60th Anniversary of the Queen's Coronation: June 4, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A short video about the exhibition.
BBC

I was gaga over the Peer and Peeress dress and coronets. WOW! I can only imagine how many people, how much work and how much materials of many kinds went into the coronation.

In the list of foreign royal guests at the coronation of Queen Elizabeth II, I do not see the names of Queen Louise of Sweden and her husband, King Gustaf VI Adolf. Was Prince Philip's Aunt Louise excluded?

Wyevale, Thank you! I looked at the list of foreign royals at the coronation. I saw Prince Bertil, Duke of Halland. He obviously represented his father, Gustaf VI Adolf of Sweden.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
By tradition, reigning monarchs, and their spouses don't attend Coronations {it would wreak havoc on the precedence front !} Usually they send their heirs. I imagine this is the reason for the absence of the King and Queen of Sweden

Last edited:
The Coronation of Queen Elizabeth II became the first major international event to be broadcast on television.

The Coronation Maid of Honour still has dress from 1953 Coronation.

That's Lady Anne Glenconner! I'm not surprised she mentions the Spice Girls. I would be very surprised if Lady Pamela Hicks doesn't have her dress, considering she still has her bridesmaid one.

Back
Top Bottom