A Residence for Madeleine and Jonas

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Catharina

Courtier
City
none
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Where do you think Princess Madeleine and the future Duke Jonas will live after their wedding? Now that Victoria is moving to Haga Palace, will Madeleine get Villa Beylon or will she choose another palace like Tullgarn or Rosendal? Of course if you can think of another location where the couple might settle down that would be interesting to hear as well. :)

If we forget about the Swedish Royal residences, there are some really beautiful castles and manor houses near Stockholm like Häringe Slott and Lejondals Slott. Those two I mentioned are hotels nowadays but there are others that might be suitable. Also, who knows if the hotels too would be available should the court approach them...

I think Noors Slott (Noor's Castle) would perhaps be a beautiful place and not too far from Stockholm: http://www.noorsslott.se/index.php

Rosendal looks nice but it's more like museum at the moment.
Tullgarns looks impresive too but what about visitors during summer?

From the site which you post I like the most Morsta Herrgård but it looks that is sold I think.

I don't know anything at all about teh palaces and castles in Sweden, so I shall keep a watch on this thread so I can learn more!

Where ever they live, it will have to be near to Stickholm as I assume Jonas will continue his job there (I think that's where he works anyway!), but I think it will be a relatively small palace (if there is such a thing!).

i think there will be a privite villa for them not a castle or mansion

expressen has talked about the white villa in sigtuna

i think there will be a privite villa for them not a castle or mansion

expressen has talked about the white villa in sigtuna
Me too.
Nice, not to very big villa near Stockholm:)
If it will be villa, do you think that the parents will buy (or maybe do that some time ago???)
it for the couple or maybe the Goverment give them (signed over the disposition rights to King)?
I now they one is V is CP and M is only Pss but why not?:ermm:

Me too.
Nice, not to very big villa near Stockholm:)
If it will be villa, do you think that the parents will buy (or maybe do that some time ago???)
it for the couple or maybe the Goverment give them (signed over the disposition rights to King)?
I now they one is V is CP and M is only Pss but why not?:ermm:

Most likely it will be a Villa on the ground of one of the opalaces who are at the disposal of the King. Perhaps Villa Beylon on the grounds of Ulriksdal Palace which was until a few years ago the hiome of Princess Christina. Many thought it would be the future home of Victoria and Daniel but where wrong with this.

Didn't Madeleine purchase a home/property from an elderly couple in the Djurgarden area of Stockholm sometime in the last few years? I thought I remember reading about that.

According to Point de Vue magazine they will live in a castle at Malaren Lake. But the name of the castle isn't mentioned. (There is a photo in the mag though)

Villa Beylon - i would call it a mansion - was according to SD built in 1803, it´s aprox 500 square meters big and has 12 rooms.

Any photos that can be posted on it? I would love to take a peek- thanks in advance!

Maybe it's important to take notice that it has not been confirmed that Villa Beylon will be the future residence of Princess Madeleine and Jonas Bergström.
So far, it's nothing but a cover story of the magazine 'Svensk Dam Tidning', which has been getting some things right and other things wrong in the past, and therefore a rumor.

Thanks for setting that straight, Boris. The villa would be an ideal location I suppose, and as princess Victoria already has a mansion of her own and prince Carl Philip is expected to live in the villa of his great uncle Bertil, nobody else will need the villa in the near future. Didn't princess Christina live in the villa Beylon btw?

Sorry for my stupid question, but:

Are Madeleine and Jonas able to choose where they are going to live, or is it the decision by the king or government?

Was in ever "confirmed" about Madelina moving into the 12-room mini palace Villa Beylon in Solna ??? Did they start any renovations ??

Was in ever "confirmed" about Madelina moving into the 12-room mini palace Villa Beylon in Solna ??? Did they start any renovations ??

500 square meters is a good size home.................did they stop the renovations, or will Madeline live their by herself ??

the never stated itsince the couple did not intend to live in villa bylon but in villa parkruden. They started evicting the people who lived their and i believe there was a fire in the attic. No idea what they will do with the villa now though.

Any pictures on Villa Parkruden........is this larger than Villa Beylon ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom