Castle Ciergnon, Houyet

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cathérine Bergeyck

Heir Presumptive
The Belgian RF also ownes the castle of Ciergnon in the belgian ardennes. It used to be their hunting residence. Now the family goes their often on weekends.

There's also a chapel on the domaine of the castle, that the RF uses. Princess Elisabeth and prince Gabriel were baptised there.

Attachments

• ciergnon00.jpg
    ciergnon00.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 1,457
  • ciergnon01.jpg
    ciergnon01.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 1,510
Last edited:
The castle of Ciergnon and it's private chapel, where Elisabeth and Gabriël were baptized.

Attachments

• ciergnon.jpg
    ciergnon.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 1,418
  • chapel.jpg
    chapel.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 611
It was interesting to learn that Ciergnon Castle was the location where Fabiola was presented to the press upon her engagement to King Baudouin in 1960.
A grand castle setting for a grand Queen-to-be!!

What an absolutely gorgeous place Ciergnon Castle is. I love the setting as well. Interesting that it was once a hunting lodge.

For some reason the Castle’s chapel looks extremely old to me, I mean medieval, perhaps because of the extremely small windows. They wouldn’t be letting in much light!

At first, it looked fantastic for Mathilde to have such a home; but, the footage showed that it's in the middle of nowhere and the chapel does not appear to be near to the chateau. There's a driveway a million miles long and there seems to be a small town fairly nearby. Thus, it looks too remote to be a fun place to be.

For some reason the Castle’s chapel looks extremely old to me, I mean medieval, perhaps because of the extremely small windows. They wouldn’t be letting in much light!

If memory serves, at least two of Philippe and Mathilde's children were baptized at the Royal Chapel at Ciergnon.

I agree that it looks quite ancient!

Back
Top Bottom