The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-16-2006, 06:13 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I actually visited the royal palace in Brussels once (and for free). The throneroom and ballroom took my breath away: all those chandeleers and all that gold! Exactly how a royal palace should be. I also liked the modern green ceiling that was recently made by an artist (I believe under strong approval of Queen Paola) and the marble fireplaces & the amazing vases.

Old 09-18-2006, 07:03 PM
Commoner

would anybody have a floorplan of the Royal Palace in Brussels!..

Old 07-14-2008, 03:15 AM
Majesty

The Royal Palace,Brussels,will be opened to the public during the annual summer opening from july 25th till september 7th,admission is free,
and you can visit the exhibition `Science at the Palace" that will be opened this week by HRH The Duke of Brabant.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
and you can visit the exhibition `Science at the Palace" that will be opened this week by HRH The Duke of Brabant.
The 18th, to be exact.
The visit sure is worth it, so anyone who can should go!
Old 06-25-2009, 08:00 PM
Courtier

What a beautiful building!
Old 06-26-2009, 03:58 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
I actually visited the royal palace in Brussels once (and for free). The throneroom and ballroom took my breath away: all those chandeleers and all that gold! Exactly how a royal palace should be. I also liked the modern green ceiling that was recently made by an artist (I believe under strong approval of Queen Paola) and the marble fireplaces & the amazing vases.

A very small piece of that ceiling is made by Queen Paola. She made a "P" near one of the doors.
I saw it when I visited the palace a few years ago. According Jean Fabre [the artist who made the ceiling] she had glue everywhere but did a good job.
I like the ceiling, but I don't no if I like the green chandelier
Old 06-26-2009, 04:29 PM

The chandelier did seem a bit too much to me, tbh. But the effect of that ceiling, it's just... wow...
Too bad taking pics isn't allowed
Old 07-03-2009, 04:17 AM
Majesty

The Royal Palace will be opened again for the public from july 26th till september 13th,every day except mondays from 10.30AM till 16.30PM.

HM The King will open the Science at the Palace exhibition on july 20th.
Old 08-08-2009, 03:46 AM
Aristocracy

Would they be allowed to live there as well if they wanted? Also, does anyone have a picture of the palace the king lives at? I think it's called Belvedere and I couldn't find it on google.
Old 08-08-2009, 06:03 AM

I'm not sure if it is suited as a place to live, SpeedDial. Of course you don't see the entire building when you go there and take the tour, but it seems to me that it would mostly be used as "office" for the King and official reception place for Ambassadors, and other government representatives (since it's in the middle of Brussels it's easy to reach).

I think the location is also not so ideal. I'm sure they prefer the lush green grounds of the Laeken domain over the grey stones of the centre of Brussels.

There's a thread with pics of the Belvedere here
Old 08-08-2009, 01:00 PM
Aristocracy

Thank you for posting those pictures LadyLeana. It's a nice home, but smaller than what I thought it would be. I guess when I think of royalty, I automatically think of huge palaces as being their homes.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Is the palace this year also open to the public? I am going to travel to Brussels in August, and I want to visit the palace!
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:08 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
Is the palace this year also open to the public? I am going to travel to Brussels in August, and I want to visit the palace!
Monday 26th July 2010 - Sunday 5th September 2010.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Is the admission free?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:14 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
Is the admission free?
Yes the admisson is free. But unfortunately there are also no audio gudies or guided tours probably because it's free entrance. You can however buy guide books and postcards in the Entrance Hall of the Palace.
Also worth a Visit is the Bellevue Museum next to the Palace.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 08-25-2010, 07:14 AM
Aristocracy

Less than 2 weeks left for a visit to the royal palace. If one of you is at close quarters, I can only recommend it. The renovated rooms look superb and the newly acquired art by Michaël Borremans suits the palace well. Great idea to portrait the lackeys.

Picture details
Picture details

Video clip of the opening back in July.
Videozone
Old 08-15-2011, 10:05 AM
Commoner

picture gallery of the open palace days. The palace can be visited till spetember 11th
Visite du Palais Royal
Old 05-17-2013, 05:53 AM
Commoner

Yesterday a massive hole appeared out of nowhere in front of the royal palace in Brussels.
http://i43.tinypic.com/2z8aq1e.jpg
Thankfully nobody was injured, the waterpipeline to the palace is damaged tough. It's the street where the parade on national day takes place and during receptions the place is used as car park. A spokesperson of Brussels' administration admitted that the street was in very bad condition and they will fix it now.
Weg zakt in aan koninklijk paleis (Brussel) - Het Nieuwsblad
Old 05-17-2013, 06:32 AM
Commoner

Picture gallery
BelgaPicture - Category details
Old 05-17-2013, 06:12 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Is it known what did cause the hole?

Tags
brussels, palace