Royal Palace of Madrid & Sabatini Gardens

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Josefine

Majesty
Country
Sweden

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 1,771
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 2,065
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 2,898
Last edited by a moderator:
POLFOTO 24.09.2001 Spain, Madrid: PLAZA DE ORIENTE with memorial of king Felipe IV., and, in the background, the PALACIO REAL (royal palace)

Attachments

• sp.JPG
    sp.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 648
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 619
ROYAL PALACE IN MADRID
From Polfoto:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 790
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 701
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 696
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 673
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 678
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 687
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 690
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 698
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 750
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 563
ROYAL PALACE IN MADRID
From Polfoto:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 613
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 717
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 636
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 594
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 475
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 557
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 525
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 538
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 482
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 458
ROYAL PALACE IN MADRID
From Polfoto:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 563
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 481
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 554
The ROYAL PALACE IN MADRID has some similarity imo in size and location with Buckingham Palace in London, and the Royal Palace in Stockholm.

I have been to the palace in Madrid
it was big.......very much like a city palace

madrid royal palace is available for visitors. an interesting and an obligatory sight of madrid, really.

here you can find photos of all the palaces that the royal household can visit for private use. and let me tell you that each of them has really interesting stories... for example in zarzuela palace stood saddam hussein in an official visit to spain (i think it was during francisco franco's 'dictadura'). also, in san lorenzo del escorial, which was built by order of felipe ii of spain, are the tombs of all the kings and queens since that generation and la almudaina was the palace where we've seen letizia and felipe go to the easter celebrations this month.

(enter where it says 'palacios y reales sitios')

Does anyone know when was the last time the King and Queen actually appeared on the balcony of the Royal Palace?

Also, are Prince Felipe and his new bride scheduled to appear on this balcony or some other after their wedding ceremony May 26?

:p

It's confirmed that letizia and felipe will appear on the balcony

• Saldrán al balcón tras la ceremonia.

Como manda la tradición, el Príncipe y la que será su esposa saldrán al balcón del Palacio Real para saludar a los ciudadanos. La terraza pertenece a la estancia conocida como el comedor de diario, situado en la parte central del Palacio Real.

Carlota, thank you for the information, I'm sure it will be a great moment of the day when they appear! Hopefully, all the royal family will also come out sometime too... ;)

not very much... that's a pity due to the beauty of it... in my opinion one of spain's most beautiful palaces

King Christian said:
The ROYAL PALACE IN MADRID has some similarity imo in size and location with Buckingham Palace in London, and the Royal Palace in Stockholm.
I think it lookes more like the Hermitage in St. Petersburg...except the coleur ofcourse

Mas fotos de palacios

Royal Palace (Madrid)

(photos from Corbis)

Last edited:
Royal Palace (Madrid):

-Bedroom of Queen Maria Luisa Teresa of Parma in Royal Palace, Madrid
- Antechamber of Maria Christina of Borbon in Royal Palace, Madrid
-Madrid's Royal Palace Interior

(photos from Cover)

Last edited:
Some more pictures from the Royal Palace in Madrid

Attachments

• palacio7_big.jpg
    palacio7_big.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 700
  • palacio6_big.jpg
    palacio6_big.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 680
  • palacio5_big.jpg
    palacio5_big.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 696
  • palacio4_big.jpg
    palacio4_big.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 2,225
  • palacio3_big.jpg
    palacio3_big.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 1,755
  • palacio2_big.jpg
    palacio2_big.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 656
  • palacio1_big.jpg
    palacio1_big.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 1,058
The Palacio Real in Madrid is huge and very spectacular,with all its grandeur, it is something that the royal family and the spanish people can be proud of.Its just a waste and a real pity that the royal family cannot occupy the space I think the King and Queen should live there.If I were a Spanish national, I wouldnt mind if our royal family live there, the palace will be more significant if the present royal family lives there, not just a tourist attraction or a remembrance of the royal family's wealth in the past..and in my opinion the Palacio Real is a better place for receiving Heads of States rather then the smaller and simpler Zarzuela palace..I believe the King and Queen love Zarzuela and its their choice to be there, so I respect that..but just my opinion, I hope the succeeding Kings of Spain should use the Palacio Real as their base..The palace is really beautiful, and its outside interior ( the palace's facade) is more impressing than Buckingham Palace.I think its a pity that the royal family cant live there, the fact that it is located at the heart of the Spanish capital city.The King should live and base his office where the seat of the government is.

Last edited:
From Lanacion.com
Royal Palace (Madrid)

Palacio Real

source: flickr

From Corbis
Royal Palace (Madrid)

Last edited:
The ceilings in the giant Royal Palace are just breathtaking! The red throne room is gorgeous too with it's beautiful chandeliers.

But the Zarzuela... no offense but it doesn't even look like a palace. I'm sure it's a nice enough home but the swimming pool looks like it could be anyone's backyard, although it's nice that they have a pool. What is that white building in the last pics - another side of the Zarzuela?
Well, it's a shame the King & Queen can't take a second home (like other royalty seem to do) and live part-time in one of the other "real" palaces, like the LaGranja or Aranjuez (sp?) or what's the other one called...

Anyway, I thought I read somewhere that when Prince Felipe becomes monarch that his residence will become the new official Palace. Anyone know if it's true?

Have someone a ground plan of the Royal Palace?

Back
Top Bottom