Rosendal Palace was built in the 1820s by architect Frederik Blom for King Karl XIV Johan, the first Bernadotte.
The Palace lies on the grounds of the Djurgården Hunting Park.
The Palace was intended to be an escape for the Royal Family from the formalities of court life at the Royal Palace in Stockholm.
It was informative to learn that Fredrik Lidstromer was the primary architect of the construction of the first Rosendal Palace.
After the original palace burned down in 1819, Lidstromer created the initial drawings for the second Rosendal Palace.