The Winter Home in the Mountains and the Summer Home by the Sea

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
NORE OG UVDAL 20080905 Norway's Crown Prince Haakon's and Crown Princess Mette-Marit's new log cabin in Nore og Uvdal is soon complete and ready for a move-in. Photo: Terje Bendiksby

ANP Beeldbank

ANP Beeldbank

ANP Beeldbank

I heard, that the people in Norway spent her Easter-Vacation in the mountains with skiings. Maybe are the crownprince-family also here, but I never seen picture about their in Uvdal. Does anybody know that they have this cabin or not anymore?

oh dear

I ask myself how the late King Olav V would of have thought of all this
He surely would of have asked for local construction permissions to be respected
And I do not think he was so much in favour of a certain 'spending money habit'

On the West coast of the US, in many places, they allow homes back from the beach, but on the beach, which do not impede the public from hiking along the beach from one end to the other.
If they close off the beach with fences, then the public cannot stroll the beach. I don't
know what the configuration is here, but I would not think it a good idea to fence off the beach so people can't walk it.
It's the glory of Seattle (which has many Norwegians) that the 20 mile long Lake Washington can no longer be built on, except back from the walkable beaches, where anyone can stroll. If a law had not been passed to enforce this, wealthy people would have built their homes right across the walkable beaches and stopped people from strolling by. Seattle is very beautiful and is supposed to be like Scandinavia.

Who lives in the winter house, CP couple or the King & Queen?

Who lives in the winter house, CP couple or the King & Queen?

In the winter-house in Uvdal live the CP-couple. The Royal-couple have their winterhomes in Jotunheimen (the Prinsehytta), and the Kongsseteren by Oslo.

A short video about the holidayhome of Flatholmen by Risor:
NRK TV - Året med kongefamilien 2008 - 25.12.2008

"-Have you visited it?
- Yes, we've been there... It was absolutely fascinating... Great-Great place.
- Yeah, that's it.
- It's very nice location on the site and on the island. It is so nice out at sea.
On sunny days they have giant playground. There is little worse when it rains!
- Is this an expression of the Crown Prince Couple's environmental awareness?
-Yes, I think so.
-I'm quite sure.
-A real commitment with them?
-Yes, they lived on Svalbard in 3 weeks. Very simple. It is very important that contrasts with the life we live. You sit very pleased to be able to live under very simple conditions.
It is very good for kids to experience it too. It's healthy...."

Back
Top Bottom