Where will Victoria & Daniel live after their marriage?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josefine

Majesty
Country
Sweden
when victoria at one point will start a family where do you think she will live

do you think the king and queen will move to the The Royal Palace
and victoria with family will stay ay Drottningholm Palace

somthing like they did in norway The crown prince with family took over Skaugum after his parents and they moved to The Royal Palace

Ulriksdal is a possibility but she would have to make some deals with the various current occupants and change the times when the palace is open but that is a lovely palace so it would be worth it.

Here are a few more of the Palace.

What do you think of the haga palace then? It´s empty and it´s close to the city... But it´s not as nice as ulriksdal, but it has some history, the king grew up there so maybe that could be an alternative, what do you think?

Originally posted by rop81@May 5th, 2004 - 3:45 pm
What do you think of the haga palace then? It´s empty and it´s close to the city... But it´s not as nice as ulriksdal, but it has some history, the king grew up there so maybe that could be an alternative, what do you think?
That´s a nice place too. Yes, it could be a very nice place to live in as well and it does hold a special place for the family.

Where will Victoria live after her marriage?

This week's Svensk Damtidning writes that it has now been decided where Victoria and Daniel will live after they marry (remember folks, this is a weekly magazine, so things have to be taken with a pinch of salt, we don't know how true things are... although Svensk Damtidning is more reliable than the regular gossip rags, it doesn't mean they always know better).

They suggest that it has been decided that they will take over Villa Beylon after Princess Christina (the King's sister), who wants to move into a big apartment close to the Royal Palace (at the building at Slottbacken, where Prince Carl Philip lives) together with her husband Tord, sometimes next year. According to the magazine, they feel the house is now too big for them after all their children have moved away from home.

Villa Beylon is situated close to Ulriksdal Palace in Solna in Stockholm County, it's situated beautifully in the nature and has a big park and garden around it. If they will marry and would move there, I wonder about the security at the villa... Today it's not good at all, and even if the security police would put up fences and arrange for better security, it still lies close to the Confidence theatre where people attend theatre in the summers, and it has some houses close to it where people live. So they would have to put up a big fence which one can't see through, otherwise people could just stand there and stare (not me though :D)

thank you so much for that report
i understand if christina and her husband what to live in a smaller place but would that villa be the best place for victoria and future husband

Josefine said:
i understand if christina and her husband what to live in a smaller place but would that villa be the best place for victoria and future husband
Well personally I'd prefer if Victoria would to move into one of the palaces with her future husband, and start a family there... But I can also understand that a young and growing family (which they would then be) may want to live in a more modern and homey environment. But we'll see, the future will tell...

I was wondering if there has been any talk in Sweden about where CP Victoria will live after she marries? Maybe some of this forum's member might have their own guess, too.

Lyle said:
I was wondering if there has been any talk in Sweden about where CP Victoria will live after she marries? Maybe some of this forum's member might have their own guess, too.
there has been speculations that she will live in Villa Beylon at Ulriksdal Palace, former home of princess Christina and her family

I know the thought of Lilian not being around is awful, I think she's the most adorable and cute princess, but if she died before Crown Princess Victoria got married they could most likely take over her house.

It would be almost like Crown Prince Frederik took over his grandmother's house.

Daneborn said:
I know the thought of Lilian not being around is awful, I think she's the most adorable and cute princess, but if she died before Crown Princess Victoria got married they could most likely take over her house.

It would be almost like Crown Prince Frederik took over his grandmother's house.
Prince Carl Philip inherited Villa Solbacken (the home of Princess Lilian) at the death of Prince Bertil, whom left it to him with his spouse's right to use it throughout her life.

So I think we're gonna have to look elsewhere for suggestions. Villa Beylon, the home of Princess Christina and her husband (who are moving out this year) has been one object of speculation in the press, but I'm sure there could be others as well.

wonder if stenhammar would become a summer palace for victorias future family

Josefine said:
wonder if stenhammar would become a summer palace for victorias future family
Perhaps when she is still a crown princess, but when she is Queen I think that she will live at Solliden during the summers.

A place for Victoria and Daniel

We do not know were they are gonna live
there is no real crown princess/crown prince palace in sweden

Villa Beylon has been talked about inthe media
Prins Daniels framtida slott – en rosa villa | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

what are you thoughts in the subject

the king and queen may move back to the royal castle and the crown princess couple will move to drottningholm, but i do not see the king living in the middle of the city....

Is this the place where they're going to live?I expected something different...hmmm,let's see what the other members have to say.

We do not know were they are gonna live
there is no real crown princess/crown prince palace in sweden

Villa Beylon has been talked about inthe media
Prins Daniels framtida slott – en rosa villa | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

what are you thoughts in the subject

the king and queen may move back to the royal castle and the crown princess couple will move to drottningholm, but i do not see the king living in the middle of the city....

What about Haga? The King grew up there....

Haga Palace doesn't belong to the Crown, but to the Government, so I don't think...

Well I don't know I don't really see The King and Queen moving from where they have lived for over 30 years. Why can't Victoria keep staying at her apartment at the Palace? I am sure it is big enough. Maybe they will move to the Royal Palace.

The apartment at Drottningholm is an 2 rooms apartment. Definitely too small for a young family.

Maybe the king and queen would leave and Victoria and Daniel would live at Drottningholm or all 3 generations would live in the main castle (not an good idea IMO ;) )

I don´t think, they would live in the Royal Palace of Stockholm. They both love nature. Victoria had lived there until 1981 and then her parents decided to move, because it wasn´t providing enough privacy and nature for the children.

I could imagine them living in some kind of villa at one of the Royal palaces. Villas like Villa Beylon, but as I´ve said yesterday mold and radon got detected in Villa Beylon and it got rented (or bought?) by Emma´s boss and he made it at least seem, as if he would wanna move there with his family after the renovations.

So everything seems open here. But just just as I´ve always said they would go for a "summer wedding", I´m also sure they will go for the "countryside"...

But won't Victoria need to be closer to Stockholm to carry out various appointments ??

. . . . . .Why can't Victoria keep staying at her apartment at the Palace? I am sure it is big enough. Maybe they will move to the Royal Palace.
It wouldn't matter if it was big enough to house an entire Battalion, living with the in-laws is a killer, especially within the Bernadotte family. :doh:

We've all heard about the "In-laws from Hell" . . . . . . :devil2: I am just guessing, but I don't think this marriage is exactly the one her parents had planned for her and, as they exert a very great degree of influence in every area of her life (moreso than her siblings) marriage is one area they definitely need to butt out of. :nonono:

Last edited:
Was any announcement where Daniel and Victoria will live after wedding?:ermm: Do Swedish royals have tradition of official announcing where senior royals like crown princes, kings etc. would live after wedding?

Any news what are their living arrangements after engagement. I guess Daniel will continue to like in his house near royal palace till wedding day...or will he move somewhere to palace apartments. I guess they continue to live officially separately till wedding.

They have enough time to build a modern house on the grounds of Drottningholm if they want to.

Sometimes I think if Carl XVI Gustav were to smile, his face would crack. Such a dour looking indavidual much of the time.

Though when he does smile, it looks quite forced and unnatural. Perhaps that's just his general disposition.

Would they not live at Drottningholm Palace? I
m sure there's enough room there for them to live, and their parents as well , and they'd never have to see each other if they chose not to. It seems like duty calls her there often enough that it's where Victoria should be- or very nearby. I think the future queen of Sweden shouldn't looking to build a modern home on the palace grounds. I think it could be very tacky there. But then, I am an old-world lover, and I like palaces traditional.

I think the future queen of Sweden shouldn't looking to build a modern home on the palace grounds. I think it could be very tacky there. But then, I am an old-world lover, and I like palaces traditional.

True. The palace will lose it's magic if they build a modern home on the palace grounds. Anyway, Daniel is about to become a Prince of Sweden as spouse of The Crown Princess. I don't think he should have any special demands, including not living with in-laws :rolleyes:

Would they not live at Drottningholm Palace? I
m sure there's enough room there for them to live, and their parents as well , and they'd never have to see each other if they chose not to. It seems like duty calls her there often enough that it's where Victoria should be- or very nearby. I think the future queen of Sweden shouldn't looking to build a modern home on the palace grounds. I think it could be very tacky there. But then, I am an old-world lover, and I like palaces traditional.
Probably if Victoria and Daniel would also live in Drottningholm the Place would closed for the Public which would be sad as it's such a beautful place to vsist.
At the moment the one half of the Palace is open to the Public and the half where the King and Queen life is closed.

. . . . Anyway, Daniel is about to become a Prince of Sweden as spouse of The Crown Princess. I don't think he should have any special demands, including not living with in-laws :rolleyes:
Well he has been living on the "edge" of Victoria's public world, and within her private one. He has also lately moved into the grounds, so I don't think he is unaware of Victoria's destiny as he has had 8 years to get used to the idea.

The notion that not living with the in-laws is a "special demand" is surely putting it more than a little strongly. For the reasons earlier stated, and just like every other married couple, they need to live together on their own to have even an outside chance of establishing a marriage that will last.

To have a sucessful "Royal Marriage" requires a whole lot more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom