60th Anniversary of the Queen's Coronation: June 4, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Typical DM moment. This report says the Queen is going to be wearing the St Edward Crown! dare say they'll get round to changing that.

Just tweeted Rebbeca English the mistake! :ROFLMAO:

Britain at its best eh Welby? Aren't you missing a part of the country there?

Last edited:
I hope a British poster or someone might be able to answer two questions:

why did the congregation remain seated when members of the Royal Family arrived and why were there so few curtseys to The Queen as she processed to her seat?

I hope a British poster or someone might be able to answer two questions:

why did the congregation remain seated when members of the Royal Family arrived and why were there so few curtseys to The Queen as she processed to her seat?

David Dimbleby explained that members of the royal family other then The Queen and the DOE weren't there in an official capacity they were simply members of the congregation so the other members of the church did not rise to greet them.

It is a personal thing whether you curtsey to The Queen or not, it is not mandatory. A lot of people bowing and curtseying so tightly packed together may not be the best idea.

Typical DM moment. This report says the Queen is going to be wearing the St Edward Crown! dare say they'll get round to changing that.

We have a correction Cepe!

"The Queen will once again be close to the St Edward’s Crown at Westminster Abbey – for the first time since her coronation 60 years ago."

Still not true, in 60 years I imagine she's seen it previous times.

She opened at least one of the remodeled display areas at the Tower, so she's definitely seen it once.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's amazing that The Queen, Prince of Wales, Duke of Cambridge and the future King or Queen (baby Cambridge) were all at the Abbey for the Coronation Anniversary service.

We have a correction Cepe!

"The Queen will once again be close to the St Edward’s Crown at Westminster Abbey – for the first time since her coronation 60 years ago."

Still not true, in 60 years I imagine she's seen it previous times.

Got another DM classic! Apparently David Cameron gave a speech. Interesting way to describe a reading from the Bible.

I did like the poem especially the way it incorporated the Queen's own words towards the end.

Beautiful service, shame that they didnt take James. I think he would be old enough for this special service.

Did it look like Prince Andrew was tearing up? Here in this video at 1:11:

Sky News - Latest News From The US And Around The World

Very Nice Video of William & Catherine Outside the Abbey:
Also Catherine talking to Zara-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2335599/Kates-peach-Duchess-Cambridge-elegant-nude-tones-leads-glamorous-female-Royals-Queens-Coronation-service.html

The video of Kare is lovely. I love to see the BRF interacting. It was lovely the way Timothy Lawrence patted her back and to see her chatting to Lady Louise.

I think many of us are waiting for the day Wessexes to take James along to these events.

Did anyone make out the three rows of family seating order in the church? The angle made it hard to discern those closest to the camera. I lost it this side of Harry and on back:
http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/16...Pf9jPPUJcBEU43/XcfcxhdgEWM9TcXPa9q/5YHzv1kw==

There were 4 rows of seating: From the Front

HMQ, DoE, PoW, DoCornwall, Dk of Camb, Dss ofCam, Harry

DoY, Beatrice, Eugenie, Edward, Louise, Sophie,

Anne, Tim Laurence, Peter Philips, Autumn, Zara, Mike Tindell,

Duke and Duchess of Glos; D and D Kent, P andPss M of Kent

In fact, its the order of precedence (or order of succession at least)

Last edited:
No Linley's or Chatto's today ?

Video:
CORONATION ANNIVERSARY: QUEEN ARRIVAL AT PRIVATE LUNCH GVS:
The Royals have arrived for a private lunch to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the Queen's coronation. Shows: arrival Duke and Duchess of Wessex, Prince Charles and Camilla, Queen arrival with Duke of Edinburgh-
Home - ITNSource News

Beautiful Picture of TRH The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge Leaving the Abbey:
http://worldofwindsor.tumblr.com/image/52142631434

Last edited:
I didn't get to watch this, because I was at work, but the images are quite lovely. I love the clips of the family interacting with each other and as always, happy to see Lady Louise in attendance.

Just managed to watch the end of the ceremony now as I left before it finished. Lovely to see videos of the Royals outside and so cute to see Catherine, and even Beatrice and Eugenie, talking to Louise. She must feel very grown up with all these older cousins!

Of course they managed to make an article on the DM out of Sophie's dress blowing up. Surprise, surprise. I was right in guessing it was by Bruce Oldfield though!

Wait, Maxima and Willem were there? Aren't they in Germany?

Did Beatrice and Eugenie not go to the lunch afterwards? They travelled back with Lady Louise. I couldn't work out why Edward and Sophie left Louise behind but then I saw images of her with her older cousins.

I thought they all looked great today. It's wonderful that Prince Philip was feeling well enough to join the Queen today.

Perhaps I missed it while reading through the forum, but does anyone have a link to at least one good picture of the Princess Royal and what she was wearing. There is one in the Daily Mail article of her sitting two rows behind the queen, but I couldn't see her very well.

One doesn't read the DM for factual reporting. Pictures yes, gossip maybe but definitely not for factual info.

Of course not, but how could they get it so wrong? Purely out of thin air...I wonder if they deliberately make errors in order to see if anyone is copying their material?

Perhaps I missed it while reading through the forum, but does anyone have a link to at least one good picture of the Princess Royal and what she was wearing. There is one in the Daily Mail article of her sitting two rows behind the queen, but I couldn't see her very well.

There's a very nice picture of Princess Anne in this article:

Read more: Duchess of Cornwall is radiant in eau de nil silk as she arrives for the coronation celebrations at Westminster Abbey | Mail Online

On the fashion front, the ladies looked really good overall. But otherwise?

Generally, William, Harry, and Andrew looked glum, so did Anne;even Beatrix (normally a smile a second); the Queen most of the time and I'd say 50:50 for the others. What was up? Just my opinion but it didn't seem like a happy event.

Back
Top Bottom