Coronation of the Sultan of Johor 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WarlordKro

Commoner
City
Lemuria
Country
Kiribati
The coronation of the Sultan of Johor will take place on March 23 2015, it has been announced.

Sultan Ibrahim succeeded his father in 2010.

Johor is one of the Malay states which traditionally held a coronation ceremony rather than an inauguration. Previous ceremonies have included a blend of Western, Islamic and Malay culture.

Johor has royal regalia including the Johor State Crown, which was last used in the 1960 coronation ceremony of the late Sultan Ismail.

I never knew that such a Kingdom existed! Very interesting, I'll be watching this topic!

It is a interssante subject. Put More info here.

There will be a series of events over a number of days. The first event will be a flag raising ceremony on Monday 16 March.

Further information is on my blog.

How is the choice of the monarch in Malaysia?

There is a real family?

How is the choice of the monarch in Malaysia?

There is a real family?

There are nine state monarchies in Malaysia, and nine real families :flowers:. The Sultanate of Johor is one of them.

The King of Malaysia is called the Yang di-Pertuan Agong, and is chosen from one of the nine state monarchs for a five year term.

More information here.

Any reason why the coronation is taking place so long after the Sultan Ibrahim succeeded his father?
I'm looking forward to this. No doubt there will be Bruneian royals present as they seem to attend all such events.

that sound very intersting and i am looking forwardthe celebrations.
do we know if Royals around the world are attending.

Generally world royalty don't attend. Only the royals from Brunei are present because the two countries are the closest neighbours and royal families are very close.
Keep in mind that this is a coronation of the ruler of a single Malaysian state. So it's not likely to be an enormous event. Even when the King of Malaysia is sworn in every 5 years, there's no big world royalty contingent (aside from the Bruneians of course).

The Sultan and Sultanah of Brunei, the other Malay State Rulers and their consorts, and the Prime Minister of Singapore and his wife will attend.

Oh...and the Black Eyed Peas.

The Sultan of Johor Coronation

Check this website about the coronation. Kemahkotaan.johor.gov.my. It is bilingual, so you can choose either Malay or English language. Quite interesting. All the events and about royal family in this dedicated website.

:previous:Thank you for this link. It'll be streaming the coronation live.

thanks you all for posting the links,i enjoyed.
the ceremony was beautiful.

Here's an interesting article:The Man Behind The Crown

(a small excerpt)

. . . Sultan Ibrahim will don the same crown his grandfather Sultan Ismail wore in 1960. The crown was commissioned by Sultan Abu Bakar Daeng Ibrahim in 1886, making Johor the first state to have a crown for its sovereign.

Only three other states, Selangor, Terengganu and Kelantan, have commissioned crowns for their rulers but do not hold exclusive coronation ceremonies.

For many Malaysians, it will probably be the first time they will witness such an event and it will go down in history as the biggest showcase by the much-revered royal institution.

Sultan Ibrahim is a traditionalist who has made it his mission to restore Johorean traditions so that they are appreciated and understood, especially by the younger generation.

His passion to uphold tradition is as infectious as his drive to see to the development of the state.

Since ascending the throne five years ago, Sultan Ibrahim has been determined to reinstate long forgotten royal traditions including that of the coronation.

Thanks for all the updates. An interesting ceremony. :flowers:

Came across this interesting forum and thought it would be nice to share some information of the coronation. The picture taken below shows Sultan Ibrahim and the Queen on the night of the coronation. The 9 breast stars worn by the Sultan were issued by the State of Johor and Brunei. The Seri Paduka Mahkota Johor (Order of the Crown of Johor) is seen on the Sultan's top left breast.

http://news.asiaone.com/sites/defau...tion_2.jpg?itok=UEiNbpQO&timestamp=1427085168

Here's an image of our craftsman working on the crest for the Seri Paduka Mahkota Johor (Order of the Crown of Johor) and a video chronicling the making of the Order. The crafting of ODM is such a fascinating process and we thought it'll be interesting to share a peek behind the scenes.

Video: The Making of SPMJ

Back
Top Bottom