The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-16-2005, 08:15 AM
Majesty

Stenhammar, Flen

how is it with stenhammar
in a book about silvia it says they have it as a retreat (madeleine is yet not born when this book is written)
are they using it still
also tullgarn is mentioned but they like stenhammar better for get a way weekends

Old 02-16-2005, 08:15 AM
Majesty

Stenhammar Castle, Flen

Stenhammar Castle

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q...ott_sommar.jpg

Stenhammar Castle is a current residence of the King of Sweden, who rented it out from the Swedish Government in 1965 when they took over ownership of the Castle.
Stenhammar Castle is located in Södermanland, just outside of Flen.

Stenhammars Godsförvaltning
(Thank you Franz for the link!)

Old 03-30-2005, 03:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
how is it with stenhammar
in a book about silvia it says they have it as a retreat (madeleine is yet not born when this book is written)
are they using it still
also tullgarn is mentioned but they like stenhammar better for get a way weekends
I actually live quite near Stenhammar Castle! I have never seen any royal there myself, but i know many people that have met the king and queen when they have strolled the grounds. But they are almost never there, not even once a year... it´s a shame i think. The castle just lie there not open to the puplic, they can´t open it beacuse of the will that says who is to have right to use the castle.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Stenhammars%20slott%20och%20mur.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	267231  
Old 03-31-2005, 08:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rop81
I actually live quite near Stenhammar Castle! I have never seen any royal there myself, but i know many people that have met the king and queen when they have strolled the grounds. But they are almost never there, not even once a year... it´s a shame i think. The castle just lie there not open to the puplic, they can´t open it beacuse of the will that says who is to have right to use the castle.
I absolutely agree! It's such a shame, Stenhammar seems to be such a wonderful place, an excellent get-away retreat place!

But I also think it's a shame that they don't use much of the other Royal Palaces either, when the royal children were younger they used to spend time at Tullgarn Palace (I think it was) for ex around Christmas time - but now they just stick to their home (Drottningholm) and their workplace (the Royal Palace of Stockholm)…
Old 01-16-2006, 08:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Stenhammar Palace

Picture from the newspaper Katrineholmskuriren
Old 01-16-2006, 04:56 PM
Courtier

According to some people in the area where I live (near Stenhammar) the King was here about a week ago, at Stenhammar to inspect a building site. And he was apparently in a very good mood asking a lot of questions.
Old 03-09-2006, 09:54 AM

Is Stenhammer(sp?) Palace a Swedish royal residence?
Old 03-09-2006, 12:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
Is Stenhammer(sp?) Palace a Swedish royal residence?
It's not mentioned as a Royal Palace along with the other official Royal Residences that one can find on the official website, so it's not counted along with the other official Royal Residences, but Stenhammar is a residence of the King (by lease from the State in accordance with the testament and last will of the last private owner) and as such it's of course also some kind of "Royal Residence".
Old 04-09-2009, 07:19 AM
Majesty

i what i understamd it will only go to a male heir
so it will be carl philips later on

a other photo from expressen
http://www.expressen.se/polopoly_fs/...3447786819.jpg

Ökenäs

Carl philip has been given this "farm" dues to Bertil Jonsén will.
Bertil is not close to the royal family but have met them due to his military background..
'
what is known about this farm

photo from expressen
http://www.kvp.se/polopoly_fs/1.1363...3447786819.jpg
Old 02-29-2012, 11:55 AM
Gentry

The king is interested in farming and is breeding cows at Stenhammar.

Stenhammar castle and the estate of about 2000 hectares land was donated to the state by a private person who decided that it could only be rented by a prince of Sweden with preference to the duke of Sörmland. Since the annual rent was set in the will it is now very favourable.

Before the king, prince Wilhelm used Stenhammar as his residence. People say the reason he did not marry his lady was that by loosing his title he would also loose Stenhammar.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Keeper of the Privy Purse Jan Lindman from the court told in last week's Svensk Damtidning, that after the renovation of Stenhammar Castle last year, a lot of private furniture was taken there. The royal family has a lot of personal property we are trying to use, tells Lindman. Nowadays the Castle has been divided into two sections: at the first there is the private area and also the partly private area, which can be used for representation, just like at Haga. At the other part there is the office of Stenhammars Godsförvaltning and room for the researchers from the University of the Agricultural Sciences. Lindman says that there hasn't been made any decision when Carl Philip will get the lease of Stenhammar or move there.

Tags
castles, residences, sweden, swedish royal history