The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-08-2007, 10:06 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephram
Hi Flower0007. With regard to the Raja Muda of Perak. I was speechless yesterday upon hearing the announcement, I was slapping my face twice to make sure it's true. But I'm and we all are surely glad that he finally found someone, the future Queen.
I totally agree with you .. am surprised too myself ... but nevertheless I wish him happiness with his future bride ...

Old 05-12-2007, 08:47 PM
Courtier

The Royal Wedding of Raja Muda Perak

Duli Yang Teramat Mulia Raja Muda of Perak Raja Dr. Nazrin Shah POLITELY DECLINED! the governnment fund for his wedding.

My God! I have never seen any Royal has ever done this before.

Plus he will be treating 5000 orphans and students around the Royal Town of Kuala Kangsar on his wedding reception.

http://www.bernama.com.my/bernama/v3....php?id=261511

Old 05-12-2007, 08:59 PM
Courtier

The Royal Wedding of Raja Muda Perak

The Royal Wedding of Miss Zara Salim Davidson will strengthen the relationship between the two states Perak and Kedah as well as their Royal Families.

Miss Zara is the great-granddaughter of the late Sultan Abdul Hamid Halim Shah The Sultan of Kedah (the grandfather of the current Sultan of Kedah) through her mother. The late Sultan Abdul Hamid is the father of Tunku Abdul Rahman The Father of Independence and the first Prime Minister of Malaysia.

She comes from a really great descendants.

Raja Nazrin-Zara Marriage Strengthens Perak-Kedah Links :: Bernama.com

Pictures of Miss Zara

Utusan Malaysia Online - Dalam Negeri

Utusan Malaysia Online - Dalam Negeri
Old 05-13-2007, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Zara is a pretty girl. Im curious about her background though, her features appear more western than Malaysian. Is her father a non-Malaysian? (I noticed her last name is Davidson)
Old 05-13-2007, 04:04 PM
Aristocracy

Humera,it sounds like there's a Scots connection there.Don't forget that one of the Johorean Sultans married a Scots woman in the early part of the 20th. Century as well.

Aidan.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:30 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humera
Zara is a pretty girl. Im curious about her background... Is her father a non-Malaysian? (I noticed her last name is Davidson)
Courtesy of Christopher Buyers from the Asian Royals Message Board:

Zara is a leading businesswoman, the youngest child and only daughter of William (Bill) Stanley Walker Davidson, Barr-at-Law, sometime senior partner and consultant to Azman Davidson & Co of Ipoh, Perak, and former Crown Counsel and Legal Draftsman in Hong Kong, by his wife, Sharifa Azaliah binti Syed Omar Shahabuddin, daughter of Y. Bhg. Tan Sri Sayyid Omar bin Sayyid Abdullah Shahabuddin, Dato' Sri Mahavamsa, sometime Chief Minister of Kedah, by his wife, Y.A.M. Tunku Amina binti al-Marhum Sultan Abdul Hamid Halim Shah, one of the many daughters of H.H. Sultan Abdul Hamid Halim Shah II ibni al-Marhum Sultan Ahmad Taj ud-din al-Mukarram Shah, Sultan of Kedah.

BERNAMA biography of Zara here
Old 05-14-2007, 05:25 AM
Courtier

In conjunction with the Installation of the 13th Yang di-Pertuan Agong there is currently a special exhibition at the National Museum and to my surprise they allow cameras. Last weekend I had a chance to visit it and here are some rare pictures of Sultan Mizan and Terengganu Royal Family from the exhibition.

Pictures from the Installation:

Old 05-14-2007, 05:42 AM
Courtier

Pictures of the Royal Regalia

Tengkolok DiRaja the headgear worn by the King

Gendik Raja or Royal Tiara worn by the Queen

Keris Kerajaan or Dagger of the Kingdom

Keris Pendek DiRaja

Royal Necklace worn by the Queen

Sceptre of the Religion (of Islam)

Sceptre of the World
Old 05-15-2007, 12:54 AM
Courtier

Pictures from the Oath of Office and Signing of Instruments of Declaration I snapped in the exhibition:

Left to right: Sultan Ismail Petra of Kelantan, Sultan Abdul Halim Muadzam Shah of Kedah The Deputy of Yang di-Pertuan Agong, Sultan Azlan Shah of Perak, Sultan Mizan Zainal Abidin The Yang di-Pertuan Agong, Yang di-Pertuan Besar Tuanku Jaafar of Negeri Sembilan and Sultan Sharafuddin Idris Shah of Selangor

Crown Prince of Pahang Tengku Abdullah, Tun Abdul Rahman Abbas Governor of Penang, Tun Abdul Khalil Yaacob Governor of Melaka and Dato' Seri Najib The Deputy Prime Minister.

From the Special Conference of Rulers that selected Sultan Mizan as the King

Left to right: Tengku Besar Sharifah Nong Fatimah (the mother of Sultan Mizan), Tengku Muhammad Muaz (last son of Sultan Mizan), Tengku Puteri Nadhirah Zaharah (the first child and daughter of Sultan Mizan), Tengku Fatimatuz Zaharah (the youngest child of Sultan Mizan), Tengku Muhammad Ismail (the heir apparent) and Sultanah Nur Zahirah.

Sultan Mizan and his mother Tengku Besar Sharifah Nong Fatimah during his graduation
Old 05-15-2007, 04:02 AM
Courtier

The Royal Wedding of Raja Muda of Perak

For those who are interested to know about the updates of the Royal Wedding, kindly visit this page set up by Bernama News Agency:

:: PERAK - WEDDING ::
Old 05-15-2007, 08:21 PM
Courtier

Just to inform that the King Tuanku Mizan Zainal Abidin and Queen Tuanku Nur Zahirah are on State Visit to Indonesia starting today. This is the first ever State Visit by the King and the Queen as Head of State.

Their Majesties will be welcomed by President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono and First Lady Ani Herawati.

http://www.bernama.com.my/bernama/v3....php?id=262141
Old 05-16-2007, 02:31 AM
Heir Apparent

The 13th King of Malaysia, Sultan Mizan Zainal Abidin (2nd L), shakes hands with Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono (2nd R) as Malaysia's Queen Nur Zahirah (L) and Indonesian First Lady Kristiani look on at the presidential palace in Jakarta, 16 May 2007

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Old 05-19-2007, 10:44 PM
Courtier

The Royal Wedding of Raja Muda of Perak

The 3 day festivity of the Royal Wedding of Raja Muda of Perak Raja Dr. Nazrin Shah to Raja Puan Besar Tuanku Zara Salim was finally over last night with a glittering wedding reception and the splendid fireworks display. Sultan of Selangor and the Sultan and Sultanah of Kedah were among the guests of the reception.

Kindly visit this site to watch the video of the Conferment of the Royal Order of Darjah Kerabat Sultan Azlan Shah (the exclusive order for Perak Royal Family ) to the newly wed Zara Davidson making her the Consort to the Crown Prince Raja Muda Dr. Nazrin Shah.

Thus she is now styled Duli Yang Teramat Mulia Raja Puan Besar Perak Darul Ridzuan Tuanku Zara Salim:

http://wedding.emedia.com.my/
Old 05-20-2007, 02:03 PM
Aristocracy

This is more pic from the Yang Dipertuan Agong state visit to Indonesia

http://www.presidensby.info/imageGalleryD.php/4009.jpg
http://www.presidensby.info/imageGalleryD.php/4012.jpg
http://www.presidensby.info/imageGalleryD.php/4027.jpg
Old 05-20-2007, 09:09 PM
Courtier

Well, these are rare pictures of the visit, thank you banda_windsor.

Would love to see if you have picture/s from the State Banquet.
If not could you describe how's the banquet as you saw on Indonesian tv. What did they wear? The speech etc.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:35 AM
Aristocracy

I'd love to show you the banquet pic. But unfortunately i don't have any. It's hard to find the picture of what happen inside the Presidential Palace. The few things that i can tell you for sure are, both King and the President wear a formal suit, not tuxedo and no order and decorations.

The First lady perhaps wear a national dress with traditional Batik. and the Queen probably wear the Kebaya labuh, and doesn't wear tiara.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:52 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by banda_windsor
I'd love to show you the banquet pic. But unfortunately i don't have any. It's hard to find the picture of what happen inside the Presidential Palace. The few things that i can tell you for sure are, both King and the President wear a formal suit, not tuxedo and no order and decorations.

The First lady perhaps wear a national dress with traditional Batik. and the Queen probably wear the Kebaya labuh, and doesn't wear tiara.
Thanks for the answer. I thought the dresses are more or less like that. Because here also we have never seen yet a State Banquet held by Sultan Mizan honouring any visiting head of state. Last few weeks, I read on newspaper that President of Benin was about to visit Malaysia (first time for Sultan Mizan) but he cancelled the visit otherwise we would have seen the first visit
Old 05-23-2007, 08:28 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Quote:
The 3 day festivity of the Royal Wedding of Raja Muda of Perak Raja Dr. Nazrin Shah to Raja Puan Besar Tuanku Zara Salim was finally over last night with a glittering wedding reception and the splendid fireworks display. Sultan of Selangor and the Sultan and Sultanah of Kedah were among the guests of the reception.

Kindly visit this site to watch the video of the Conferment of the Royal Order of Darjah Kerabat Sultan Azlan Shah (the exclusive order for Perak Royal Family ) to the newly wed Zara Davidson making her the Consort to the Crown Prince Raja Muda Dr. Nazrin Shah.

Thus she is now styled Duli Yang Teramat Mulia Raja Puan Besar Perak Darul Ridzuan Tuanku Zara Salim:

The Royal Wedding
Thank you for this link. It looks like a beautiful wedding. Its a pity the pictures are so small, I was hoping we'd get to see some more stunning Malaysian royal jewels.
Do the bride and groom always wear yellow?
Old 05-23-2007, 08:59 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Thanks for the answer. I thought the dresses are more or less like that. Because here also we have never seen yet a State Banquet held by Sultan Mizan honouring any visiting head of state. Last few weeks, I read on newspaper that President of Benin was about to visit Malaysia (first time for Sultan Mizan) but he cancelled the visit otherwise we would have seen the first visit
From what i heard, the President of Indonesia and the First Lady will pay a visit to the Yang di-Pertuan Agong XIII and the Queen soon. Perhaps it'll be sometimes in June or July. I'll let you know if i get more info. by the way, can you please post a picture of every current monarch of Malaysian states. It's quiet hard to find. Thanks before.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by banda_windsor
From what i heard, the President of Indonesia and the First Lady will pay a visit to the Yang di-Pertuan Agong XIII and the Queen soon. Perhaps it'll be sometimes in June or July. I'll let you know if i get more info. by the way, can you please post a picture of every current monarch of Malaysian states. It's quiet hard to find. Thanks before.
Aren't they already in Malaysia? (Or already gone)

I thought I saw some pictures of it!