Royalty of Malaysia 2: November 2006 - April 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Ephram and Fanletizia! These images are just great.

I noticed that some Malaysia Royals wears yellow goldenish clothes...I wonder if this has some ritual signification or so...In China, only Chin Emperors could wear the " Imperial golden yellow" and nobody else...

Vanesa.

Ephram said:
If the Sultan of Brunei and his Consort were to attend, this would be the first time Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah attends this ceremony. In the previous years, Brunei only sent the Crown Prince as representative. As for the other Heads of State, I don't know who exactly. We'll see who's coming tomorrow.

Well you're right about the Crown Prince of Brunei attending. I was hoping some of the senior Brunei royals would attend so we'd get to see some great pictures from Infofoto and I got my wish (although I was hoping for more pictures of all the tiaras and jewels). Perhaps you'd be kind enough to identify some of the malaysian guests in the pictures (some of them are familiar to me from CP Billah's wedding but I dont recollect the names)

Here are the picture galleries: (Infofoto)

CP Billah arrives at the royal palace, greets other guests
More guests - CP Billah's cousin, Prince Abdul Qawi can be seen in both pics.
Guests sitting down

The Installation - Throne Room

more picture galleries:
The new Sultan and Sultanah of Malaysia - I have to say the Sultanah is a lovely woman. I saw parts of the ceremony on the BBC and she looked radiant in her glittering outfit.
A view of the magnificent Throne Room
Royal guests

This is a good article with a detailed description of the cermony:
New Agong installed

. . .Present to attend the Installation Ceremony of Seri Paduka Baginda Yang Di-Pertuan Agong Al-Wathiqu Billah Tuanku Mizan Zainal Abidin was His Royal Highness Prince Hj Al-Muhtadee Billah, the Crown Prince.
Accompanying His Royal Highness the Crown Prince to the Installation Ceremony was Prince Abdul Qawi. The rich royal traditions and customs of the installation ceremony were on display at the Balairong Seri or the Throne Room of the Istana Negara.
. . .arrival of Tuanku Mizan, 45, and Tuanku Nur Zahirah, 33, to the Throne Room, led by the Datuk Maharaja Lela Tengku Farouk Tengku Jalil and bearers of the 'Cogan Alam' also known as the 'Mace of the Universe' and the 'Cogan Agama' known as the 'Mace of Religion'. Borneo Bulletin

Tuanku Mizan Zainal Abidin Installed 13th Yang Di-Pertuan Agong

KUALA LUMPUR, April 26 (Bernama) -- The Sultan of Terengganu, Tuanku Mizan Zainal Abidin, 45, was Thursday installed as the 13th Yang di-Pertuan Agong in a ceremony steeped in custom and tradition of the Malay rulers at Balairong Seri of Istana Negara.
. . . The Yang di-Pertuan Agong, in his pledge inscribed in Jawi on a goat hide, vowed to govern the nation with utmost fairness in accordance with provisions in the Federal Constitution and uphold Islam.

Tuanku Mizan said he would ensure a just and peaceful administration.

After His Majesty read out his pledge, a nafiri (trumpet) was sounded followed by the beatings of the nobat (drum) "Raja Bertabal" (the King has been installed) by the Royal Terengganu Nobat Group.

This was followed by a 21-gun salute by the 41st Artillery Battery Regiment followed by the rendition of "NegaraKu" by the Royal Armour Corps. Bernama

On television news last night, it was informed that the Installation Ceremony of the King of Malaysia is to be broadcast by National Geographic at the end of this year.

The Installation Ceremony of the XIII King of Malaysia saw some royal touches from Terengganu. The Throne Hall was newly painted with with white instead of brown before and with some addition of flowers beside the throne.

Due to rain in the early morning of that Thursday, some parts of the ceremony had to be cancelled among others are - if the wheather was good we could see the arrival of each Malay Rulers would be celebrated with them taking salutes from Royal Dais set up at the lawn of the Palace and the flags of each state would be raised with their state anthems, such a glittering. But instead plan B had to take place where their cars arrived in front of the door of the Throne Hall to under the roof shelter.

Thank God that the Ceremonial Guard Review by the King was not called off because by 9.15am the rain has stopped.

The ceremony was preceded by the arrival of the Royal Guests including the mother of the King Tengku Besar Sharifah Nong Fatimah Al-Sogoff, her stepmother Tengku Ampuan Besar Bariah and her grandmother the 4th Queen of Malaysia Tengku Ampuan Tua Intan Zaharah.

The Queen looked very beautiful and with thicker eyeshadow making her looks younger. During the arrival procession of the Royal Couple to the Throne Hall we could clearly see that she murmured some prayers unheard to make herself calm down since she looks so nervous as they walk towards the Throne Dais. However as the Royal Couple sat on the throne both regain their control and relax.

The King raised the Sword of the Kingdom as an affirmation that he is installed as the Head of State instead of kissing the sword.

The Grand Chamberlain who led the ceremony was handpicked by Sultan Mizan himself.

Guestlist of the Installation Ceremony of King of Malaysia XIII (ed.)

Perlis:
1.Raja Muda Tuanku Syed Faizuddin Ibni Tuanku Syed Sirajuddin
2.Raja Puan Muda Tuanku Lailatul Shahreen Akashah Binti Dato' Mohd. Khalil

Kedah:
1.Tuanku Al-Haj Al-Mu'tasimu Billahi Muhibbudin Sultan Abdul Halim Muadzam Shah Ibni Almarhum Sultan Badlishah.
2. Sultanah Haminah Hamidun.

Perak:
1. Paduka Seri Sultan Azlan Muhibbudin Shah Ibni Almarhum Sultan Yussuf Izzuddin Shah Ghafarullahulah
2. Raja Permaisuri Tuanku Bainon Mohd. Ali.

Selangor:
1. Sultan Sharafuddin Idris Shah Ibni Almarhum Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah.

Negeri Sembilan:
1. Yang di-Pertuan Besar Tuanku Jaafar Ibni Almarhum Tuanku Abdul Rahman.
2. Tuanku Ampuan Najihah Binti Almarhum Tuanku Besar Burhanuddin.

Johor:
1. Tunku Mahkota Tunku Ismail Ibrahim Ibni Tuanku Al-Haj Al-Mutawakkil Alallah Sultan Mahmood Iskandar.
2. Raja Zarith Sofiah Binti Almarhum Sultan Idris Shah.

Pahang:
1. Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah Al-Musta'in Billah Ibni Almarhum Sultan Abu Bakar Ri'ayatuddin Muadzam Shah.
2. Sultanah Hajjah Kalsom.

Kelantan:
1. Tengku Mahkota Tengku Faris Petra Ibni Sultan Ismail Petra.

Terengganu:
1. The Regent Tengku Muhammad Ismail Ibni Al-Wathiqu Billah Al-Sultan Mizan Zainal Abidin. (Son of the King, 9 years old)

2. Tengku Ampuan Tua Intan Zaharah Binti Almarhum Tengku Setia Raja (the grandmother of the King and the 4th Queen of Malaysia)

3. Tengku Ampuan Besar Bariah Binti Almarhum Sultan Hisamuddin Alam Shah. (Stepmother of the King).

4. Tengku Besar Sharifah Nong Fatimah Al-Sogoff (the mother of the King).

5. Tengku Seri Panglima Raja Tengku Baderulzaman Ibni Almarhum Sultan Mahmud al-Muktafi Billah Shah. (The Head of the Regency Council, younger brother of the King).

Brunei Darussalam:
1. Pengiran Muda Mahkota al-Muhtadee Billah Ibni Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah.

Royal Banquet - Photos

Arrivals:
The new King greets the Sultan of Brunei
Nur Zariah greets Queen Saleha of Brunei
Nur Zariah greets Princess Azrinaz of Brunei – Azrinaz is the second wife of Sultan Bolkiah.
Sultan Bolkiah greeting guests
Queen Saleha and Princess Azrinaz greeting guests
The monarchs of Brunei and Malaysia

Before the banquet:
The royals – (Image gallery)

On their way to the banquet:
The two monarchs
Queens Saleha and Nur Zariah
L-R: Sultanah Najihah of Negeri Sembilan (in pink), Sultana Bainon of Perak (in Red) & Princess Azrinaz; behind them, in turqoise, is Sultanah Haminah of Kedah
Prince Abdul Malik and Princess Masna – son and sister of the Sultan of Brunei

The banquet:
Image Gallery 1 - Click Here
Image Gallery 2 - Click Here

Group Photos:
The Ladies - From the right: Sultanah Kalsoom of Pehang (in turqoise), Princess Azrinaz of Brunei, Sultanah Najihah of Negeri Sembilan, Queen Saleha, Queen Nur Zariah, Sultanah Bainon of Perak, Sultanah Haminah of Kedah. I dont know who the two ladies of the left are.
The Gentlemen

Brunei royals depart:
The Sultan
Queen Saleha, Princess Azrinaz, Prince Abdul Malik

Humera said:
Group Photos:
The Ladies - From the right: Sultanah Kalsoom of Pehang (in turqoise), Princess Azrinaz of Brunei, Sultanah Najihah of Negeri Sembilan, Queen Saleha, Queen Nur Zariah, Sultanah Bainon of Perak, Sultanah Haminah of Kedah. I dont know who the two ladies of the left are.

The two ladies of the left are:

1.Tengku Ampuan Besar Bariah, the stepmother of the King (headcovered)
2.Tengku Ampuan Tua Intan Zaharah, the grandmother of the King (beside Sultanah Haminah).

Thank you Humera. :flowers:
This is a wonderful record of the glittering events in Kuala Lumpur.

Ephram said:
The two ladies of the left are:

1.Tengku Ampuan Besar Bariah, the stepmother of the King (headcovered)
2.Tengku Ampuan Tua Intan Zaharah, the grandmother of the King (beside Sultanah Haminah).

Thank you Ephram. Would you mind identifying the The Gentlemen as well?

Humera said:
Thank you Ephram. Would you mind identifying the The Gentlemen as well?

From Left

1. HH Tengku Muhammad Faris Petra
Tengku Mahkota (Crown Prince) of Kelantan

2. HH Tunku Ismail Ibrahim
Tengku Mahkota (Crown Prince) of Johor

3. HM Sultan Sharafuddin Idris Shah
Sultan of Selangor

4. HM Sultan Abdul Halim Muadzam Shah
Sultan of Kedah

5. HM Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah
Sultan of Brunei

6. HM Sultan Mizan Zainal Abidin
13th YDPA of Malaysia

7. HM Tuanku Jaafar
Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Negeri Sembilan

8. HM Sultan Azlan Muhibbudin Shah
Sultan of Perak

9. HM Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah
Sultan of Pahang

10. HH Tuanku Syed Faizuddin
Raja Muda (Crown Prince) of Perlis

this is from a few days ago (April 29, 2007).......

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]New Agong calls on His Majesty [/FONT]

His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam, Her Majesty Raja Isteri Pg Anak Hjh Saleha and Her Royal Highness Pg Isteri Azrinaz Mazhar yesterday morning received a courtesy call by His Majesty Yang Di-Pertuan Agong Al-Wathiqu Billah Tuanku Mizan Zainal Abidin ibni Al-Marhum Sultan Mahmud Al-Muktafi Billah Shah and Her Majesty Raja Permaisuri Agong Tuanku Nur Zahirah. Borneo Bulletin

From Infofoto:
Image Gallery - Click Here

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]His Majesty attends Royal Banquet in KL [/FONT]

His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Negara Brunei Darussalam yesterday night attended a Royal Banquet marking the installation of Seri Paduka Baginda Yang Di-Pertuan Agong Al-Wathiqu Billah Tuanku Mizan Zainal Abidin the 13th Yang di-Pertuan Agong of Malaysia at the Istana Negara, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Accompanying His Majesty at the royal banquet were Her Majesty Raja Isteri Pengiran Anak Hajah Saleha, Her Royal Highness Pengiran Isteri Azrinaz Mazhar Hakim, His Royal Highness Prince 'Abdul Malik, Her Royal Highness Princess Hajah Masna and YAM Pengiran Lela Cheteria Sahibun Najabah Pengiran Anak Hj Abdul Aziz. Borneo Bulletin

Pictures from the article:
Image Gallery - Click Here

Last edited:
What a wonderful celebration! I love to see Malaysia and Brunei Royalty together, just like at CP Billah's wedding.
The new Sultanah, Queen Saleha, and Azrina wear tiara. Both Queen look great and Azrina looks like a bride!
Thanks for those great pictures. .

Breaking News: Raja Nazrin Shah The Crown Of Perak Will Get Married!

Late yesterday, the Malaysian media broke a surprise news. Thank God, he will finally get married! Raja Nazrin Shah the Raja Muda of Perak will tie the knot on 17 MAY 2007.

His wife will be conferred a Royal Family Order and invested as the Raja Puan Besar of Perak by his father His Royal Highness Paduka Seri Sultan Azlan Shah on 18 May 2007.

Raja Nazrin Shah is the Eminent Fellow of ISIS and Pro Chancellor of University of Malaya.

He is an intellectual and a very wise man, very outspoken royal who cares a lot about his people and the development of the society.

The glittering night of Bersanding will be on 19 May 2007.

Raja Nazrin Shah Ties The Knot On May 17 :: Bernama.com

This is the picture of Raja Dr. Nazrin Shah:
http://www.perak.gov.my/sultan/english/nazrin.htm

Muka 2

Hai Ephram,

There have been many controversy in regards to the identity of Raja Nazrin's the future bride. Would you be able to shed some light ? :wub:

Thank you ... :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

P.S. Love those lovely photos of The Installation Ceremony of the XIII King of Malaysia .. thanks a bunch .. :wub:

Last edited:
Flower0007 said:
Hai Ephram,

There have been many controversy in regards to the identity of Raja Nazrin's the future bride. Would you be able to shed some light ? :wub:

Thank you ... :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

P.S. Love those lovely photos of The Installation Ceremony of the XIII King of Malaysia .. thanks a bunch .. :wub:

Hi Flower0007. No problem thanks to Humera as well, glad you enjoy them.

With regard to the Raja Muda of Perak. I was speechless yesterday upon hearing the announcement, I was slapping my face twice to make sure it's true. But I'm and we all are surely glad that he finally found someone, the future Queen.

I can't comment further on who is the bride, but I'm sure you read today's Utusan. The name is there but the Palace will make the official announcement later.

Utusan Malaysia Online - Dalam Negeri

The Royal Wedding of the Raja Muda of Perak

The name of the bride is Ms. Zara Salim Davidson the will be- Raja Puan Besar of Perak as announced in the national radio this morning.

Zara will become Raja Puan Besar of Perak

A very excellent student
Ex-Nottingham U Top Student Zara Davidson To Wed Raja Muda Of Perak :: Bernama.com

This brings cheers and joy to the people of Perak
People Of Perak Elated Over Raja Nazrin's Wedding :: Bernama.com

Media Centre is set up
Media Centre At Sg Perak Resort For Raja Nazrin's Wedding :: Bernama.com

Ephram said:
Hi Flower0007. With regard to the Raja Muda of Perak. I was speechless yesterday upon hearing the announcement, I was slapping my face twice to make sure it's true. But I'm and we all are surely glad that he finally found someone, the future Queen.
I totally agree with you .. am surprised too myself ... but nevertheless I wish him happiness with his future bride ... :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
The Royal Wedding of Raja Muda Perak

Duli Yang Teramat Mulia Raja Muda of Perak Raja Dr. Nazrin Shah POLITELY DECLINED! the governnment fund for his wedding.

My God! I have never seen any Royal has ever done this before.

Plus he will be treating 5000 orphans and students around the Royal Town of Kuala Kangsar on his wedding reception.

http://www.bernama.com.my/bernama/v3/news_lite.php?id=261511

The Royal Wedding of Raja Muda Perak

The Royal Wedding of Miss Zara Salim Davidson will strengthen the relationship between the two states Perak and Kedah as well as their Royal Families.

Miss Zara is the great-granddaughter of the late Sultan Abdul Hamid Halim Shah The Sultan of Kedah (the grandfather of the current Sultan of Kedah) through her mother. The late Sultan Abdul Hamid is the father of Tunku Abdul Rahman The Father of Independence and the first Prime Minister of Malaysia.

She comes from a really great descendants.

Raja Nazrin-Zara Marriage Strengthens Perak-Kedah Links :: Bernama.com

Pictures of Miss Zara

Last edited:
Zara is a pretty girl. Im curious about her background though, her features appear more western than Malaysian. Is her father a non-Malaysian? (I noticed her last name is Davidson)

Humera,it sounds like there's a Scots connection there.Don't forget that one of the Johorean Sultans married a Scots woman in the early part of the 20th. Century as well.

Aidan.

Humera said:
Zara is a pretty girl. Im curious about her background... Is her father a non-Malaysian? (I noticed her last name is Davidson)
Courtesy of Christopher Buyers from the Asian Royals Message Board:

Zara is a leading businesswoman, the youngest child and only daughter of William (Bill) Stanley Walker Davidson, Barr-at-Law, sometime senior partner and consultant to Azman Davidson & Co of Ipoh, Perak, and former Crown Counsel and Legal Draftsman in Hong Kong, by his wife, Sharifa Azaliah binti Syed Omar Shahabuddin, daughter of Y. Bhg. Tan Sri Sayyid Omar bin Sayyid Abdullah Shahabuddin, Dato' Sri Mahavamsa, sometime Chief Minister of Kedah, by his wife, Y.A.M. Tunku Amina binti al-Marhum Sultan Abdul Hamid Halim Shah, one of the many daughters of H.H. Sultan Abdul Hamid Halim Shah II ibni al-Marhum Sultan Ahmad Taj ud-din al-Mukarram Shah, Sultan of Kedah.

BERNAMA biography of Zara here

In conjunction with the Installation of the 13th Yang di-Pertuan Agong there is currently a special exhibition at the National Museum and to my surprise they allow cameras. Last weekend I had a chance to visit it and here are some rare pictures of Sultan Mizan and Terengganu Royal Family from the exhibition.

Pictures from the Installation:

Last edited:
Pictures of the Royal Regalia

Tengkolok DiRaja the headgear worn by the King

Gendik Raja or Royal Tiara worn by the Queen

Keris Kerajaan or Dagger of the Kingdom

Keris Pendek DiRaja

Royal Necklace worn by the Queen

Sceptre of the Religion (of Islam)

Sceptre of the World

Pictures from the Oath of Office and Signing of Instruments of Declaration I snapped in the exhibition:

Left to right: Sultan Ismail Petra of Kelantan, Sultan Abdul Halim Muadzam Shah of Kedah The Deputy of Yang di-Pertuan Agong, Sultan Azlan Shah of Perak, Sultan Mizan Zainal Abidin The Yang di-Pertuan Agong, Yang di-Pertuan Besar Tuanku Jaafar of Negeri Sembilan and Sultan Sharafuddin Idris Shah of Selangor

Crown Prince of Pahang Tengku Abdullah, Tun Abdul Rahman Abbas Governor of Penang, Tun Abdul Khalil Yaacob Governor of Melaka and Dato' Seri Najib The Deputy Prime Minister.

From the Special Conference of Rulers that selected Sultan Mizan as the King

Left to right: Tengku Besar Sharifah Nong Fatimah (the mother of Sultan Mizan), Tengku Muhammad Muaz (last son of Sultan Mizan), Tengku Puteri Nadhirah Zaharah (the first child and daughter of Sultan Mizan), Tengku Fatimatuz Zaharah (the youngest child of Sultan Mizan), Tengku Muhammad Ismail (the heir apparent) and Sultanah Nur Zahirah.

Sultan Mizan and his mother Tengku Besar Sharifah Nong Fatimah during his graduation

The Royal Wedding of Raja Muda of Perak

For those who are interested to know about the updates of the Royal Wedding, kindly visit this page set up by Bernama News Agency:

:: PERAK - WEDDING ::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom