Dutch Buildings Connected with Dutch & Foreign Royalty

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
Follow this link to visit Huis Doorn:
Huis Doorn

This was the residence of former Emperor Wilhelm II of Germany in The Netherlands. He lived here in excile and died here in 1941. After WWII the house was confisquated by the Dutch state as they thought the Kaiser and his family to pro-Nazi. There were several lawsuits but nothing has been returned.

Here the website to Castle Amerongen of the Counts of Aldenburg-Bentinck. Emperor Wilhelm II stayed here from 1918-1919 and several times people tried to kidnap him from here. The castle was also beleguered by journalists.
Kasteel Amerongen

Last edited:
Queen Marie of Roumania had a villa in Domburg, Zeeland which is today called Villa Carmen Sylva and is owned by a Dutch noble family.Next to it is a rather lovely beach pavillion, which the city almost destructed but at the last minute they changed their mind and they are giving it an extensive renovation and they will create several appartments there.

Villa Carmen Sylva (more impressive in real life)

-
Does anybody know where Sisi stayed when she did her health cure in Scheveningen?

Last edited:
'Het Beroemde Huys' in Broek in Waterland (North of Amsterdam).

This site shows the lovely interior of the house.

Napoleon Bonaparte spent the night here once and he had drinks in the tea pavillion :

1552021223_dd43af967b.jpg

Picture: Private

---
Broek in Waterland must be the lovliest village I have ever seen btw.

I don't even know where Broek in Waterland is but it looks lovely.
Does anybody hae more information on the places where the king and queen of Bohemia lived while they stayed in Holland. They set up court in The Hague and also had a place in the countryside but I do not know where.

Probably unimaginable in the Netherlands today but in August 1948 De Nieuwe Kerk in Amsterdam hosted the World Council of Churches (WCC).

I couldn't see a thread on the Nieuwe Kerk in Amsterdam and am not sure if the Queen attended the Service.

Some sound in the video.

Queen Marie of Roumania had a villa in Domburg, Zeeland which is today called Villa Carmen Sylva and is owned by a Dutch noble family.Next to it is a rather lovely beach pavillion, which the city almost destructed but at the last minute they changed their mind and they are giving it an extensive renovation and they will create several appartments there.

Villa Carmen Sylva (more impressive in real life)

-
Does anybody know where Sisi stayed when she did her health cure in Scheveningen?

More information:

https://domburg.com/nl/monument/9049/villa-carmen-sylva.html

Back
Top Bottom