The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #21  
Old 07-26-2013, 06:46 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 18,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by leidi View Post
Do Philippe and Mathilde live just with the kids in Laeken? no other member of the RF lives there?

And was Philippe that desperate to get out of his parents' house that he went to the huge and cold Royal Palace?
Just Philippe/Mathilde and their children,King Albert and Queen Paola live at Chateau du Belvédère.
Queen Fabiola resides at Château du Stuyvenberg.

Not sure where Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz reside.
__________________

__________________
5th of January,1589-Death of Catherine de Médicis,Queen and Regent of France
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-26-2013, 10:11 AM
MAfan's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: N/A, Italy
Posts: 5,830
Astrid and Lorenz live at Villa Schonenberg, which is near to the Castle of Stuyvenberg.

I attach a map of the park of Laeken, where you can see where the four royal residences are exactly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Laeken.JPG
Views:	4173
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	289775  
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-26-2013, 02:46 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto (ON) & London (UK), Canada
Posts: 5,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by leidi View Post
Do Philippe and Mathilde live just with the kids in Laeken? no other member of the RF lives there?

And was Philippe that desperate to get out of his parents' house that he went to the huge and cold Royal Palace?
\
Yes, Philippe and Mathilde and their family occupy Laeken Palace. Other members of the royal family have their own residences. His parents have always lived at the Belvedere Palace even though it is usual for Belgian monarchs to live at Laeken.
Why do you find it so odd that a young, well educated bachelor prince would have wanted his own apartment in the capital? It would seem an extremely normal and usual thing for a young man to want to do. Not an act of desperation at all.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-26-2013, 05:31 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,647
Just wondering where Laurent and Claire live? They seem the odd ones out not living close by to the rest of the family.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-26-2013, 05:50 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 18,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAfan View Post
Astrid and Lorenz live at Villa Schonenberg, which is near to the Castle of Stuyvenberg.

I attach a map of the park of Laeken, where you can see where the four royal residences are exactly.
Thanks MAfan ,I guess I should have looked in the Belgian Royal Residence thread!
__________________
5th of January,1589-Death of Catherine de Médicis,Queen and Regent of France
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 07-26-2013, 06:24 PM
leidi's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: ...., United Arab Emirates
Posts: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
\
Yes, Philippe and Mathilde and their family occupy Laeken Palace. Other members of the royal family have their own residences. His parents have always lived at the Belvedere Palace even though it is usual for Belgian monarchs to live at Laeken.
Why do you find it so odd that a young, well educated bachelor prince would have wanted his own apartment in the capital? It would seem an extremely normal and usual thing for a young man to want to do. Not an act of desperation at all.
Thanks for the info! and the "desperate" part was meant as a joke, hence the
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-27-2013, 09:20 AM
MAfan's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: N/A, Italy
Posts: 5,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Just wondering where Laurent and Claire live? They seem the odd ones out not living close by to the rest of the family.
They live at Villa Clémentine, in Tervuren, a municipality near to Bruxelles.

Here is the thread about Villa Clémentine:
Villa Clementine, Tervuren
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Where do they live? Helena Dutch Royal Residences 18 01-03-2018 11:44 AM
Live From St. Louis QueenBlanche1st Member Introductions 1 11-28-2007 11:47 PM




Popular Tags
birthday carl gustaf chris o'neill crown princess mary crown princess victoria current events denmark duke of edinburgh europe family fascism general news hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume historical infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta sofia iñaki urdangarín james bond king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein lord snowdon monarchy news opening of parliament prince alexander prince carl philip prince daniel prince emmanuel prince felix prince gabriel prince harry prince nicholas prince oscar prince philip princess beatrice princess claire of luxembourg princess eleonore princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess of asturias princess sofia princess victoria prince william queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen margerthe queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima daytime fashion queenmother queen silvia smith spanish royal family events state visit stephanie succession sweden swedish royal family united kingdom victoria



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:56 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018
Jelsoft Enterprises