Royalty of Malaysia 2: November 2006 - April 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dutchman acquitted because King did not testify - The Star

A Dutch businessman was acquitted by the Sessions Court of cheating a royal foundation into accepting a “bill of exchange” worth RM623mil because the prosecution failed to call the King to prove its claim.

Tengku Ampuan Besar of Terengganu Tengku Bariah Binti Almarhum Sultan Hisamuddin Alam Shah, mother of the Yang DiPertuan Agong, passed away this morning at Hospital Sri Kota in Klang, Malaysia. Her remains was taken the Maziah Palace and the Royal Mausoleum in Terengganu for funeral.

King's mother passes away (Update)

Career comes first for former Kelantan princess

Indonesian model-turned-actress Manohara Odelia Pinot, who left her first husband in her teenage years, says she's prioritizing work over love these days. Apart from dabbling in the entertainment industry, the star of the Supergirl TV series is also involved in charitable work.

With her busy schedule, it is almost impossible for the 19 year old to build a serious romantic relationship.
But after her much-publicized breakup with her former husband, Malaysia's Kelantan prince Tengku Mohamad Fakhry Sultan Ismail Petra, Manohara wants to take things slowly. - Asia One

jacqueline pascarl

have completed reading jacqueline pascarl's book.
I am disgusted that someone who is considered royalty(not being royal is no excuse either but as a royal they should be setting an example) can behave in the fashion that Bahrin behaved it is inexcusable. His behaviour is an assault to not only his ex wife and their children but to children and women in general. DISGUSTING!!!!!!
Before anyone thinks of defending his actions I will tell you that I couldn't care less however I will wonder if you have taken the time to read Jacqueline's book.
Why does the Royal Forums have a thread on the Malaysian Royals considering the behaviour of one of their members and considering the fact that they turned a blind eye to it all?:bang::ohmy:

I also read "Once I was a Princess", and the second book "Since I was a Princess". Of course Bahrin's behaviour towards Jacqueline was very disgusting - he harmed deeply her,Iddin and Shahirah.
But Jacqueline was also a bit naive - he already before their wedding displayed inclinations to violence (verbal and physical). But taking into accunt that she was ten still a teenager, and after such a traumatic childhood it's not so strange...

Good that fortune rewarded her earlier sufferings.

jacqueline pascarl

i don't think she was at all rewarded! she missed seeing her children grow up!!!!
furthermore are you saying that people who are abused as children will go onto relationships where they will be abused by someone else? ridiculous!
secondly Bahrin did not display signs of physical violence until AFTER the marriage(on one occasion he sodomised her)! so how can you say she was naive in that sense?
lastly did you know that women in Malaysia are considered "unclean" if they still have the clitoris intact?
I certainly didn't until I read the book and neither did Jacqueline!:bang:

i don't think she was at all rewarded! she missed seeing her children grow up!!!!
Of course, she was rewarded: she has now a truly loving husband, a daughter Verity (10) and a son, Lysander (8), She has now contact with older ones (of course nothing will restore lost years, but Iddin and Shahirah are already of age); think about women who do not have such possibility, and didn't rearrange their life after ending toxic relationship.

furthermore are you saying that people who are abused as children will go onto relationships where they will be abused by someone else?
Unfortunately often yes, because they have a distorted picture of the family and are so hungry for love that ready to forgive a first person interested in them a lot in its name. Psychological examines confirm this fact.

ridiculous!
You don't need right away to be rude.

secondly Bahrin did not display signs of physical violence until AFTER the marriage(on one occasion he sodomised her)! so how can you say she was naive in that sense?
Maybe he didn't beat her, but he showed a tendency to dominate a woman, to suppress her mentally; there are many fragments about it and author herself from the perspective of time admits that she hadn't noticed alarming signals. First was a mention of Bahrin's first marriage, (his wife had betrayed and left him after a year)

"Bahrin said he felt humiliated and disappointed, because he had married her against his family's wishes, which turned to be wrong and in a manner so public.
I shoud have to realize that, at age 17, it's difficult to grasp te essence of such a tale. I should have then got out of his life, until I still could do that, or at least think about why Fauziah felt the need of romance soon after the wedding." (pages 47-48)

"Our romance was flourishing. We decided - in fact, he decided - that I should live with him, and to me the idea of "playing home" seemed to be tempting. I had no great - almost none - idea how life as a couple should be; my knowledge on this subject could be at best described as fragmented. I am sorry to confirm this but films I had watched (here English titles of these films, which I don't know) gave me rather fictitious and no real patterns of home I wanted to create.
I entered into this relationship with the great ease and without special consideration. When my hopes for dancing career faded and its place was taken by uncertainty and lack of a particular purpose, Bahrin became the only lifeline. Looking at him, I sawjust what I wanted to see. And fooling myself and Bahrin, - but most of all myself - believed that I was in love, although I didn't know what love is." (pages 50-51)

"I was in love with the feeling that I am in love;Isn't such a statement painful, but at the same time most accurte description of a teenager's love or immature relationship? I know that this reflects best my attitude to Bahrin in the last months of 1980;" (page 52)

Further she describes troubles with an application for passport, which her mntally ill mother didn't want to sign (Jacqueline was still under age);

"Once when I tried to explain him my mother's behaviour, he said that my past didn't interest him; we will live in our own way.
What strange couple we created, from the beginning:we both came from dysfunctional families, but none of us wanted to admit or even realize that we lack basic skills to build any relationship. Sincerity appeared rarely in our conversations; the use of polite and elegant language was an unwritten rule. I never told Bahrin that Roger had molested me" (page 53)

IT SPEAKS FOR ITSELF; Trust and honesty are foundations of a successful relationship. Later there is a fragment Bahrin tells about his family:

"He deserved closeness natural for Australian families, he wanted to ceate an "ideal" home, directly from the cinema screen. It's scary that in that time Ifound nothing wrong in the fact he dreamt of an imaginary life built by fictional characters" (page 54)

Later she mentions that she threw to hug Bahrin after having arrived to Kuala Lumpur, and he told her that according to Muslim customs such behaviour is offensive and she should control herself in the future; in this moment she decided not to tell him that she had taken part in the party organized by the crew in the plane...
"I still didn't know that in this way a subtle process of my indoctrination had begun." (page 58)Later Bahrin descibes his father's relationshipwith his Chinese concubine Lina:
"Bahrin assured me that it ws a perfect arrangement, perfectly fullfills its tasks; Lina doesn't participate in the social activities of her lover and doesn't even expect to be invited to participate, nor is she officially accepted by family members. However, his father has a person to do cleaning and laundry in her and she can live cheaply in a good part of the city. I refrained from asking a quetion of mutual respect and love. Bahrin was in his homeland and there, as I guessed, different customs prevailed; I understood this but since then I had often to hold my tongue in check." (page 59)
Clear allusion that she felt embarrassed and couldn't have courage to express her opinion.Description of nice time spent with Bahrin on the beach of Kuantan before marriage (after marriage she was never allowed to swim in the sea, not to mention wering "Western" swimsuit)is ended by a significant notation:

"Sometimes the pasage of time tempers past events but that temperance can also tease like a putrescent tooth and poison our memories, rebuking us for our NAIVETY"
(PAGE 63)You see? She herself uses the word "naivety"!
Later he left her with his relatives whom she didn't know and shortly after went out to greet his mother, and Jacqueline "watched after him with terror in her eyes" (page 66) After nice acceptace by a family, she concludes:

"(...)maybe it's because I let Bahrin's family "seduce" me; In those days I saw the behaviour which I tried deliberately not to notice, allowing a good part of teir lives to take precedence over the less palatable acts. As a seventeen-year-old I wasn't prepared to disrupt smooth panes of existing state of affairs even with one wrinkle; at the age of thirty I could trigger a wave of storm, when there was a need to." (page 70)
Thank God that I am already approaching to thirty and in alarming situations a red lamp in my head enlightens...
At the end of the visit Bahrin told Jacqueline that he had ordered an engagement ring for her (without asking her to marry him):

"He disposed of my questions about the future saying: Don't spoil it all by talking about these issues. Go home and wait for me. And I did so. In the afternoon I boarded a plane, not realizing that I voluntarily had endorsed in our relationship a pattern of conduct, from which has never been exceptions - the rule of my absolute obedience" (page 74)

"Intimate dinners for two weren't conducive to serious discussions, during long car rides music from the radio thwarted any effort to take important topics" (page 75)

Circle of her friends diminished:
"I coudn't see that a bunch of my friends begins to be confined to Bahrin's relatives and his colleagues from the University, and that all of them can be couned on te fingers of one hand" (page 76)

When he proposed a rapid wedding on occasion of coronation of his uncle (for the following week!) it surprised her; they had never told about the wedding date; she thought that this can be considered when Bahrin finishes his studies:

"I felt like interjection points and question marks rumble in the walls of my skull, I searched for the right words, thoughts flew through my head at a dizzying pace" (page 76)

When she expressed her doubts that it's too rapidly and she is under age he went into rage: "I can make that you will have a family for the first time in your life and you are picking holes in I don't know what!" (page 77) He emphasized that she never had fitted to Australia (she is a half-Chinese) and no one will intimidate her in Malaysia:

"I didn't know what to say. I started to cry, reveal my fears to him, but he didn't want to listen; shouted accusations against me, stripping me of another protective layer of my self-confidence, which I had developped with such an effort, revealing all my waknesses and fears" (page 78) Later he said that they couldn't live more in the informal union, he wasn't going to live with a WHORE, that according to Islam it was a sin, that he gave her enough time to GROW UP...and at the end he used an emotional blackmail: or she will marry him the following week or he will disappear from her life for ever.

Toxic relationship, do you hear? TOXIC!!!

lastly did you know that women in Malaysia are considered
"unclean" if they still have the clitoris intact?

Imagine that I knew: I have read many positions of the literature of fact in which appeared the question of Female Genital Mutilation - "Desert Flower" (and continuation "Desert Dawn" and "Letter To My Mother") by Waris Dirie, "Tears on the Sand" by Noora Abdi, "Mutilated" by Khady, "Infidel" by Ayaan Hirsi Ali, "The White Massai" (and continuations "Goodbye to Africa" and "See You in Barsaloi") by Corinne Hofman, "The White Witch" by Ilona Maria Hiliges, "The Love of Lioness" by Christina Hachfeld-Tapukai. So when this topic appeared in Jacqueline's book (page 199) it was not a suprise to me. It's possible that I know about Africa more than you, although I am European.

I certainly didn't until I read the book and neither did Jacqueline!:bang:

Of course Jacqueline didn't: she herself mentions that she didn't knew completely anything about Malaysia before meeting Bahrin. (page 56).

Last edited by a moderator:
So sad to hear this. I have been so out of touch with my own country. But what I can tell and say about the King's mother is, she was a wonderful, humblest and nicest woman I've ever met and know. My late mother was one of her friend. When my mom had cancer and was treated in the hospital, she came and visited. When my mom was recuperating at home, she came and visited and when my mom passed away, she came and visit.

Al fatihah ....

Female Genital Mutilation does not happen in Malaysia. How did I know this. Easy, I'm a woman, born and bred in Malaysia and I was not mutilated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Negri Sembilan's Princess weds member of Philippines' RF

Tunku (Princess) Izrina Mazuin of Negri Sembilan, daughter of Tunku Iskandar Abdullah and his wife Maneesah Ahmad, has wed Ifrahim Baydr Ismael Omar from southern Philippines' royal house on May 13th, 2011.

The Yang di-Pertuan Besar Negri Sembilan Tuanku Muhriz Munawir and his consort Tuanku Aishah Rohani Mahmud were the royal guests of honour. - Source

So sad to hear this. I have been so out of touch with my own country. But what I can tell and say about the King's mother is, she was a wonderful, humblest and nicest woman I've ever met and know. My late mother was one of her friend. When my mom had cancer and was treated in the hospital, she came and visited. When my mom was recuperating at home, she came and visited and when my mom passed away, she came and visit.

Al fatihah ....

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a386/Haminah/Your-Majesty.jpg
QUOTE]

She will definitely be missed both as the Tengku Ampuan Besar of Terengganu and the Royal of Selangor. Al-Fatihah as well.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a386/Haminah/Your-Majesty.jpg

King and Queen of Malaysia attend the Royal Wedding of Cambridge couple

Seri Paduka Baginda Yang DiPertuan Agong Tuanku Mizan Zainal Abidin and Raja Permaisuri Agong Tuanku Nur Zahirah the King and Queen of Malaysia joined over 40 members of foreign Royal Families attending the Royal Wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge (Prince William and Catherine) at Westminster Abbey in London on 29 April 2011.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a386/Haminah/KINGMALAYSIA1.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a386/Haminah/KINGMALAYSIA2.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a386/Haminah/KINGMALAYSIA3.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a386/Haminah/KINGMALAYSIA5.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a386/Haminah/KINGMALAYSIA4.jpg

King and Queen of Malaysia at the religious ceremony

TM the King Mizan Zainal Abidin and the Queen Nur Zahirah graced the recital of Yassin and doa (prayer) ceremony in conjunction with His Majesty's birthday, at the National Mosque (Masjid Negara) here Thursday night. - Bernama

Perlis Raja Muda's speech to be broadcast on Japanese website | My Sinchew
A speech delivered by the Raja Muda of Perlis Tuanku Syed Faizuddin Putra Jamalullail on tourism and meeting between the Perlis and Japanese royals will be broadcast in Japan.
[...]
In the speech, Tuanku Syed Faizuddin also recounted the relationship between the Perlis Palace and Japan when Emperor Akihito visited Perlis in February 1970.
He said the Japanese emperor had met his grandfather Tuanku Syed Putra Jamalullail who was at the time, the Raja of Perlis, at Istana Arau.
Tuanku Syed Faizuddin said the event which took place 40 years ago showed the cordial relationship between Japan and Perlis.

Prince of Wales greets the King of Malaysia Mizan Zainal Abidin and the Queen of Malaysia Sultanah Nur Zahirah for the start of the Start Garden Exhibition and Pop-Up Restaurant at Clarence House in central London July 27, 2011.

daylife gallery
Article

Queen opens luncheon talk on business tithe and gold tithe | BorneoPost Online | Borneo , Malaysia, Sarawak Daily News
The event, organised with the cooperation of Habib Jewels Sdn Bhd, was aimed at introducing and explaining the roles of Muslim women corporate figures in the field of business tithe and gold tithe.

Queen hands over RM1 mln for Japan's tsunami victims
Raja Permaisuri Agong Tuanku Nur Zahirah handed over a RM1 million contribution from Malaysia AEON Foundation for Japan's tsunami victims at a charity dinner function here. The cheque for the amount was handed to Asean and China AEON adviser Akihito Tanaka at the AEON Charity Dinner held at the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre.

Last edited:
Johor Sultanah causes turmoil in education

Johor sultanah: Bersih 2.0 was hijacked - Malaysiakini
Almost three weeks after the Bersih 2.0 rally, the debate continues unabated with a key member of royal family claiming today that the electoral reform movement "had in someway been hijacked" by other groups and individuals.

Sultanah, abolishing SJK schools won't help - Malaysiakini
"Johor Sultanah Raja Zarith Sofia Sultan Idris Shah should not be making any comments on politically sensitive issues even if she was merely expressing her personal opinion.The royal family, being unelected, is supposed to be above politics and not hold any views on matters that can expose them to charges of political bias".
[...]
Raja Zarith's call for the abolishment of the vernacular schools is most stupefying. The students from the vernacular schools far excel in English than the students from the national schools.

I heard tuanku zara gave birth to a princess last friday

Seri Paduka Baginda Yang Di-Pertuan Agong and Raja Permaisuri Agong, the King and Queen of Malaysia, will hold a reception for everyone on the festival of Eid el Fitr on the 1st of Syawal next week (presumably on 30 August 2011) at Istana Negara, the National Palace.

Everyone is invited to attend from 11.00 am to 1.00 pm Malaysian time. Dress properly.

http://www.bernama.com.my/bernama/v5/newsgeneral.php?id=610161

Raja Muzwin Binti Almarhum Raja Ariff Shah, the Raja Perempuan Perak (Consort of Sultan Idris Iskandar Shah II who reigned from 1963 to 1984) has passed away on Thursday 6 October 2011. She is also the mother of the Consort of the current Sultan of Johor, Raja Zarith Sofiah.

She was buried yesterday 7 October 2011 in the presence of both the Royal Families of Johor and Perak. May Allah bless her dear soul. AL-FATIHAH.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a386/Haminah/RajaPerempuanMuzwinMangkat.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a386/Haminah/YMMRAJAPEREMPUANMUZWINNDYMMRAJAZARITHSOFIA.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a386/Haminah/sultan-idris-ii-rp-muzwin-tabal-1963-wm.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a386/Haminah/PermakamanYMMRajaMuzwin.jpg

Sultan of Kedah elected next King of Malaysia

The Sultan of Kedah, Sultan Abdul Halim Mu'adzam Shah, will serve as the 14th Yang di-Pertuan Agong for five years from Dec 13, becoming the only ruler to serve as the King of Malaysia for a second time. The special meeting of the Conference of Rulers which elected Sultan Abdul Halim, 83, yesterday also elected the Sultan of Kelantan, Sultan Muhammad V, as the next Deputy Yang di-Pertuan Agong, according a statement issued by the Prime Minister's Office.
The Kedah Ruler had served as the Yang di-Pertuan Agong from Sept 21, 1970, to Sept 20, 1975. - Source

Sultan of Kedah next Yang di-Pertuan Agong | BorneoPost Online | Borneo , Malaysia, Sarawak Daily News

August 14th, 2011: Happy union of three RF - Perlis, Selangor and Kedah

A princess marries her prince charming in the wedding of her dreams.
Dr Sharifah Eliza Cornelia Jamalullail tied the knot with Dr Tunku Muzafar Shah Tunku Jaa’far Laksamana in an intimate akad nikah ceremony at the Istana Alam Shah, Klang, attended by family and close friends.
The marriage was also a happy union of three ruling houses – Perlis, Selangor and Kedah.
The bride is the eldest daughter of Tan Sri Syed Anwar Jamalullail, Tengku Syariff Panglima of Perlis, and Tengku Puteri Nor Zehan Sultan Salahuddin of Selangor, while the groom is the eldest son of Datuk Tunku Jaafar Laksamana Tunku Nong Jiwa and Datuk Tunku Kamaliah binti Almarhum Sultan Badlishah of Kedah.
The newlyweds are both doctors.
Dr Tunku Muzafar, 42, recently left his post as the Clinical Lead for Acute Medicine and Geriatrics in University Hospital Llandough, Cardiff, Wales, to begin a new career in Malaysia while Dr Sharifah Eliza, 31, works at the Prince Court Medical Centre and Twin Towers Medical Centre.

Sultan of Pahang pays last respect to Governor's son

Mohammad Raznam, 46, the first son of His Excellency the Yang Dipertua Negeri of Melaka, Tun Mohd Khalil died from kidney failure at the intensive care unit of Tengku Ampuan Afzan Hospital, Kuantan at 10.40 am. The Yang Dipertua Negeri was at the hospital with his family members
[...]
Also present to pay their last respects were the Tengku Mahkota of Pahang Tengku Abdullah Sultan Ahmad Shah, Pahang Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Adnan Yaakob and Malacca Chief Minister Datuk Seri Mohd Ali Rustam.
The late Mohammad Raznam leaves a wife, Tengku Noor Marina Tengku Adanan, 36, and a nine-year-old son. - Full article

Sultan of Johor meets Duke of York

HRH the Sultan of Johor has granted an audience to HRH Prince Andrew, Duke of York.
Duke of York, arrived in Malaysia on Sunday for a three-day visit in his capacity as Britain's special representative for international trade and investment.
This is his second visit to Malaysia since 2001.

**Pic** - credits Bernama

Prince Andrew opens the doors of Johor medical varsity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom