Castle Drakensteyn, Lage Vuursche

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Princess_Beatrix

Courtier
City
moved to
Country
Spain
What about Castel Drakensteyn where Beatrix and Claus lived until 1980?Does anyone know what happened to the castel or what it's jused for now?

Princess_Beatrix said:
What about Castel Drakensteyn where Beatrix and Claus lived until 1980?Does anyone know what happened to the castel or what it's jused for now?
its still a private house of Beatrix :)

Really?
thanks for the information. ;)
I thought she moved to Huis ten Bosh after 1980 and sold Drakensteyn.
I think it's a very cute , little castle. :)

Castel Drakensteyn
4067202.jpg
4068925.jpg

source: Seegerpress, ANP

Last edited by a moderator:
Some pictures of Drakensteyn's interior (ANP):

4068928.jpg
4068929.jpg

2106808.jpg

Last edited:
From Utrechtsekastelen.nl:

drakensteyn.jpg
drakensteyni.jpg
60212-a.jpg

Last edited:
It is private property of HM The Queen for over 50 years.:)

It looks looks much larger on the inside, than you would think from the outside.

And we now know that the house Will be ib use again this Will be Beatrix residence after abdication

Gosh, I'm sure it's deceptively so, but it looks tiny.

Looks pretty spectacular. The house is the octagon shaped building? What are the two rectangular buildings?

Looks pretty spectacular. The house is the octagon shaped building? What are the two rectangular buildings?

I believe that they are used to house guests and staff.

It's really a neat house. I would love to have it, with enough servants to keep it in great shape. I don't know why they call it a castle--looks too cute for a castle.

Today the Dutch Royal House official announced "Princess Beatrix will move at the end of 2013 - beginning 2014 to palace Drakensteijn". Palace Huis ten Bosch will be renovated, before the King and Queen will move to The Haege.

That was quicker than I expected. Now the nagging about the costs of the enovation of Huis ten Bosch can start.

I am surprised she is waiting that long to move. What is the delay? Drakensteyn was renovated a couple of years ago so there cannot be much that still needs to be made ready for her and she has known for at least a year of her intention to abdicate. The faster she moves the quicker any renovations at Huis Ten Bosch can be done and the King and his family can settle into their new home. I thought all the moves would have been completed by the end of the summer.

I am surprised she is waiting that long to move. What is the delay? Drakensteyn was renovated a couple of years ago so there cannot be much that still needs to be made ready for her and she has known for at least a year of her intention to abdicate. The faster she moves the quicker any renovations at Huis Ten Bosch can be done and the King and his family can settle into their new home. I thought all the moves would have been completed by the end of the summer.

What a little gem this house is! Are the outbuildings residential as well as functional (farm, horse, etc. related?)

That was quicker than I expected. Now the nagging about the costs of the enovation of Huis ten Bosch can start.

Yes it was,perhaps the renovations were just cosmetic and not large scale,is there any information on the costs yet?

How far is Drakensteyn from huis ten bosch? I hope it is not too far as Beatrix seems to have a really good relationship with her grandchildren, especially W-A and Maxima's girls so I can't imagine she'd wantto be too far away from them.
Will Beatrix have anywhere to stay in The Hague or will this be the only residence she has.

wow it is beautiful and so charming! really looks small from outside but when you see the photos from the inside looks big!!!! I love the mote so W-A grow up there? what a charming place to live!!!love it!

How far is Drakensteyn from huis ten bosch? I hope it is not too far as Beatrix seems to have a really good relationship with her grandchildren, especially W-A and Maxima's girls so I can't imagine she'd wantto be too far away from them.
Will Beatrix have anywhere to stay in The Hague or will this be the only residence she has.

There will be an appartment available in "Huis ten Bosch" for Princess Beatrix, for when she is for work in The Hague and of course when she is visiting here grandchildren.

It's absolutely adorable; like something out of a story book. I wouldn't mind living there myself.

Dutch News.nl stated that Princess Beatrix moved into her new home on Tuesday (February 4th, 2014). Princess Beatrix "has moved into the refurbished Drakensteyn castle estate in Lage Vuursche".:flowers:

Love her personal castle. I would definitely love to live in it.

Does anyone know how many rooms are in Drakenstyn? Also there seems to be 4 small cottages (?) at the entrance. Are those vacant? Or used for aides or security?

Thanks in Advance!

Back
Top Bottom