Drottningholm Palace, Stockholm

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On this picture you can see where Crown Princess Victoria's "Sjöflygeln" (the Sea Wing) is located at Drottningholm. Clip from Svensk Damtidning.

Attachments

• Sjöflygelns placering.jpg
    Sjöflygelns placering.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 777
Tonight a show called "Kalla fakta" made a programme about the King and his estate affairs. A little critical but still very neutral I think...

they talked about how the king has done very sucessful affairs, selling property to his own company and then sell it again and because of that he didn´t had to pay any taxes.

I took some caps of the show, very beautiful photos of the castles taken from some angles I had never seen before...

all caps from Kalla Fakta on Tv 4

Drottningholm

Here a photo of Drottningholm palace from a different view. You can see the royal family´s private "garden" and their boat...

its a very pretty home I must say :)

photo from eniro

Yennie; about the satellite pic of Drottningholm:
I believe when we commoners approach Drottningholm we walk from the upper right corner ?? It would mean the private part of the castle is the lower quadrant, close to the boat, and also close to the seawing, where Victoria lives. Also, if you check closely to the right side of the inner garden within the lower quadrant I believe I can see a swimming pool.

If I'm not mistaken the swimming pool was the people's gift to Queen Silvia when she turned 50 or 40.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was fortunate when attending a conference in Stockholm to go on a tour of the old town,the royal palace,and Drottingholm Palace. The tour guides joked that the royal family of the time bought all the Baroque furniture when the styles changed in France. What was great to see was the untouched style and most of all,the efforts made to preserve the fabrics and buildings. The theatre at Drottnigholm was marvelous.

Daneborn said:
I believe when we commoners approach Drottningholm we walk from the upper right corner ?? It would mean the private part of the castle is the lower quadrant, close to the boat, and also close to the seawing, where Victoria lives. Also, if you check closely to the right side of the inner garden within the lower quadrant I believe I can see a swimming pool.
Yes, that's correct. And since the whole "terrace" thing in front of the palace is closed off, it's very hard to get any hints on how their private outdoors area is. But I'm sure it's very beautiful and lovely, one can imagine so with the little "bathing house" they have and the boat docked there and all, and when the children were younger they played in a sandbox just outside (in the private parts of the court yard I believe). One can of course walk in that direction in the park, but one can't get very close or see much either (believe me, I've tried :D )

The parts that are open to the public are quite limited as well though. There are many rooms that we don't have any access too and which the royals themselves are only allowed to be in and use.

Hello! I have heard that Sweden royal family lives in Drottningholm and this castle and parks are opened for public all time. I'm just curious how royal family gets their privacy when they walk in the garden example? And also I would like know how far from old town Drottningholm is?

Hello! I have heard that Sweden royal family lives in Drottningholm and this castle and parks are opened for public all time. I'm just curious how royal family gets their privacy when they walk in the garden example? And also I would like know how far from old town Drottningholm is?

I was there last year. If you come to the Castle you walk through the small Park before it until the stairs to the Main-Entrance, the other part is closed. The same behind the Castle the part direct before the Castle is all closed until the big fountain, from there the one side is open and the side where there is the Wing of the Royal Family is closed fo the Public.

Royal family privacy

I was there last year. If you come to the Castle you walk through the small Park before it until the stairs to the Main-Entrance, the other part is closed. The same behind the Castle the part direct before the Castle is all closed until the big fountain, from there the one side is open and the side where there is the Wing of the Royal Family is closed fo the Public.

Hi Stefan I am new in this Forum. Very interesting, by the way.
Drottninghlm Palace is my favorite palace in Europe! I have some questions about the privacy of the Royal Family. What happens if princess Victoria want to go from her personal house to the palace? the people would see her? there is any underground connection or something like that? there is any fence or wall which separate the familiar -private garden of the front terrace ? another questions: the main entrance for the public is at the lake side or at the garden side of the palace?Last question:do you know if the private wing begins in the half palace line or only the south inner court-yard building with the Dome-building?

Thanks Stefan!!

Beautiful palace! I think Drottningholm is my favorite!

Could anybody tell me where the family enters? It can't be the central block since they live near the small boat the king docks. What kind of boat this that anyway?

are there any pictures of their private bedrooms/living quarters? does Madeleine live here as well after her broken engagement? and where does Carl Philip live?

are there any pictures of their private bedrooms/living quarters? does Madeleine live here as well after her broken engagement? and where does Carl Philip live?
No there are no photos from their private part of the palace - i don´t think that they have ever shown that part of the palace to the media.
I guess that Madeleine livs in her apartment at the royal mews - where she and Jonas used to live. Carl-Philip i´m not sure about but i belive i´ve heard that he has an apartment in a building across the Royal Palace.

i think i once saw a picture of Victoria standing next to her giant four poster bed. But maybe its just my imagination:S. it was in a magazine...

I know which one your talking about, shes in a pink gown and tiara, so it wasn't your imagination. :lol: But I don't think it was her bed, but rather a room that was decided would make for a good photo.

Yes, that photo was a staged photo op in one of the historical bedrooms for an article in Vanity Fair about the younger generation of royals. Victoria is wearing the Baden Fringe tiara and a pink gown while leaning on what looks like a marble rail, behind which is the huge ornate bed. Victoria's pet dog is seated at her feet. In the same issue was a picture of Carl-Philip and Madeleine seated on ornate antique chairs outside somewhere (maybe in the gardens) but posed very casually (no tie for CP, Madde's feet up on the armrest of CP's chair).

Rascal

Those are the pics Lumutqueen...thanks for the links.:flowers:

Would anybody happen to know

What room Princess Madeleine was born in?
How many flights of stairs there are to the staircase?
Which door do they enter and leave through?

Just questions I've had in the back of my mind for a long while if anybody has the answers to.

I love this photograph of Drottningholm Palace because the clouds hovering directly over it are so lovely! (It's picture 9) The palace itself is truly one of the most beautiful and so are its gardens.

11 Famous Official Residences | Touropia

Back
Top Bottom