Palace Noordeinde, The Hague

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As it happens I will be in The Hague one weekend the palace is open. I am hoping to visit Noordeinde. However, when I click the link "Buy Tickets" it just brings me back to the koninklijkhuis.nl website.

Has anyone managed to buy tickets? I'd appreciate any help!

Thanks

The Palace was open to the public last weekend at the first of four weekends,well,...those who managed to get a ticket as they were sold out in no time at all!A huge success and HM thinks of opening the Palace annually during the summer.

Only tickets for the Royal Stables,or Royal Mews if you like,are still availeble online only.:flowers:

From all palaces it has the least wow!-interiors I think, maybe a par with Soestdijk, which is more a wide stretched stately house than a real palace.

Het Loo has stunning 17th C interiors with salons in various later styles. Huis ten Bosch likewise. The Royal Palace in Amsterdam has more a palace-feel since the last restoration but of course it is more about being mighty and imposant than to be a home. Noordeinde Palace is one of the oldest palaces but besides the corps-de-logis almost all interiors are 19th C. Very tastefully and in great condition but nothing special in my personal opinion. It is really the headquarters of the Royal House and the royal household services.

Noordeinde Palace could have been located at Unter den Linden in Berlin or one of the chique lanes in London. There is nor really something special which really sticks out, interiorwise, in my humble opinion.

Last edited:
The repaving of the courtyard at the Noordeinde Palace in The Hague is well underway.

PPE Agency

Some photos from the Interior of the royal stables with the carriages at palace Noordeinde in The Hague.

PPE Agency

:previous:

The palace is opened for the public again this summer. The 10.000 tickets were sold out within a day (!), only tickets for the stables remain available.

I think it is the annual maintenance in the summer period. Then we see the building being cleaned, painted, repaired, whatever. Maybe technical utility systems were renewed. It looks like the crane had to lift something in the middle of the building.

There was some extensive restoration over the past decade at the Noordeinde Palace and its facade looks spectacular.

The second part of the online summer opening is now available: now the focus is on the chairs in Noordeinde Palace, the use and maintenance of these many historic pieces of furniture. One can choose the language for subtitles.

Another part of the online summer opening, subtitles are optional

Last edited:
Another part of the virtual opening, now the Rococo Hall, also known as the Small Ballroom at Noordeinde Palace, subtitles are optional.

Wonderful clips, thank you. And everything looks excellently maintained, which is good. A pity they do not use the small ballroom more often because it is IMHO one of the nicer looking rooms of the palace.

And the exterior Christmas tree from the Paleis Noordeinde was taken down

What a fun video. The Bison's having fun, running towards the trees and diving right in. Thanks for posting this.

That one bizon looked like he was attacking it. [emoji1]

Thanks for posting this indeed! As a Canadian, I had never seen this sort of behaviour from bisons so I can only guess they must be missing home: we have lots of spruce here!:flowers:

The Palace has shared some photos of Queen Juliana handing over the key of the Palace Garden (situated between Noordeinde Palace, the Royal Stables and the Royal Archives) to the Mayor of Den Haag in April 1953. From then on the garden was used as a city park:

** instagram gallery **

Back
Top Bottom