Homes of Infantas Elena and Cristina

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

An Ard Ri

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
An Iarmhí
Country
Ireland
Homes of the Infanta's Elena & Cristina

Is their a thread on the Homes of the Infanta's Elena & Cristina .I've never seen any pictures of either .I know Cristina has a home in Barcelona & Elena in Madrid.

There seems to be very little information on the homes of Elena,Cristina,Pilar & Margarita :ermm:

Where does Infanta Elena live and is she paid to perform royal duties?

Is her residence provided for from tax payers' funds? And are her allowances her main source of income?

The exterior of Elena's apartment building has been shown a good deal, with recordings of her coming and going, as well as of her applauding healthcare workers numerous times last year. I assume it is in an upscale area, but the building itself looks rather modest and unassuming. Does anyone have an idea of the scale of her apartment (or flat)? Perhaps realtor's photos from before she lived there?

Unfortunately, it seems there is a street named Infanta Elena, so googling "Infanta Elena apartment" is not helpful.

Attachments

• Spain's Infanta Elena's apartment building, Madrid 1.jpg
    Spain's Infanta Elena's apartment building, Madrid 1.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 203
  • Spain's Infanta Elena applauds healthcare workers 4-4-20 2.jpg
    Spain's Infanta Elena applauds healthcare workers 4-4-20 2.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 277
Ah, finding out the name of her neighborhood yielded better google results, and this article has proved illuminating.

https://translate.google.com/transl...-vida-de-la-infanta-elena_252764/&prev=search

It is apparently a five-bedroom, four-bedroom apartment bought for 1.8 million euros and extensively renovated. It is 468 square meters, or just over 5,000 square feet. Thus, though not a palace, is not at all cramped, especially as I presume Elena is there alone much of the time.

This also makes it a comfortable meeting place for her family, as we know Inaki Urdangarin has met his wife and children there while on his releases from prison, and I read that Juan Carlos took leave of family there before his departure. I should say part of her family. Felipe and Letizia, I assume, are not frequent visitors.

Back
Top Bottom