Where will Victoria & Daniel live after their marriage?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know. If they were to share the palace, they could certainly go days without ever running into one-another. I don't begrudge them a "nest" of their own, but it doesn't seem to me like they should need it to have a successful marriage. If they are in love, accommodations should be trivial at best.

I think Villa Beylon is quite small and moderate for a Crown Princess. 400 square meters and twelve rooms isn't very large and I know since I've lived in a house that was 360 square meters. The mansion that was a stone's throw away was 600 sq. meters if I remember correctly - and this in a country that has considerably fewer mansions and villas and no royal family! I think Villa Beylon would be better for Madeleine perhaps.

I think that Ulriksdals Palace would be a great choice for Victoria and Daniel to live - it´s not that far from Stockholm so they can easy get to the office at the Royal Palace. It´s a fitting residence for the Crownprincesscouple... (that´s a long word... :lol:)

I think Villa Beylon is quite small and moderate for a Crown Princess. 400 square meters and twelve rooms isn't very large and I know since I've lived in a house that was 360 square meters. The mansion that was a stone's throw away was 600 sq. meters if I remember correctly - and this in a country that has considerably fewer mansions and villas and no royal family! I think Villa Beylon would be better for Madeleine perhaps.

Well, the average family home is more 120-160 square meters...so Villa Beylon is about 3 times as big...IMO more than enough for a small family.

I don´t think Victoria is the born "high profile housewife", who would ask for new flowers in 20 of 100 rooms every second day, who would take months to choose wallpapers, who would tell an armada of cleaning ladies to polish the sterling silver and to dry-clean 30 carpets all couple of weeks.

Villa Beylon or other villas of this kind could be kept "private"...with Ulriksdal, this would be more difficult.

For me everything boils down to Drottningholm or a villa like Beylon...

400 square meters isn't that big, especially if it has 12 rooms, they must be very small rooms. I'm use to using feet measurements, and 400 square meters is about 4,300 square feet, and that's not that big. I've seen a 4,000+ sq ft (or 370+ square meter) house and while is roomy for a family of with three or four kids, it isn't that big.

While usually I would never think it would be a good idea to live with your in laws, the Drottningholm is big enough that they wouldn't be constantly running into each other. It wouldn't be the idea choice but it could work.

I think the Ulriksadal would be a much better fit, but isn't it open to the public for part of the year? That would make it, at least partly a museum. Aren't all the palace function as museums in some way at this point? Not a lot of choices.

400 square meters isn't that big, especially if it has 12 rooms, they must be very small rooms. I'm use to using feet measurements, and 400 square meters is about 4,300 square feet, and that's not that big. I've seen a 4,000+ sq ft (or 370+ square meter) house and while is roomy for a family of with three or four kids, it isn't that big.

While usually I would never think it would be a good idea to live with your in laws, the Drottningholm is big enough that they wouldn't be constantly running into each other. It wouldn't be the idea choice but it could work.

I think the Ulriksadal would be a much better fit, but isn't it open to the public for part of the year? That would make it, at least partly a museum. Aren't all the palace function as museums in some way at this point? Not a lot of choices.

Ulriksdal Palace is open to the Public. I visited it 3 years ago and there where a lot of people in the OParc. A part of the Castle is used by the WWF. I think there would have a lot of renovations if this should be the home of Victoria and Daniel. They last royals who used it where King Gustaf VI. Adolf and Queen Louise in summer.

How about the Tullgarn Palace?

Tullgarn Palace - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Tullgarns slott - Wikimedia Commons

As I've understood it, it's not in use right now and it is only an hour's drive from Stockholm. King Gustav V and Queen Victoria(!) used it as their summer palace.

I think the Rosendal palace is quite lovely and not far from the Royal Palace, but I'm not sure that would work.
Flickr: PhillyFoto's stuff tagged with rosendalpalace

Ulriksdal is probably the most likely place. If the couple move to Villa Beylon, I don't think it is meant as a permanent arrangement since the place hardly is a fitting place for the future monarch. It would be a bit difficult to organize the needed security arrangements etc. there. One would also think that the house the couple will live in, is not only their home but it would also be used when hosting dinner parties etc. (like Drottningholm). The situation might change if the King and Queen retire some day and move to one of their palaces thus handing Drottningholm over to Victoria and Daniel but I doubt that would happen any time soon.

i wonder how long we will wait until we know.

i think its somewhere its hidden away from the public...

Svensk Damtidning claims to know now in their latest issue where the couple is going to live. Has anyone read it and what did it say? At the moment I'm placing my bets on Ulriksdal.

Ulriksdal is it "hidden" from the public.
is there any good map how its planned out`
How big is the house of Hakoon and Mette-marit?

'Svensk Damtidning' doesn't have a clue - they just put a headline on the cover claiming otherwise.
The article contains nothing new, only the same speculation as in this topic here.

I actually thought the same when I read the article. It's not the first time they claim to know something and write about it without even saying anything. The guesses here are just as good as theirs.

do you thin we will know were they will live before 2010?
if there will be renovation it could take time

and if they can´t find anything among the places they have
they may take look at sigtuna Wenngarn Castle is for sale
http://www2.residence.se/default.aspx?GOTO=pages/main.aspxhttp://www.hemnet.se/beskrivning/hemnet/384916
from hemnet

or
Morsta "mansion" herggård
http://www2.residence.se/default.aspx?GOTO=pages/main.aspx

Norrtuna Catle
http://www2.residence.se/default.aspx?GOTO=pages/main.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom