Solliden Palace, Öland

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Josefine

Majesty
Country
Sweden
Solliden Palace

Solliden, an Italian-style white palace, was built by Queen Victoria of Sweden in 1903 and completed in 1906, and is still used as a summer residence by the Swedish Royal Family.
Solliden Palace is located on the island of Öland, in southern Sweden.
There is a tradition of passing the Palace down through the senior royals/monarchs of the country, while still allowing use of the Palace to other members of the Royal Family.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Solliden Palace

solliden.jpg

solliden.jpg

bild_olan_01.jpg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 5,581
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 5,458
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 6,848
colourpress.com

the sea-pavillon at the summer residence

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 5,313
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 5,332
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 5,305
colourpress.com

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 5,347
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 5,177
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 8,203
so who has visit Solliden?

I have! Very nice place. I can see why the rf like it! The park is wonderful!
Thanks for posting the pics of the sea-pavillon, I´ve never seen it from the air before

I visited Solliden yesterday. It was a beautiful park.. as usual =)
And this years show about King Carl Gustafs 30 years as king of Sweden was very interesting. Many never before seen pictures and fun items. Worth seeing!

Unfortunately I missed the royals by minutes =( It would have been nice to see them..
but other than that it was a great day!

Hi Yennie! Which members of the royal Family are at Solliden at the moment? :flower:

I´m not sure.. I think the royal couple are in St Maxime and someone on this board saw Princess Madeleine in Stockholm a few days ago.. so maybe Carl Philip and Victoria?

EDIT: Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine are all in Sweden at the moment and they attended their friend Andreas wedding on saturday the 9th of august.

Here´s some of my pictures of Solliden

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 1,138
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 782
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 734
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 734
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 984
Also: how come the Norwegian royal family has about an equal number of approximately 3 to 4 private and official residences each, and the Swedish royal family - being in a larger country and supposedly richer - makes do with only one private residence

The royal family has one more cottage, in Tärnaby I think. And king Carl Gustaf owns Solliden on Öland aswell.
But all the other palaces, like Drottningholm, is owned by the state.

Thank you for correcting me on the ownership of Solliden. And what is the correct spelling "Solliden" or "Soliden"?

It´s amazing... very "summerish" =)
I can understand why the royal family loves Solliden so much

Yennie,
very nice pictures.

any idea what the inside looks like?

Haakon2

ps: I think even the broom closet would be nice to stay in.

Very few pictures of Solliden from the inside has been released. I´ve only seen two of them. I´ve seen a picture of the dining room and one of the main hall...
I know that the house has an "english style". Its very dark and "woody" (can´t remember the word in english!)
Its all designed by Queen Victoria in the early 1900´s

will solliden be given to Victoria or also to Carl Philip and Madeleine?

I think it will go to Victoria, since its tradition that the monarch(?!) lives there.
Just like the King owns it today instead of his older sisters

I wonder, if Solliden is registered in the land charge register as "castle"??...to me it looks more like a big country house or a Villa...

I agree. But the "officiall" name is Sollidens slott (Solliden castle/palace)
But maybe it would be more right to call it a mansion or something like that...

It does look like a villa. Kind of like La Zarzuela Palace which used to be a hunting lodge and looks more like a villa than a palace.

imo, too bad its not at the north or south end of Gotland .... imagine the secludedness, the wide expanse of beach and hinterland, the waves lapping and conflicting as does the wind.

BTW how big is the land called Solliden ? How many hectares?
And is it fenced off from other properties on the land side?

Yes it is... and parts of the garden are private and the visitors are not allowed to go there.

That's too bad Yennie .... you couldn't sneak in with your camera, and we were so counting on you. :p

Here´s some pictures "from the inside" as we talked about before in the Solliden thread.
enjoy ;)

Yennie said:
Here´s some pictures "from the inside" as we talked about before in the Solliden thread.
enjoy ;)
ps, sorry about the crappy quality, but hey, better than nothing!
Thank you very much for posting this, Yennie :flower: Are these pics vid-caps?

Isn´t the beach house the "summer-home" of Victoria (& Daniel)? I mean is it true, that Victoria lives there or is there, when she (& Daniel) want(s) to be alone?

well, its not really vid caps. I took pictures of the tv screen with my digital camera.

I know that the rf spends a lot of time there but I´m not sure if one can sleep over in the beach house. But if so, I´m sure the princesses and the prince use it sometimes :p

Well, it seems to be a quite big beach house (it even looks bigger than the lodge/cottage in Storlien)...so there´s a high chance that there are rooms, where one can sleep (of course only sleeping and watching TV or playing chess, talking about god and the world... :p )

BTW an very clever idea to photograph the TV-screen!!

Thanks so much for the great pics, Yennie! :flower: May I ask what programme those images where shown on, and was it long ago? I must have missed it... Or is it from a video perhaps? *curious me* :p

Great photos of Sölliden. I look forward to seeing more of it sometime.

Back
Top Bottom