Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Visit to Malaysia - September 13-15, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now I'm wondering if there will be any Live coverage of Catherine's speech and state dinner?

Is there a program out on the Malaysian visit yet with timings and events? Could someone please post it.

Duchess Of Cambridge Makes First Overseas Speech
news.sky.com

Last edited:
Wow, so many security around them...:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
georgina brewer@Georginaitv
Kate's speech minutes away...

British Royals@britishroyals
Kate has delivered her speech. We wait for the video RT @Georginaitv: She sounds more confident... Cool calm delivery. Better than last time

Richard Palmer@RoyalReporter
Kate, after touring a children's hospice in KL, says: This is a very special place and so much is already being achieved. "

Transcript from Kate's speech
Duchess of Cambridge speech at Hospis Malaysia

video of Kate's speech
Duchess of Cambridge praises hospice work in Malaysia | ITV News

georgina brewer ‏@Georginaitv Kate invited to the stage. William and I are hugely excited to be here. It's their first visit to Malaysia

georgina brewer ‏@Georginaitv She sounds more confident. Talking about links with her charity in uk East Anglia Children's Hospice and here at Hospis Malaysia

georgina brewer ‏@Georginaitv Thanks the initiative for a very special welcome. Cool calm delivery. Better than last time

It won't be shown live sorry guys
georgina brewer ‏@Georginaitv
@HotMonarchy not on live

And I'm done. I'll seepics/updates from dinner with the King in the morning when I get up for class.

Last edited:
It's rather a statement of sorts than a full speech...
While she "articulates well the words", the stilted pronunciation is rather clipped and her voice without much feeling; with all the best coaches at her disposal, she should actually be able to do better.
The hairstyle is obviously a handicap here.

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal #Royal #Kate: "It has been wonderful meeting the patients, families & all staff here - you have given us the most wonderful welcome."

SOmeone posted on twitter that William & Kate are dining with 400 guests tonight.

Last edited:
No tiara tonight, long cream Alexander McQueen dress.

Can someone open the correct thread please?!

I can't tell you how proud I am of Catherine. I think she delivered her speech with such professionalism and grace. This speech was much better than her first and I know William must be very proud of his wife.

Lumutqueen said:
No tiara tonight, long cream Alexander McQueen dress.

Can someone open the correct thread please?!

But apparently bracelet and earrings from her 'private collection'...I.e. Wedding gift? Promising. Anxious for pictures!

No tiara, so sad;_;
when are we actually seeing her with a Tiara? when she becomes Queen? i had hopes for the Dinner, guess ill have no choice but to wait a bit longer to see it...

kathia Sophia, I guess we will have to wait until William & Catherine attend a State Banquet with the rest of the royal family or perhaps a foreign royal wedding.

I think the Duke & Duchess look wonderful tonight.

liv said:
no pics yet?

From the fashion thread,

Boris said:
Oh dear - that's funny and unfortunately quite fitting.
The dress looks like a costume for a Disney movie, not really enhanced by a neckline which is rather too deep to be appropriate for Malaysia.

Another, closer pic:
http://s10.postimage.org/65rnxj4m1/tujsr.jpg

Lumutqueen said:
Tonight's gown,
https://twitter.com/re_dailymail/status/246247726948429824

Better pictures will come but to me she looks like a fairy on top of a tree.

I may be in a minority but I actually really like the gown HRH is wearing. It's definitely inspired by the place she's visiting which makes sense and is a nice gesture IMO.

I may be in a minority but I actually really like the gown HRH is wearing. It's definitely inspired by the place she's visiting which makes sense and is a nice gesture IMO.

I agree with you. When I first saw the dress I didn't like it at all but the more I think about it, the more I believe that it does actually fit in with the dresses that the other ladies are wearing and is a 'mention' to the environment that she is in.

TortillaChips said:
I agree with you. When I first saw the dress I didn't like it at all but the more I think about it, the more I believe that it does actually fit in with the dresses that the other ladies are wearing and is a 'mention' to the environment that she is in.

I thought the dress was stunning, personally.

i am really not a fan of the dress. it looks just like what you'd put on a barbie. i wonder what sarah burton was thinking, and what kate was thinking when she chose to wear it. she has so many other lovely dresses.

i may be the only one but i am not impressed with what she wore on this tour, appart from a few okay dresses here and there.

the gifts were great though! hopefully we will see kate in her new shoes and dress soon: maybe even on this tour?

she also looks quite tanned. you can clearly see her bikini mark on the pictures of the gala dinner! seems like they had some quality sunbathing time in france... :)

Last edited:
I thought the dress was stunning, personally.

I'm not quite at 'stunning' yet (as I 90% of the time am) but each time I look at the dress, I like/love it a bit more - so by the end of the night, I might well be at stunning :flowers:

IMO I believe the dress fits in with the other ladies who is wearing. The style and fabric is kind of asian which blends in with the place she's visiting. She tries to be diplomatic.

Back
Top Bottom