Where do they live?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Belvedere and Stuyvenberg

Would anyone know where exactly these castles are located? Also the castle of Fenffe. Is this the weekend retreat of CP Philippe and his family now? Thank you.

Philippe & Mathilde live in the castle of Laeken, in the park of Laeken in Laeken (Brussels). It's very simple :)

Astrid and her family live in a newly built house, villa Schonenberg. You can see pictures of it in this thread.

the castles of Laeken, Stuyvenberg (Fabiola), Schonenberg (Astrid) and the Belvédère (King & queen) are all located on a very large private royal domaine. So they're not far from each other.

Laurent lives in Tervuren, a community close to Brussels.

The castles in Ciergnon and Fenffe are used by the king and his children, usually in the weekends.

Josefine said:
were did philippe live before his marrige

When he moved out of his parents's home (Belvedere), he went to live at the castle of Laeken - which is traditionnally the home of the reigning king and his wife. But when Albert II became king, he decided to stay at the Belvedere because it has been his home ever since Paola and he got married.

Cathérine Bergeyck said:
Philippe & Mathilde live in the castle of Laeken, in the park of Laeken in Laeken (Brussels). It's very simple :)

Astrid and her family live in a newly built house, villa Schonenberg. You can see pictures of it in this thread.

the castles of Laeken, Stuyvenberg (Fabiola), Schonenberg (Astrid) and the Belvédère (King & queen) are all located on a very large private royal domaine. So they're not far from each other.

Laurent lives in Tervuren, a community close to Brussels.

The castles in Ciergnon and Fenffe are used by the king and his children, usually in the weekends.

:) Thank you, Catherine!
Wow! They all have such gorgeous residences, but why wouldn't they-they're royalty lol :D

Amedeo lives in New York these days, because that's where he works.

The Crown Princely Family of Belgium"s residence

Where does the Family of Crown Prince Philippe live?

:previous:
They live in Laeken Castle; here is the thread about the castle.

were does astrid oldest son live?

how many castles are there for the royal family do choose from?

where did Princess Astrid & family live before villa Schonenberg?

After their marriage, Lorenz and Astrid moved to Switzerland, if I recall correctly in Basel, where Lorenz worked. Then in 1993, when her father became King, they moved back to Belgium and settled at Villa Schonenberg.

Thank you, but it's written that Villa Schonenberg is built in 2009? Or maybe rebuilt than? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a recently built mansion indeed, but I don't think so recently; I don't know when it has been built exactly, but surely in 2004 it was already there, as Prince Amedeo's 18th birthday on 21 February 2004 were taken at Villa Schonenberg (you can see the Villa in the background this picture).

Indeed :), so it was an error
But look at this video, there it certainly not Schonenberg... (when the kids come back from school)

Astrid and Lorenz had rented a villa in Brussels after moving back to Belgium and before settling at Villa Schonenberg. At least that´s what I read somewhere.

When he moved out of his parents's home (Belvedere), he went to live at the castle of Laeken - which is traditionnally the home of the reigning king and his wife. But when Albert II became king, he decided to stay at the Belvedere because it has been his home ever since Paola and he got married.

In the TV programs about the new King Philippe it was said that during his bachelor years (after studying at Stanford and befor his marriage), he had an appartment in the Royal Palace in Brussels.
After their mariage, Philippe and Mathilde lived in a small appartment in the Castle of Laeken and later moved to the bigger appartment where they live now.

Do Philippe and Mathilde live just with the kids in Laeken? no other member of the RF lives there?

And was Philippe that desperate to get out of his parents' house that he went to the huge and cold Royal Palace? :D

Do Philippe and Mathilde live just with the kids in Laeken? no other member of the RF lives there?

And was Philippe that desperate to get out of his parents' house that he went to the huge and cold Royal Palace? :D

Just Philippe/Mathilde and their children,King Albert and Queen Paola live at Chateau du Belvédère.
Queen Fabiola resides at Château du Stuyvenberg.

Not sure where Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz reside.

Last edited:
Astrid and Lorenz live at Villa Schonenberg, which is near to the Castle of Stuyvenberg.

I attach a map of the park of Laeken, where you can see where the four royal residences are exactly.

Attachments

• Laeken.JPG
    Laeken.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 11,090

\
Yes, Philippe and Mathilde and their family occupy Laeken Palace. Other members of the royal family have their own residences. His parents have always lived at the Belvedere Palace even though it is usual for Belgian monarchs to live at Laeken.
Why do you find it so odd that a young, well educated bachelor prince would have wanted his own apartment in the capital? It would seem an extremely normal and usual thing for a young man to want to do. Not an act of desperation at all.

Just wondering where Laurent and Claire live? They seem the odd ones out not living close by to the rest of the family.

Astrid and Lorenz live at Villa Schonenberg, which is near to the Castle of Stuyvenberg.

I attach a map of the park of Laeken, where you can see where the four royal residences are exactly.

Thanks MAfan ,I guess I should have looked in the Belgian Royal Residence thread!

\
Yes, Philippe and Mathilde and their family occupy Laeken Palace. Other members of the royal family have their own residences. His parents have always lived at the Belvedere Palace even though it is usual for Belgian monarchs to live at Laeken.
Why do you find it so odd that a young, well educated bachelor prince would have wanted his own apartment in the capital? It would seem an extremely normal and usual thing for a young man to want to do. Not an act of desperation at all.

Thanks for the info! and the "desperate" part was meant as a joke, hence the :D :p

And where do Princess Maria Laura and William Isvy live?
And Prince Joachim?

And where do Princess Maria Laura and William Isvy live?
And Prince Joachim?

Maria Laura and William continue to live in London. I am not sure about Joachim. His LinkedIn-profile still states Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA - but he finished his MBA, so no need to linger around. I wonder whether he moved to Switzerland to work at his father's bank - just like his brother Amedeo.

Back
Top Bottom