Royalty of Malaysia 1: September 2004-October 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Such tragic news. My heart goes out to the family. Its horrible when things happen & you might not get all the answers.

From what I read, the suspicion is that he was under the influence of crystal methamphetamine, known in the region as "siyabu" or in my country, "shabu". They still would be conducting an autopsy to confirm or deny the cause of death.

I know I'm just repeating what others have said but it's really heartbreaking to see the Sultan cry. :(

news on Tengku Puteri Kamariah's husband. He survived the attack by his son
Tunku Ismail: I forgive him

quotes from the above link:

“Only Allah knows the suffering and pain I am going through without my beloved wife by my side,” he said with tears brimming in his eyes...

...The royal couple, married for more than 40 years, had eight children, including twins Tunku Rizal Shahzan and Tunku Rizal Ramadan, both 21.
Tunku Ismail, 69, could only find comfort now from looking at his daughters, who all bear an uncanny resemblance to their late mother Tengku Puteri Kamariah.

Orang Kaya Maha Bijaya Gombak (a noble) passed away

TanSriKontekKamariahBintiDatukAhmad.jpg

Yang Amat Berbahagia Tan Sri Hajjah Kontek Kamariah Binti Datuk Ahmad Panglima Garang Ishak
(1911 - 2006)

May God bless her dear soul​

She passed away peacefully in her residence in Taman Kamariah, Gombak in Malaysia yesterday 18 August 2006 at the age of 95. She was the official representative of the Sultan of Selangor in the district of Gombak and conferred the nobility title of 'Orang Kaya Maha Bijaya'. In 1953 she was conferred British Empire Medal by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. She was a truly lovely and caring grandmother. May God bless her in eternity.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2006/8/19/nation/15186213&sec=nation

Credit to news and photo: Copyright © 1995-2005 Star Publications (Malaysia) Bhd

Malaysian King Tuanku Syed Sirajuddin Syed Putra Jamalullail (3rd R) and Malaysian Prime Minister Abdullah Ahmad Badawi (3rd L) raise their hands and shout Mederka (Independence) during the 49th national day celebration in Sarawak, the largest state in Malaysia located on the south-western of Borneo, 31 August 2006. Malaysia celebrated its 49th National Day with the theme of "Because of You Malaysia: National Mission To Bolster Vision", that mainly focuses on the implementation of the Ninth Malaysian Plan, multi-racial unity, reading campaign and human capital development

from profimedia

Royal Families of Negri Sembilan.

Who here knows something about the Royal Families of Negri Sembilan (or 'Negeri Sembilan' in Malay),apart from the fact that there are 6 statelets with their own rulers,& that the ruler of Sungei Ujong is also the Yang Di-Pertuan Besar of Negri Sembilan?

I had heard that Tampin's late ruler died after a 76 year reign - a British Commonwealth record.

Aidan.

The King and Queen of Malaysia are currently on a 3-day official visit to Jordan. Information and news on this visit can be found in this thread.

Last edited:
The Rajahs of Sarawak.

Here's a section that will really be of interest to the history buffs,especially those who live in a British Commonwealth country.It is about the Rajahs of Sarawak & their family.I know about the 3 Rajahs,who all had the surname 'Brooke',as they were originally an English family.

The nephew of Rajah Sir Charles Vyner Brooke,Antony,now lives in my home town of Wanganui.I have not met him.Antony Brooke was the Raja Muda (which means 'Young Prince' in the Malayan language) (or Crown Prince).Even after Rajah Sir Charles Vyner Brooke abdicated in 1946,there was a very strong movement opposed to Sarawak being ceded to the Crown as a British colony.Antony was actually banned from Sarawak until around 1964,after Sarawak became a self-governing state within Malaysia.

Aidan.

The children of prince Bahrin

I recently read the book of prince Bahrin's ex-whife, Jacqueline Pascarl-Gillespie, "Once I was a princess". And just yesterday I found out that the children have just reunited with their mother in Australia.

Does anyone know what's behind the story? Is it true, what she says, that he abused and beat her during their marriage, or is he the one telling the truth? 'Cause he seems so honest and... nice. Allowing the children to come to Australia, letting the daughter study and not marrying her off at early age.

From what Iddin and Shah says, he's been a good and loving father, but in her book, Jacqueline is quite convincing; she portraits him to be this horrible man who cares for nothing else but himself and his appearance.

King Tuanku Syed Sirajuddin (L) and his wife (C) meet Munira Subasic (R), the President of the Women's Association for the enclaves of Srebrenica and Zepa, in Sarajevo, 17 September, 2006. The Malaysian royal couple presented a donation of 10.000 USD to the association of female relatives of those killed or considered missing after the Bosnian Serb forces overran UN safe heavens in Srebrenica and Zepa in 1995, thus leaving thousands of Muslim women bewidowed and expelled from their homes in the enclaves.

from anp

The Royal Family of Singapore.

Does anyone have any information about the Royal Family of Singapore,who are descended from a cadet branch of the Johorean Royal Family? I know that the Singaporean Government kicked them out of their run-down palace a few years ago & turned it into a heritage centre of some sort.

hi...we dun have royal in singapore...so i not sure of the johorean royal family

Royalist0007 said:
Here's a section that will really be of interest to the history buffs,especially those who live in a British Commonwealth country.It is about the Rajahs of Sarawak & their family.I know about the 3 Rajahs,who all had the surname 'Brooke',as they were originally an English family.

The nephew of Rajah Sir Charles Vyner Brooke,Antony,now lives in my home town of Wanganui.I have not met him.Antony Brooke was the Raja Muda (which means 'Young Prince' in the Malayan language) (or Crown Prince).Even after Rajah Sir Charles Vyner Brooke abdicated in 1946,there was a very strong movement opposed to Sarawak being ceded to the Crown as a British colony.Antony was actually banned from Sarawak until around 1964,after Sarawak became a self-governing state within Malaysia.

Aidan.

Hello, Royalist0007,

Wow! Anthony Brooke is still alive? For so many years I have been so curious on the whereabouts of the remnant of the Brooke Royal Family. According to history books, after Charles Vyner Brooke abdicated, he and family moved to Australia. For a long time, I have been wondering whether they still alive or not. Anthony Brooke was suppossed to succeed his uncle, Charles Vyner Brooke. Unfortunately his uncle refused to pass the throne to Anthony, therefore he rather willing to hand over Sarawak to the British Crown.

Do you know how old is Mr. Anthony Brooke now?
What is his wife's name?
How many children do they have?
Has he ever returned to Sarawak ever since?

Ephram said:
Yang Amat Berbahagia Tan Sri Hajjah Kontek Kamariah Binti Datuk Ahmad Panglima Garang Ishak (1911 - 2006)
I didnt know that she has passed away until today. She came to my wedding and I still remember calling her up to invite her to my wedding personally.We also did our Umrah in Saudi Arabia together a couple of times.

She was a very nice lady and I looked up to her. May god bless her soul.
:sad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom