Crown Princess Mette-Marit Visit to Malaysia: May 28 - 30, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fortimo

Royal Highness
City
Budapest
Country
Hungary
CP Mette-Marit will participate as speaker in the Women Deliver's third global conference, Women Deliver 2013, which will take place on May 28-30, 2013, in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Women Deliver » Updates » Global Leaders To Call For Action On Maternal & Reproductive Health At Women Deliver 2013 Conference

I read in the danish forum, that CP Mary will also participate in this conference... It seems they will have a nice time together there, I assume they will do not only work, but also do some shopping, relaxing together... I would like have also such a workplace/job... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I read in the danish forum, that CP Mary will also participate in this conference... It seems they will have a nice time together there, I assume they will do not only work, but also do some shopping, relaxing together... I would like have also such a workplace/job... :)
Not necessarily. CP Mary will visit also visit "local humanitarian and social programs and participate in events promoting Danish business interests in Malaysia"

CP Mette-Marit will participate as speaker in the Women Deliver's third global conference, Women Deliver 2013, which will take place on May 28-30, 2013, in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Women Deliver » Updates » Global Leaders To Call For Action On Maternal & Reproductive Health At Women Deliver 2013 Conference

CP Mette-Marit's detailed program for the Women Deliver conference in Kuala Lumpur was published for the press: http://www.kongehuset.no/binfil/download2.php?tid=115487

Press release: kongehuset.no - Women Deliver: Presseprogram
Google Translation

It seems she will be an active participant of this conference...

I don't understand why is this thread in the Malaysian Royal Family thread. This conference has nothing to do with the Royal Family in Malaysia. Or does the CP's have program with the royals there?

Last edited by a moderator:
Crown Princess Mette-Marit will join the Tuesday session 28 May 2013 (starts 2.45pm Malaysian time) at Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre while Crown Princess Mary will deliver speech during the Thursday session 30 May 2013 (starts 9.00am Malaysian time).

CP Mette-Marit has arrived in Malaysia and chaired today (May 27) a round table discussion at Youth Conference organized by Women Deliver. Each table included 10 young leaders, one facilitator and one high profile expert. Topics: Young Leadership and HIV
Picture 1 - and a blurry picture 2

ADD: another Picture

CP Mette-Marit paid a courtesy call on the prime minister's wife, Datin Seri Rosmah Mansor, at the prime minister's official residence, Seri Perdana, May 27.
http://www.nst.com.my/latest/rosmah...om-crown-princess-of-norway-1.287682?cache=03

Picture 1 - Picture 2

Last edited:
first pictures of May 28
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...7.614981.311047710246&type=1&relevant_count=1
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...7.614981.311047710246&type=1&relevant_count=1
https://twitter.com/Kronprinsparet/status/339227646305107969/photo/1/large

Picture 1 - Picture 2 - Picture 3 - Picture 4 (greeted by Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak and his wife Rosmah Mansor)

daylife gallery http://www3.daylife.com/search?q=Mette-Marit+May+28

right at the moment the "Presidential Session: Women's Health" starts where she participates as panellist
livestream here: Women Deliver Conference 2013 on Livestream

Last edited:
She's like me, she loves lace !!! I think she is particularly beautiful these days !

Last edited:
Just wonder why is this page not in the norwegian area ......I thought it would be under mette marit section

Just wonder why is this page not in the norwegian area ......I thought it would be under mette marit section

When royals visit other countries which have a royal family the visiting thread is in that countries section. If they don't have an RF it would be in the visitors section.

When Charles and Camilla visited the Scandinavian countries a few years ago all threads where in the corresponding country they were visiting.

When royals visit other countries which have a royal family the visiting thread is in that countries section. If they don't have an RF it would be in the visitors section.

When Charles and Camilla visited the Scandinavian countries a few years ago all threads where in the corresponding country they were visiting.

Yes, but Charles and Camilla met also the Scandinavian royals, had programs with them. But now Mette-Marit hadn't it with the Malaysian royals. And than why is the Thailand-visit and the other Malaysian-visit of the Norwegian Cp-couple in the Norwegian thread? For me it is not really logical. ...

Yes, but Charles and Camilla met also the Scandinavian royals, had programs with them. But now Mette-Marit hadn't it with the Malaysian royals. And than why is the Thailand-visit and the other Malaysian-visit of the Norwegian Cp-couple in the Norwegian thread? For me it is not really logical. ...

It's the way The Royal Forums organise the sections, Crown Princess Mary's visit to Malaysia is in the Malaysian section. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's visit last year is also in this section. Doesn't matter about meeting foreign royals or not, if the country a royal is visiting has a royal family 99.9% of the time the thread will be in the visiting forum.

Thank you for telling me why

A couple of questions from an interview in Billed Bladet #23, 2013.
Interviewer: Ulrik Ulriksen.

Where he talked with Mette-Marit about her work in connection with Women Deliver.

Q: Crown Princess Mette-Marit can you tell us a little about how you have experienced the Wome Deliver conference, which is about women's conditions and living condition globally?
MM: "This is an area and a subject I have been working with since 2001, when I married Crown Prince Haakon. Back then we focused on women's education globally and now in Norway.
This Women Deliver conference takes place in a time where there is a lot of success and progress in many areas in regards to women's rights and issues. Also even though we may not have gotten as far as we would wish in regards to some topics. That's why I think the conference takes place at a time when it is important to sit down and contemplate what we want further on.
To me, working with the issues around AIDS which has been one of my cardinal issues since 2001, it is important to acknowledge that we in this area has come very far indeed. At the same time there is (still) a long way to go before we can be satisfied. The financing of some projects has stagnated, so now it's about keeping up the pressure and continue financing the important projects we have in this field.
At the same time we see that organisations begins to realise the importance of working especially with the young, as I have done and has had as a main topic for a long time. Because we see now that the world populations is getting younger and younger and 46 % of newly infected with HIV and AIDS are among people under 26..
That means that we now have to adjust ourselves according to the developement. That is we have to direct our effort at the younger segments of the population, because they globally speaking are the hardest hit. We now learn that young women now carry so much of the burden and problems in regards to HIV and AIDS.
The image of HIV and AIDS has changed a lot from initially being an epedemic among men, who had sex with men. Now the typically HIV-infected is a young married woman from the area south of Sahara in Africa. That means that the image has changed tremendously and that AIDS genuinely go hand in hand with other challenges. For example women who are married early and who do not have the right to decide over their own body and who at the same time is subjected to violence.
All these things which ensure that women do not experience developement also means that you are more vulnerable to HIV and AIDS yourself".

Q: In 2003 you were on a fact finding trip to Malawi and you were so afflicted by your experiences that you in earnest decided to involve yourself even more in the work. How much have you yourself developed as a profile who is putting focus on a specific global health-related and social problem?
MM: "I have indeed developed a lot since back then, when I started working with this issue way back in 2001. I have learned enourmously. Now I feel that this is a topic that is under my skin.
I know a lot about the issue because I have worked with it for so long, but not least because because I have learned so much from those many young people I have met in connection with my work. If I must emphasize something that is important to me, it is to have followed so many of these young people over the years. That has given me so much quality in regards to the work I have been doing.
The young have given me the desire to intensify my work. Some of the young I have met, are perhaps some who have faced the biggest challenge in life - that is to get the diagnocis of having HIV or AIDS.
But they live with the diagnosis and they show the strength they themselves use to live with the diagnosis and to help other people in their local community. That I think is fantastic and that gives me so much joy. If they can, then I at least do something to put focus on the issue on the international arena.
After I went to Malawi in 2003, I also felt that this was something I had to work with, I couldn't just put the hard experiences away. I had to try and do just a little difference.
Now this has ended up as a life-long project for me. I will never stop my work on the HIV and AIDS problems".

- A very illuminating and meaningful interview that is of course longer than this, but I thought these two questions captured the essence.

Last edited:
Yay found new pictures!! :flowers:
They are from May 28 (I think the VIP reception for Leaders in Global Development at Petronas Towers), she met CP Mary there and they left together (sorry for the heavy watermarks!!)
Picture 1 - Picture 2 - Picture 3 - Picture 4 - Picture 5 - Picture 6
Mette-Marit is wearing the white dress, she also wore in Indonesia last year.

some more pictures from the Impact Awards, May 29
Picture 1 - Picture 2 - Picture 3 - Picture 4 - Picture 5 - Picture 6

and from the Malaysian Aids Council Shelter Home, May 29
Picture 1 - Picture 2 - Picture 3 - Picture 4 - Picture 5

Last edited:
@Fairy Tale: Do you know from which event picture 3 is? I do not know her yellow dress...

Back
Top Bottom