Storlien, Jämtland

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Josefine

Majesty
Country
Sweden
Storlien

Storlien is the private winter residence of the King of Sweden.
Storlien is located in the Åre municipality of Jämtland; close to the Swedish-Norwegian border.

Last edited by a moderator:
my first day as a member on this MB.

excellent layout and content.

I see that in addition to the more important slotts in Stockholm like Drottningholm, Kungliga Slott, you also make reference to Solliden. How about Storlein?? Has that place been discussed in the past, and how might I find it? Or will be 'opened' any time soon?

Thanks,
and best regards

Do you mean the royal familys cottage in Storlien? Its a private cottage and its not opened to the public in any way...

Here´s a picture of the royal family outside thier house in Storlien.

Attachments

• namnl_s.jpg
    namnl_s.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 1,693
First off, sorry that I spelled Storlien wrong. :eek:

That place looks newer then I would have supposed. It has - in my eyes - that classic Swedish weekend vacation home look, which is almost ageless.

Any more pictures of it? Seeing that Storlien is almost at the border with Norway, is this place within 100 metres of the border? :blink:

Also: how come the Norwegian royal family has about an equal number of approximately 3 to 4 private and official residences each, and the Swedish royal family - being in a larger country and supposedly richer - makes do with only one private residence? :innocent:

A further query to the current building of 1996 vintage ..... it was my impression that the Royal Family has been coming to Storlien for years. And using a lodge that the King inherited. What happened, therefore, with the predecessor place?

hrhcp said:
Also: how come the Norwegian royal family has about an equal number of approximately 3 to 4 private and official residences each, and the Swedish royal family - being in a larger country and supposedly richer - makes do with only one private residence

The royal family has one more cottage, in Tärnaby I think. And king Carl Gustaf owns Solliden on Öland aswell.
But all the other palaces, like Drottningholm, is owned by the state.

hrhcp said:
it was my impression that the Royal Family has been coming to Storlien for years. And using a lodge that the King inherited. What happened, therefore, with the predecessor place?
I dont know if I understood your question correct, but this is the place that have been the skiing home for the family for years. The king went there when he was a crown prince to...

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know if I understood your question correct, but this is the place that have been the skiing home for the family for years. The king went there when he was a crown prince to...

Actually, I misread your earlier answer of 1996. I thought that was when the house was built, and then it occurred to me that was the date of the photograph.

By the way, how do you know all this? Thank you all the same.

Ok, now I understand =)

How do I know all this? Well, after beeing interrested in the royal family for many years I´ve learn a lot of things about them...

Here´s a picture of the royal family outside thier house in Storlien.

Yennie .... if I may ask, what is the link to that picture?

Yennie .... if I may ask, what is the link to that picture?
I had it on my computer... I dont know where you can find it online...

I was afraid you were going to say that. (But if one doesn't ask ...)

do tehy still have the cottage
how big is it and are there more photos of it?

Back
Top Bottom