60th Anniversary of the End of World War II Celebrations: July 10, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elspeth said:
What on earth is that thing on Camilla's head? She looks as though she's wearing a flattened bearskin helmet.
Haha. That is the funniest thing I've heard all day, but it's an appropriate description. Thank you everyone for the photos. I'm not liking the Queen's outfit. That green doesn't suit her at all.

harry looks good in the uniform! but why camill wear that black hat? too solemn

MIRROR NEWSPAPER

500,000 DEFY TERRORISTS TO MARK END OF WWII
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=15721654%26method=full%26siteid=94762%26headline=500%2d000%2ddefy%2dterrorists%2dto%2dmark%2dend%2dof%2dwwii-name_page.html

MIRROR COVERS of WWII 60th anniversary

0003DB96-0EB5-12D2-A4FA0C01AC1BF814.jpg

Camilla's looks is impeccable. The hat is something only a very self confident woman could wear and look good. She is demonstrating that a middleage woman with a middle age appearance and body can look fabulous. I bet the brittish women will very quickly warm up to her. I am certainly going to take some clues from her styling.

The hat is something only a very self confident woman could wear and look good.

Well, that's certainly true. Somehow I don't think it's a fashion trend that's going to catch on, though.

The events surrounding this anniversary were amazing. I thought everything was done perfectly. I must say that I didnt mind Camilla's hat. I dont think its about trends but simply the fact that it is her personal style. I love that she is taking risks and not playing it safe with her hats. I thought Harry looked great in his uniform, and it was great to see all the royal men in uniform. What a spectacular day it turned out to be.

Does anyone have better pictures of Sophie on the balcony? From the little picture, I'm torn between deciding her dress is too casual and liking the light, young, Summer-y feel to it.

I really liked her Westminster outfit.

Elspeth said:
What on earth is that thing on Camilla's head? She looks as though she's wearing a flattened bearskin helmet.

that's what i think when i see that "HAT"

hahahahha:eek: :D

I very much like Prince Philip's uniform of Admiral of the Fleet

So do I. :)

I wonder why he didn't have his sword at the church service. :confused:

Re:

The Duke of Edinburgh must have enjoyed himself. When two artistes sang Flanagan and Allen's, "Underneath the Arches" HRH was seen singing along. It wasn't his usual closed mouth singing where you can't quite catch what he's singing, this was done with gusto!

Does anyone have a video/DVD copy of the Horse Guards Parade/ Balcony appearance as I saw the service in Westminster Abbey but didn't realise there was more to come so I missed everything else? I would be willing to pay for any inconvenience/expense incurred to receive a copy of these events.

Really James,was there any videos of The World War II 60th Anniversary?I really want to see those,do you have those?

The Royal Navy is to sell a DVD of Trafalgar 200. I'm going to buy it.

I would like a DVD about WW2 celebrations. :)

That's the dress that Sophie wore to her mother's memorial service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom