The Royal Palace, Brussels

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I went into the Royal Palace two weeks ago at 6 pm for a Reception.
If you are in Brussels please go , it is a must , entrance free , and high Security. The Palace is open to the Public until 11 ? of September , closed on Monday and attention last entrance at about 16 pm.
You can buy a lot of postcards , books etc...

Its free all summer but does that change after summer is over?

After Summer the Palace is closed. The King is back to work...
Each year from 25/11 (after National ay) until after the first week of September.

I take it that the RF do not use it during the summer months.

I take it that the RF do not use it during the summer months.

the royal family only uses it as an "office" and there's no official activity at this time of the year. They are likely to start working again in a couple of weeks.

I went there 3 days ago and it’s exquisite!! I also saw the Dutch palace but this one is so much prettier!! Such a pity no one lives there

What a very cool PR move of the King and his team!

The Royal Palace will be open for the public again from July 23 to August 29. This year the Hall of Mirrors, the Great Gallery, the Throne Room and the two White Rooms as well as the garden behind the Royal Palace can be seen, the Palace has shared a small gallery for the announcement:

** instagram gallery ** twitter post **

Last edited:
As part of @brightbrussels, a spectacular video mapping can be seen on the facade of the Royal Palace from tonight. The fifth edition of the Brussels Light Festival runs until 6 November, from 7 pm to 11 pm.⁣

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVk5uz1suGX/

A magnificent Christmas tree against the majestic palace backdrop.

Saturday Evening I was invited by my Royal Association for a Nocturne at the Royal Palace. There are 3 exhibtions but at the salle du trone is ours. Private items of King Baudouin sych as his glasses , letters ,pictures , presents etc...; This has been possible because Queen Fabiola conservated all her husbands items.
This year if you want to visit the Royal Palace open until beginning september but closed on Monday . you have to make a Reservation . Entrance Free.

Hope you enjoyed the exhibition at the Palace :previous:

This year's Christmas tree has been placed in front of the Palace in Brussels and some photos have been shared today:

** Pic ** instagram gallery **

A confused woman was found sleeping in a bed in the Royal Palace last night. She was arrested and brought to a hospital where they are applying for admission to a psychiatric clinic.

See NOS (in Dutch).

While the royal family wasn't present, this of course raises questions about the palace's security arrangements.

How bizarre. Do the rf live in the palace?

And now I know that the Dutch for "in bed" is "in bed" .:D

How bizarre. Do the rf live in the palace?

And now I know that the Dutch for "in bed" is "in bed" .:D

No, they live at Laeken Palace.

But still: WHAT THE HELL!

A confused woman was found sleeping in a bed in the Royal Palace last night. She was arrested and brought to a hospital where they are applying for admission to a psychiatric clinic.

See NOS (in Dutch).

While the royal family wasn't present, this of course raises questions about the palace's security arrangements.

This is strange and bizarre. How did this woman get into the palace? It is a very serious security breach! :ermm:

An update on the renovation works has been released today:

You may have already noticed... the renovation work 👀 🔨 on the front facade of the Royal Palace is almost complete!But the renovation of the other facades of the palace continues. 💪

An update on the renovation works has been released today:

An ongoing battle against the elements with older buildings but wonderful to see facade renovations are nearing completion.

Back
Top Bottom