Albéniz Palace, Barcelona

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blog Real

Imperial Majesty
City
Lisboa
Country
Portugal
History:
It was built in 1928 by the architects Joan Moya and César Martinell for the international exhibition that was to be held the following year. It is of neoclassical inspiration and in its interior is a mural painting of Dalí and the collection of tapestries of the Goya room. The two carved lions that are at the entrance of the Palace is from the Pedralbes Palace. You can only visit the gardens.

Albéniz Palace is the official residence of the Kings of Spain during his visits to Barcelona.

You can see photos of the Palace at this link:
http://monarquiaespanhola.blogs.sapo.pt/palacio-de-albeniz-21706

Thanks Blog Real. Beautiful palace although externally reminds me a little Zarzouela Palace.

I have been at both Pedralbes and Albéniz "palaces" in Barcelona and these were more villas. The Pedralbes is also sober in interior. The Albéniz I do not know: entrance not allowed when I was there.

The gardens surrounding Albéniz are very nice. I believe the problem lies with the State of Catalonia: the buildings probably belong to the Patrimonio Nacional, the State has to pay for security etc. With the anti-monarchist and separatist Catalonian government a more frequent use of Catalonian residences will easily become food for polemic: they will see it as a provocation.

Last edited:
Use more Albéniz Palace
As part of the gestures of rapprochement to Catalonia, Zarzuela also plans to "recover" Albéniz Palace, the official residence of the Royal Family in Barcelona, to be used much more in the trips to the City as a "gesture towards the Catalans" .

The monarch considers that it is a way of demonstrating, to those who claim that "the Catalans have no king", that they have it, and that there is also a "house of their own".

Among the plans to further visualize the presence in Catalonia, the King plans to hold more official hearings in the Albéniz Palace, which will be invited to representatives of different sectors of Catalan society.
Zarzuela trabaja en un plan para hacer más presente a Felipe VI en Cataluña

Thanks Blog Real. Beautiful palace although externally reminds me a little Zarzouela Palace.

Yes it does have a similarity with design and look of the Palacio de Zarzuela.

320px-Bcn_3530_Palauet_Albeniz_pp.jpg

Back
Top Bottom