Views:	490
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	221696  

Old 12-22-2005, 03:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

very beatiful inside and fresh.

Old 12-23-2005, 12:46 AM
Heir Apparent

oh wow... i like the design of La Mareta.
especially on the last pic, you can see like a moorish style water pathway. it's so gorgeous. a combination of modern and traditional.

here's SRF family gathering at La Mareta

Spanish Royal Family Holiday in La Mareta, Lanzarote, 1999
it was their last holiday with countess of barcelona, just 2 days before she passed away.

The Royal Family of Spain Picture Thread, Part 1
The Royal Family of Spain Picture Thread, Part 1
Old 12-23-2005, 12:24 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

From Hola:

«La Mareta was designed by the Lanzarote architect César Manrique and it combines all the comforts to guarantee the rest of its guests, thanks to the amenable microclimate of the island, with Spring-like temperature throughout the whole the year, which has turned it one of the favourite destinies of the Royal Family.

In spite of his frequent stays in the island, king Hussein of Jordan (who ordered its construction in the end of the ‘70s) was never lodged at La Mareta. Thanks to his friendship with the Spanish king, he gave the house to Don Juan Carlos and, in the end of the ‘80s, the building has became part of the National Patrimony».
Old 07-19-2006, 05:38 PM
Serene Highness

I would like to ask one thing that has been intriguing me in the last week... to whom belongs La Mareta?! Just wondering, maybe anyone can help me...

Regards,
mtbcm
Old 07-20-2006, 02:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbcm
I would like to ask one thing that has been intriguing me in the last week... to whom belongs La Mareta?! Just wondering, maybe anyone can help me...

The Mareta was Hussein of Jordania gift to the King Juan Carlos, in turn the King it yielded to National Wealth. National Wealth is a state organism, created to manage buildings that were of the Wreath or were linked to it. These buildings belong to the State, not to the Royal Family, but this one has the right to enjoy them. The Zarzuela, the Royal Palace, the Palace of El Pardo, the House of the Prince ... they belong to this organism. Not Marivent that belongs to the Government of Majorca, and that yields it to the Royal Family (in exchange for the unpayable advertising that it supposes that they pass there the vacations).
Old 07-20-2006, 06:21 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbcm
Dear mtbcm, you have an article here about it, in case you would like to read more about it:
La Mareta Residence, Lanzarote
Old 08-05-2008, 06:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
The Mareta was Hussein of Jordania gift to the King Juan Carlos, in turn the King it yielded to National Wealth. National Wealth is a state organism, created to manage buildings that were of the Wreath or were linked to it. These buildings belong to the State, not to the Royal Family, but this one has the right to enjoy them. The Zarzuela, the Royal Palace, the Palace of El Pardo, the House of the Prince ... they belong to this organism. Not Marivent that belongs to the Government of Majorca, and that yields it to the Royal Family (in exchange for the unpayable advertising that it supposes that they pass there the vacations).
I think it is very smart of the Royal Family to make them part of the National Wealth so they don't have to spend their own money maintaining the building. If it is part of the government, why can't everyone use it? I bet that most of their palaces are "not theirs but they can use it" kind of thing. I think they should at least pay for it. Too much!
Old 08-06-2008, 02:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve View Post
I think it is very smart of the Royal Family to make them part of the National Wealth so they don't have to spend their own money maintaining the building. If it is part of the government, why can't everyone use it? I bet that most of their palaces are "not theirs but they can use it" kind of thing. I think they should at least pay for it. Too much!
Any State has its patrimony, in a Republic the presidents of the Republic have their residences that belong to the State ... this is not different. Zapatero has passed several summers in La Mareta, in spite of the fact that the Presidency of the Government also has its own buildings. The ministers also have housings that belong to the State.

The State supports them, the Royal Family only enjoys the palaces that they use as residence, other palaces are public and can be visited. For its historical, artistic, cultural or even economic value it is better that these things are in hands of the State, because but end would be to finish in private hands without the people could enjoy it. In it the Patrimony consists... The collections of the Prado Museum were the royal collections, which a King decided to donate to the State in order that the whole people could visit them and it was several centuries ago. We are speaking about historical very important collections that have an immense cultural value...and let's not say economic value a paint of Velázquez? Or Goya?...

Later there are all the gifts that other countries and institutions do to the Royal Family, the normal thing is that the gifts of State them the State remains. Others, since first Fortune I give of the King Fahd or The Martea gift of the King Hussein are to half a way between the public thing and the personal thing ... but if the King had accepted them as personal gifts and it them had not yielded to the State, it had been considered to be scandalous.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Any State has its patrimony, in a Republic the presidents of the Republic have their residences that belong to the State ... this is not different. Zapatero has passed several summers in La Mareta, in spite of the fact that the Presidency of the Government also has its own buildings. The ministers also have housings that belong to the State.

The State supports them, the Royal Family only enjoys the palaces that they use as residence, other palaces are public and can be visited. For its historical, artistic, cultural or even economic value it is better that these things are in hands of the State, because but end would be to finish in private hands without the people could enjoy it. In it the Patrimony consists... The collections of the Prado Museum were the royal collections, which a King decided to donate to the State in order that the whole people could visit them and it was several centuries ago. We are speaking about historical very important collections that have an immense cultural value...and let's not say economic value a paint of Velázquez? Or Goya?...

Later there are all the gifts that other countries and institutions do to the Royal Family, the normal thing is that the gifts of State them the State remains. Others, since first Fortune I give of the King Fahd or The Martea gift of the King Hussein are to half a way between the public thing and the personal thing ... but if the King had accepted them as personal gifts and it them had not yielded to the State, it had been considered to be scandalous.

This makes sense. Thanks for your reply. Can anyone in Spain then use the Fortuna? I still believe that it is a matter of convenience.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve View Post
I compare to my American White House. Person in power lives there as part of his perk of the job -- no different -- and I as an American cannot and should not use it as my own home or whatever -- plus president should not have to maintain using personal wealth. Royal Family is smart to make them as part of National Wealth -- you don't think that Queen Elizabeth II owns all the palaces, just the ones she purchased (or her family) with their personal money the rest is owned by the country.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:01 PM
Moderator Emeritus

La Mareta Residence, (Lanzarote)

Areal view:
http://img512.imageshack.us/my.php?i...381c708xh4.jpg

Old 10-31-2008, 01:06 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

how often do they use this palace - is just when they are on visits to the island

i remember that Felipe and Letizia stayed here after christmas 2005 when Leonor was only a few months old

Old 10-31-2008, 01:20 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Now The Royal Family not used it very Often. Only when they went to the Island in vacation.