Royalty of Malaysia 2: November 2006 - April 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Installation Ceremony of the 11th Yang DiPertuan Besar of Negeri Sembilan, Tuanku Muhriz Ibni Almarhum Tuanku Munawir, will take place on 26 October 2009. Pomp and pageantry are expected from this ceremony.

This is not a latest news, but just to inform that the Tunku Ampuan Besar of Negeri Sembilan, Tuanku Aishah Rohani, was conferred with family order by her husband the new Yang DiPertuan Besar of Negeri Sembilan, Tuanku Muhriz Ibni Almarhum Tuanku Munawir. This is one of the steps towards the Installation Ceremony which will be held on 26 October later this year.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a386/Haminah/11.jpg

News also mentioned that, the Sultan of Perak, Sultan Azlan Shah, also has conferred a family order to the new Yang DiPertuan Besar of Negeri Sembilan.

Sultan Ismail Petra of Kelantan has been admitted to Kubang Kerian University Hospital since 14 May 2009 but his condition was reported to be stable.

BERNAMA - Kelantan Sultan Admitted To USM Hospital

Almarhum Raja Baharom Ibni Almarhum Sultan Yussuf Izzuddin, brother of the Sultan of Perak was laid to rest
State News
Picture:
Utusan Malaysia Online - Dalam Negeri

Last night, Yang Di-Pertuan Agong Tuanku Mizan Zainal Abidin and Raja Permaisuri Agong Tuanku Nur Zahirah hosted a State Banquet at Istana Negara in honour of Sheikh Hammad Khalifa Al-Thani and Sheikha Mozah Nasser el-Misnad who are currently on a State Visit to Malaysia.

Tuanku Mizan Wants Private Sector To Enhance Trade With Qatar :: Bernama.com

Last edited by a moderator:
This is quite shocking if true.
Is the Prince a well-known, popular figure in Malaysia? How old is he?
The article mentions that they got married last year, was it a very publicized wedding?

quote from the article:

Indonesian foreign ministry spokesperson Teuku Faizasyah said the case had not yet been officially reported. "It's a case of private issues," Faizasyah told ABC News, adding the ministry could not act unless Pinot approached them. "In principle, we are there to assist. The ball is in her court."

It appears that although she has made public accusations via a TV interview, she has yet to contact the authorities to report her claims of abuse.

Link to pix of Tuanku Zara. I absolutely admire her grace and beauty. I envy her swan-like neck=p
enjoy!
Flickr: Search

A friend or mine and I were discussing about royalties. Somehow we got to talk about Tuanku Zara. Nonchalantly, she told me that she has met her during some function while Zara was pregnant. My jaw just dropped! She said Zara was incredibly beautiful and skinny, she said she cant even tell that Zara was pregnant until someone pointed it out to her. But she also said that the protocol was strict and since Zara could not tolerate drinking anything other than water, everybody had to drink water. Oh well, price of being royalty...Adore her still though

31 Aug 2009: 52nd Anniversary of Malaysian Independence

Yesterday Seri Paduka Baginda Yang DiPertuan Agong Tuanku Mizan Zainal Abidin and Raja Permaisuri Agong attended the national level Independence celebration at Parliament Square, Kuala Lumpur.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a386/Haminah/Agong1.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a386/Haminah/Agong2.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a386/Haminah/Agong3.jpg

The ceremony was the shortest ever, only 45 minutes, out of respect of Ramadhan fasting month and fear of H1N1 outbreak.

Installation of the Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Negeri Sembilan

The big day for the Installation Ceremony of the new Yang di-Pertuan Besar (Ruler) of Negeri Sembilan Tuanku Muhriz Ibni Almarhum Duli Yang Maha Mulia Tuanku Munawir is nearing.

On Thursday 22 October 2009 - The Royal Regalia will be taken out and installed at Istana Besar Seri Menanti (the Royal Palace of Negeri Sembilan) in Kuala Pilah

On Sunday 25 October 2009 - The Yang di-Pertuan Besar Tuanku Muhriz and his consort Tunku Ampuan Besar Aishah Rohani Binti Almarhum Tengku Besar Mahmud will perform Istiadat Bersiram (Bathing Ceremony)

On Monday 26 October 2009 - The most awaited day - The Installation Ceremony will take place at Istana Besar Seri Menanti Kuala Pilah

Utusan Malaysia Online - Dalam Negeri

King Mizan Zainal Abidin and Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono after the latter inspects the guard of honour during the welcoming ceremony at the Parliament Square in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 11 November 2009. Susilo in on a two-day visit to Malaysia from 11 to 12 November

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Johore

...The current Sultan Iskandar was previously married first to a lady from Cornwall, Ms. Josephine Trevrow but later divorced. She is the mother of the current Crown Prince of Johor Tunku Ibrahim Ismail, Tunku Azizah Aminah Maimunah Iskandariah the Crown Princess of Pahang and Tunku Kamariah Iskandariah the Tengku Puan Panglima DiRaja of Selangor.
Hi all, just reading and enjoying this thread which is very long and the topics go in all directions. Specific to a posting #116, Josephine Trevorrow was married to Sultan Iskandar from 1956-1962.

What's happened with prince Bahrin? Full names (with titles probably) of malaysian royals are too complicated to me, so I can't found him there. His wife was Jacqueline Pascarl and I would like to know what is he doing now (still only one of princes or the ruler??) and if their children visit Malaysia, where their children live now,.... Can anyone help me find the answers?

Yes, I mean this man. Thanks for links.

An interview with HRH Tunku Zain Al-’Abidin ibni Tuanku Muhriz, the second son of the Yamtuan of Negri Sembilan.
Very interesting and touching description of the family life of the new Yamtuan of Negri Sembilan - the Malaysian Insider.

Funeral of Sultan Iskandar of Johor

Sultan Hassan al Bolkiah of Brunei and his brother Prince Muhammad were also present.

Image Gallery

In this picture I see Queen Nur Zahirah of Malaysia, I'm not sure if the gentleman shaking the hand of the Sultan of Brunei is her husband.

Here the Sultan of Brunei pays his condolences to the new Sultan of Johor. I presume that's his wife standing behind him.

New Sultan of Johor

JOHOR BARU - TUNKU Ibrahim Ismail Ibni Almarhum Sultan Iskandar was on Saturday proclaimed as the new Sultan of Johor. New Sultan of Johor

More pictures:
Sultan of Johor, Sultan Iskandar (R), stands with Malaysia's Prime Minister Abdullah Ahmad Badawi (L) and former prime minister Mahathir Mohamad (C) for a group photo after the birthday celebrations of the United Malays National Organisation, in Johor Bahru, 370km (230 miles) south of Kuala Lumpur, in this May 11, 2006 file photograph. Sultan Iskandar passed away in Johor Bahru on January 22, 2010, Malaysia's The Star Internet edition reported. He was 77 years old.

The new Sultan of Johor, Sultan Ibrahim, offer flowers on the grave of his father Sultan Iskandar, in Johor Bahru, 370km (230 miles) south of Kuala Lumpur, January 23, 2010.

Yup, thats the Sultan of Brunei shaking hands with Yang di pertuan Agong. He had just came back from the operation in Germany and is recovering. Look closely, he was on some sort of stiches or is it stretcher? You can also see two crown prince. Tengku Abdullah from Pahang and Tengku Faris Petra from Kelantan.

From the second pic, that lady is Raja Zarith Sofia, the new Sultanah. Beside her is his eldest son, Tunku Ismail, who is also the new crown prince of Johor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom