Just wondering - is it possible that William and Harry could - or would - refuse to serve in their royal roles? Are their positions dependent on doing royal work? I'm wondering if refusing to do royal work is an equivalent to stepping aside in the line of succession. Or could someone like William totally ignore all royal duties - go his own way for decades - and then when his father dies, still ascend the throne?

Harry will also have to realise sooner rather than later that he can't have a full-time military career of 20+ years like his Uncle Andrew did simply because his father and brother don't want the York girls to do some of the work of the aging royal cousins and siblings of the present and future king (3 - 4 royals to replace the current crop of 12 outside of the main line means they simply have to start doing the work of being royal rather than playing at being soldiers).

So the DailyMail article is spurious. Andrew does not want his daughters to work in the royal business. (I would assume so since Andrew is part of the family committee that is making these decisions). How has this gotten all scrambled the other way? Andrew does not have the best luck with his PR if he is seen as 'lazy' and yet has been one of the hardest working royals along with Anne.

Last edited:
William might offiicially be described as full-time but given how often he isn't there he isn't working as a full-time pilot. He has hardly been there for the last two months and has more time off coming with the Olympics and then his trip to Asia - so for the best part of 4 months straight he will hardly have had a chance to have to do any work with the Jubilee and other activities and no doubt when he returns from Asia he and Kate will have to take a holiday.

If either William or Harry won't to turn their backs on their destiny they will have to ask Parliament to pass legislation to strip them of their positions. They can't simply resign - it will take an Act of Parliament involving the full three readings of the legislation with questions and debates about the issue through both houses of Parliament in the UK and even through the various other parliaments of which The Queen is now The Queen. That situation has changed since 1936 with the various realms having a greater say in these matters through needing to have to pass their own legislation.

William might offiicially be described as full-time but given how often he isn't there he isn't working as a full-time pilot. He has hardly been there for the last two months and has more time off coming with the Olympics and then his trip to Asia - so for the best part of 4 months straight he will hardly have had a chance to have to do any work with the Jubilee and other activities and no doubt when he returns from Asia he and Kate will have to take a holiday.

If he's hardly been there - where has he been? What has he been doing? Kate has been doing some engagements but William's count is barely inching up. What is he up to? The reason given for his low level involvement with royal duties is that he has 'a busy schedule' - where is that busyness happening?

Last edited:

William works as a fulltime Search and Rescue pilot. He works around 10 shifts a month, the shifts are 24 hour shifts, this information was given out by the RAF when he started. This is the norm for a Search and Rescue crew. In recent months he was working towards qualifying as a captain and did a week's course in Gloucestershire, so was there rather than in Wales. He gets 6 weeks annual leave as do all military personnel in the UK, plus extra leave before and after an overseas deployment. ( 3 weeks before and 3 weeks after if it's to a warzone, seems to be less if it's not William had a week off, before and after going to the Falklands. Harry had the 3 before and 3 after when he went to Afghanistan)
Up until now, William has used annual leave for his overseas tours (he hasn't done holidays attached to them for his visits to Australia or Canada/California) The trip to Australia and New Zealand last year he did between shifts, confirmed by the RAF, he didn't ask for any time off.

A reality check too as what the royal workforce was like in the past. Go back to the mid 1960s, at that time the only fulltime royals were The Queen Mother, Prince Philip, Princess Alice, Duchess of Gloucester and Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent. The Queen was on a reduced workload as she had young children and took more time off with them than she had with her older 2. Prince Henry, Duke of Gloucester had suffered a major stroke in the 1960s and was confined to a wheelchair and had lost his ability to speak so did no royal duties. Princess Margaret also had small children and so had a light load (in reality she never had a heavy fulltime workload) Lord Snowdon, was never a fulltime royal, he worked on his own independent projects. The Duke of Kent was a fulltime army officer and in the 1960s was posted overseas, first to Hong Kong and then to Germany. His brother also was in the army. Their sister Alexandra had been a fulltime royal, but she too had young children and did reduced duties. The Gloucester sons did no royal duties, Richard (the current Duke) was never expected to carry out royal duties and qualified and worked as an architect, William the heir to the title was overseas, first doing post graduate study at Stanford and then working for the Foreign Office in Ghana and Japan.
Princess Alice, Countess of Athlone (then in her 80s) still carried out some duties.
Princess Mary, Princess Royal died in 1965. She had done duties whilst still alive.

The Queen's own children were too young at the time to perform royal duties. So the fulltime royals were a total of 4 people, all bar Prince Philip in their 60s. Then you had the Queen and 3 part-timers (one in her 80s) we can be generous and make that 4 part-timers if we add Lord Snowdon. A workforce total of 9 royals, compared to the 16 full and part-timers we have now. In the 1950s the royal workforce also was under 10 members so in the future with natural attrition the royal workforce will naturally contract to previous levels.

Regarding William's work, this quote from Penny Junors book has been posted on another thread (by EIIR)

QUOTE:
At Valley he works on a shift system. He is part of a team of four, doing eight twenty-four-hour watches a month, and when on duty they live on base next to their helicopters. During the daytime they can be in the air in fifteen minutes, at night-time it's forty-five minutes, and when the scramble bell goes they have no idea what lies ahead of them or where they are headed. It could be anywhere in the UK or beyond, it could be miles out into the Atlantic, it could be to rescue a stricken tanker or a capsized yacht, a walker who is lost and has fallen and broken a limb in the mountains, a heart-attack victim, a fire on an oil rig, or a community that has been cut off by floods and needs evacuating. As William has said, it's the 'fourth emergency service'.

'It doesn't sound very many shifts,' says one of the team, 'but it's very stressful because it's foul weather and you have to work out in double quick time how you're going to get there, how you're going to make your fuel last, how long you can stay over the target area, how many people you can carry, how many you have to rescue, what you strip out etc. They tend to group them in three watches, so three lots of three, or two of three, and that will be twenty-four hours on, twenty-four hours off, so it lasts for a short week, then a gap for three or four days to have a rest, concentrate on your other work, do your helicopter training - training flights continue where you practise with the mountain rescue teams - and then you go back on watch for three days.'

END QUOTE

Regarding the duties carried out by the wider royal family. The Glos. and Kents do so at the request of the Queen and get paid to do it. I believe that for some it is their main source of income. Sorry to bring harsh realities into it but I think that some will need to carry on for as long as possible.

I always thought that Harry's career would be like that of the Duke of Kent, full-time soldier, part time royal.

The Queen's children are good for another 20 years at least. But the purpose/roles of the royals will have to change as the numbers reduce. And we will all have to get used to it.

On the matter of William's RAF commitments I had a discussion with a serving RAF officer today who said that no way would William be working "full time" in the way his "non royal" colleagues would and that there was no way that he wasn;t given additional leave to allow him to undertake his Royal duties and holidays etc. I'm not saying its right or wrong just saying what I was told by someone who has worked alongside RAF Search & Resue pilots in the past.

I'm not saying its right or wrong just saying what I was told by someone who has worked alongside RAF Search & Resue pilots in the past.

Just to clarify. Your friend is not currently stationed at RAF Valley and is not currently working alongside William and his SAR team correct?
In other words, he has no current knowledge of Williams schedule or that of his team, so he has no real knowledge to say if William receives more or the same leave time as members of RAF Valley SAR. Is that correct?

My friend works with SAR pilots at present but is not at RAF Valley at the moment, whether he has wokred with William in the past I would presume to ask as I know he would never say. But doing a bit of amths he worked out pretty quick that not all of William's commitments would fit into usual leave.

My understanding is that he works the same shift pattern as everyone else except last year when the Head of the Armed Forces (aka HMQ) asked him to tour Canada. So he took an additional 10 days.

The same will apply this year when he tours the Far East.

It is these requests that are part of the pressure on William to decide whether he stays in the SAR or comes out.

I'm only saying what I was told by somebody who I feel is more qualified than any of us on here to know. Im not saying what my friend said is definetly true but I believe him, he would know and he has no reason to lie.

Does you friend expect William to work 24 hours shift like a 9-5 jobs? That ridiculous not to mention dangerous.

I'm only saying what I was told by somebody who I feel is more qualified than any of us on here to know. Im not saying what my friend said is definetly true but I believe him, he would know and he has no reason to lie.

Well I would think that the announcement from the RAF about William himself, by people who have worked with him, who have met him and understand his situation is more than we need to understand his schedule.

Sorry for posting my thoughts, I was obviusly mistaken that this was a discussions forum. It really annoys me that people on this board have an all of nothing approach - either you love the Royals and everything they say and do or your the devil.

Does you friend expect William to work 24 hours shift like a 9-5 jobs? That ridiculous not to mention dangerous.

When did i say that my friend had said that?!?!?! My friend was taking about the amount of time off as in leave Willaim has. :bang:

:previous:

Sorry for posting my thoughts, I was obviusly mistaken that this was a discussions forum. It really annoys me that people on this board have an all of nothing approach - either you love the Royals and everything they say and do or your the devil.

It's a bit like Junior High when it comes to that - sometimes. Stay in there - most of us see it and are with you.

When did i say that my friend had said that?!?!?! My friend was taking about the amount of time off as in leave Willaim has. :bang:

I'm with you, tommy100. You make excellent points and you have solid info. Thank you for sharing. Personal contacts like you have are invaluable to getting a realistic picture.

Last edited:

Keep posting, Tommy100. There are two sides to every story (at least) and we need to hear all perspectives.

I don't think it takes much to realize that exceptions are made for William in his workload, given his royal duties. Just how much is another matter.

Tommy100, I agree with the posters above-most people welcome respectful discussion.

My friend works with SAR pilots at present but is not at RAF Valley at the moment, whether he has wokred with William in the past I would presume to ask as I know he would never say. But doing a bit of amths he worked out pretty quick that not all of William's commitments would fit into usual leave.

Since SAR at RAF Valley only do 8 24hr shifts per month, that leaves quite a lot of time off. My dad is in the same boat, although he works 12hr shifts. With the way the shift pattern works, he can have 2 clear weeks off and it'll only cost him about 4 shifts of his leave. To all our friends, it seems like my dad has an inordinate amount of time off, but he doesn't. When your shifts are that long you hit the working time limits in just 2-3 days.

Since SAR at RAF Valley only do 8 24hr shifts per month, that leaves quite a lot of time off. My dad is in the same boat, although he works 12hr shifts. With the way the shift pattern works, he can have 2 clear weeks off and it'll only cost him about 4 shifts of his leave. To all our friends, it seems like my dad has an inordinate amount of time off, but he doesn't. When your shifts are that long you hit the working time limits in just 2-3 days.

Well now we have some real information!

If a person works a 24 hours shift, how much time is he/she required to take off in between? I am thinking of pilots and machinery operators, etc. For a certain amount of hours worked, for safety they get a certain amount of hours off in between shifts.

Princess Peach, I believe the pilots work a 24hr shift and then have 24hrs off. The European Working Time Directive dictates that the maximum number of hours to be worked per week is 48, although I will caution that by saying that in the UK workers can opt out of that directive. Saying that, though, I can't imagine that SAR would let their pilots be on duty for more than 48 hours per week, for health and safety reasons.

Ultimately, if you're only doing 8 shifts per month, and almost every month has at least 30 days, it leaves a lot of days when you're not working. As nice as that sounds, I have no doubt that 24hr shifts in the SAR are not a walk in the park. I'm sure there are compromises to enable William to fulfill his duties in his 'other job' i.e. representing the Queen. He himself has said that fitting the 2 roles together is getting more and more difficult:

"It’s a really difficult one because I really enjoy my time in the Air Force. And I’d love to continue it," he said. "But the pressures of my other life are building. And fighting them off or balancing the two of them has proven quite difficult," he said.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/prince-william/9299196/Prince-William-Im-struggling-to-balance-military-career-with-royal-duty.html

Weekly update to 2nd August.

A fairly quiet week in terms of number of engagements because the CC is listing 'visit the Olympic Games' not showing them moving between events.

Interesting to note that almost all of the family were at the Opening Ceremony officially - only Beatrice, Eugenie and Alexandra weren't there officially - Beatrice and Eugenie haven't attended any of the games officially so even though we have seen them there they don't get a credit as it wasn't listed in the CC for them but it was for the others.

HM The Queen - 427 (419 - up 8)
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh - 310 (300 - up 10)
HRH The Prince of Wales - 467 (450 – up 17)
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall - 231 (225 – up 6)
HRH The Duke of Cambridge - 42 (35 - up 7)
HRH The Duchess of Cambridge - 63 (57 - up 6)
HRH Prince Henry of Wales - 63 (55 – up 8)
HRH The Duke of York - 324 (313 - up 9)
HRH Princess Beatrice of York - 18 (17 - up 1)
HRH Princess Eugenie of York - 14 (13 - up 1)
HRH The Earl of Wessex - 289 (286 - up 3)
HRH The Countess of Wessex - 256 (253 – up 3)
HRH The Princess Royal - 340 (323 – up 17)
HRH The Duke of Gloucester - 232 (225 – up 7)
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester - 88 (82 – up 6)
HRH The Duke of Kent - 140 (136 – up 4)
HRH The Duchess of Kent - 8 (6 - up 2)
HRH Prince Michael of Kent – 20 (18 – up 2)
HRH Princess Michael of Kent - 20 (18 – up 2)
HRH Princess Alexandra - 75 (75 – no change)

HRH The Prince of Wales - 467
HM The Queen – 427
HRH The Princess Royal - 340
HRH The Duke of York - 324
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh – 310
HRH The Earl of Wessex - 289
HRH The Countess of Wessex - 256
HRH The Duke of Gloucester - 232
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall - 231
HRH The Duke of Kent - 140
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester - 88
HRH The Duchess of Cambridge - 63
HRH Prince Henry of Wales - 63
HRH The Duke of Cambridge - 42
HRH Prince Michael of Kent – 20
HRH Princess Michael of Kent -20
HRH Princess Beatrice of York – 18
HRH Princess Eugenie of York - 14
HRH The Duchess of Kent - 8

Year to date total - 3428 with 77% of those engagements being carried out by The Queen, her children and their spouses. The remaining 23% have been done by her grandchildren, first cousins and their spouses. This sees a change from last week with the Queen, her children and their spouses decreasing their percentage of engagements again in comparison to the grandchildren, cousins and their spouses.

The main line (The Queen, Duke of Edinburgh, Prince of Wales, Duchess of Cornwall, Duke of Cambridge, Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Harry) has risen to 46.5% mainly due to the visits to the Olympics every day by the Cambridges and Harry.

22.5% of all engagements are being done by those over 85 - The Queen and Philip.
29.5% done by those 70 and above (The Queen, Philip, The Duke of Kent, Prince Michael of Kent and Princess Alexandra)
62.5% are being done by those over 60 - meaning that 40% of all engagements so far this year have been carried out by Charles, Camilla, Anne, The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester and Princess Micheal (the ones in their 60s).

I hope people find these figures useful. I assume so as I have seen them quoted on other fora interestingly enough.

Last edited:
Thanks again for the figures, Iluvbertie. Interesting that the CC is just stating attendance at the Olympics as a single engagement essentially. I suppose that's fair enough considering that they all seem to be having a ball, although I'm sure they're pretty exhausted at the end of each day.

Weekly update to 2nd August.

A fairly quiet week in terms of number of engagements because the CC is listing 'visit the Olympic Games' not showing them moving between events.

Interesting to note that almost all of the family were at the Opening Ceremony officially - only Beatrice, Eugenie and Alexandra weren't there officially - Beatrice and Eugenie haven't attended any of the games officially so even though we have seen them there they don't get a credit as it wasn't listed in the CC for them but it was for the others.

HM The Queen - 427 (419 - up 8)
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh - 310 (300 - up 10)
HRH The Prince of Wales - 467 (450 – up 17)
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall - 231 (225 – up 6)
HRH The Duke of Cambridge - 42 (35 - up 7)
HRH The Duchess of Cambridge - 63 (57 - up 6)
HRH Prince Henry of Wales - 63 (55 – up 8)
HRH The Duke of York - 324 (313 - up 9)
HRH Princess Beatrice of York - 18 (17 - up 1)
HRH Princess Eugenie of York - 14 (13 - up 1)
HRH The Earl of Wessex - 289 (286 - up 3)
HRH The Countess of Wessex - 256 (253 – up 3)
HRH The Princess Royal - 340 (323 – up 17)
HRH The Duke of Gloucester - 232 (225 – up 7)
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester - 88 (82 – up 6)
HRH The Duke of Kent - 140 (136 – up 4)
HRH The Duchess of Kent - 8 (6 - up 2)
HRH Prince Michael of Kent – 20 (18 – up 2)
HRH Princess Michael of Kent - 20 (18 – up 2)
HRH Princess Alexandra - 75 (75 – no change)

HRH The Prince of Wales - 467
HM The Queen – 427
HRH The Princess Royal - 340
HRH The Duke of York - 324
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh – 310
HRH The Earl of Wessex - 289
HRH The Countess of Wessex - 256
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall - 231
HRH The Duke of Gloucester - 232
HRH The Duke of Kent - 140
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester - 88
HRH The Duchess of Cambridge - 63
HRH Prince Henry of Wales - 63
HRH The Duke of Cambridge - 42
HRH Prince Michael of Kent – 20
HRH Princess Michael of Kent -20
HRH Princess Beatrice of York – 18
HRH Princess Eugenie of York - 14
HRH The Duchess of Kent - 8

Year to date total - 3428 with 77% of those engagements being carried out by The Queen, her children and their spouses. The remaining 23% have been done by her grandchildren, first cousins and their spouses. This sees a change from last week with the Queen, her children and their spouses decreasing their percentage of engagements again in comparison to the grandchildren, cousins and their spouses.

The main line (The Queen, Duke of Edinburgh, Prince of Wales, Duchess of Cornwall, Duke of Cambridge, Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Harry) has risen to 46.5% mainly due to the visits to the Olympics every day by the Cambridges and Harry.

22.5% of all engagements are being done by those over 85 - The Queen and Philip.
29.5% done by those 70 and above (The Queen, Philip, The Duke of Kent, Prince Michael of Kent and Princess Alexandra)
62.5% are being done by those over 60 - meaning that 40% of all engagements so far this year have been carried out by Charles, Camilla, Anne, The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester and Princess Micheal (the ones in their 60s).

I hope people find these figures useful. I assume so as I have seen them quoted on other fora interestingly enough.

I find it odd that so many of the family attended the Opening Ceremony "Officially". I saw Andrew, Beatrice and Eugenie sitting next to the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester and Kent, but did not see Edward, Sophie, the Michael's of Alexandra. They obviously attended though, just odd we did not see them sitting with everyone else.

Alexandra didn't attend the Opening Ceremony according to the CC - she has attended none of the Games at all - not the reception beforehand which Beatrice and Eugenie attended or the Opening or any subsequent event.

Beatrice and Eugenie, as we have seen have attended the games almost daily but not officially.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom