The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library > The Electronic Domain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-21-2011, 05:41 PM
Royal Highness

i will be watching the movie on monday, cause it will air on my country's tv. i dont have high hopes for it of course.
in the end im sure i will keep as my royal favourite film the Letizia and Felipe one, that sure was interesting!!!

do you guys know if any other royal couples got a based film like Felipe&Leti and/or W&K?

Old 04-21-2011, 05:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
i will be watching the movie on monday, cause it will air on my country's tv. i dont have high hopes for it of course.
in the end im sure i will keep as my royal favourite film the Letizia and Felipe one, that sure was interesting!!!

do you guys know if any other royal couples got a based film like Felipe&Leti and/or W&K?
I've heard there were the same type of movie for Prince Charles and Diana,Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson

Old 04-21-2011, 08:02 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora
Camilla Luddington has told that playing Kate really depressed her
Prince William and Kate Middleton Lifetime Movie : People.com
It would have depressed me, too, except I was laughing too hard.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:04 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPWillie

It would have depressed me, too, except I was laughing too hard.
Although it did actually bring tears to my eyes.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:48 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
I've heard there were the same type of movie for Prince Charles and Diana,Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson
Yes, there were. And they were equally horrific. By the way, the actress(?) who was cast as Carole Middleton was the same actress who was cast as Princess Diana in a 1990 TV movie. She was terrible in that as well.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:00 AM
Royal Highness

I remember watching the Charles and Diana movie in the Eighties when Catherine Oxenburg was Diana and it was so bad. The ads for the movie made a special deal that Catherine was Royalty playing Royalty. It was true, but it didn't make any difference in the poor movie.
Old 04-22-2011, 05:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'll be watching it anyway on Channel 5 UK
William and Kate - The Movie | William and Kate - The Movie | Channel 5
Old 04-22-2011, 08:07 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
Yes, there were. And they were equally horrific. By the way, the actress(?) who was cast as Carole Middleton was the same actress who was cast as Princess Diana in a 1990 TV movie. She was terrible in that as well.

Yes your right.I had forgotten that.That was a terrible movie as well
Old 04-22-2011, 08:12 PM
Administrator

Guys...they are all terrible movies!

Thats' the fun in them. At least that's why I watch them.

Old 04-22-2011, 10:14 PM
Nobility

OMG I couldn't watch it and I've seen some bad royal movies. I think I only saw an hour of it.. ugh. bad..
Old 04-23-2011, 01:40 AM
Serene Highness

no one knows what happen between the pictures we got to see over the last 8 years. The way the "writer" of the script decided to fill those gaps it's what really amazes me. The scene of the couple kissing in front of the photographers, come'on!
I'm still not convinced they will kiss on the balcony :P
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:48 AM
Administrator

The writers definitely tried to tie in the pictures, the problem is that some of it is awfully wrong.

Someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I think that there had been rumours that William was involved with a roommate (but I don't think this was the case at the time and they were deneid by Clarence House). The first time the press got caught of Kate it was because she and William were hugging/kissing but they did that unaware that their picture was being taken. No way did William and Kate walk up to the photographers and starting kissing.

Old 04-24-2011, 11:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

You may watch now the movie on Channel 5 UK
William and Kate - The Movie | William and Kate - The Movie | Channel 5
Old 04-24-2011, 11:54 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk
The writers definitely tried to tie in the pictures, the problem is that some of it is awfully wrong.

Someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I think that there had been rumours that William was involved with a roommate (but I don't think this was the case at the time and they were deneid by Clarence House). The first time the press got caught of Kate it was because she and William were hugging/kissing but they did that unaware that their picture was being taken. No way did William and Kate walk up to the photographers and starting kissing.
Yes at first CH denied he was dating Kate, and those pics were in like 2004 or something and William and Kate may have known photographers were present but they only were kissing on cheek and holding hands- they didn't prance up to photographers and start making out- you're very right Zonk!
Old 04-24-2011, 12:55 PM
Courtier

I watched this movie for the first time last night. Ugh! It was truly horrendous. The actor that played William didn't remotely even resemble him. Horrible and cheesy acting all the way around for both the leads.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well,my impressions about the movie,of course it's far no professional and doesn't reveal all more or less true fact moments:Kate talking to Chrales,William singing,Kate's jeaulousy etc.,but for children or people who don't know them well it's a good romantic movie.Who is the Kate's best friend(the brunette girl) in the movie?Actually prince Harry was portrayed nearly all time like a drunk.
Though I admit love at first sight moment,Kate's courageous nature,the support Kate received from her family,William's discussions with father were depicted more or less true-only because this happened as in each family could occur.I am sure the other movies after years will be released in different styles precisely.
Old 04-24-2011, 02:47 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Rai 1 in Italy will broadcast the film Wednesday in primetime.
Old 04-24-2011, 02:55 PM
Heir Apparent

In Poland TVN will show it on Monday.
I don't know watch it or not...
Old 04-24-2011, 03:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
Well,my impressions about the movie,of course it's far no professional and doesn't reveal all more or less true fact moments:Kate talking to Chrales,William singing,Kate's jeaulousy etc.,but for children or people who don't know them well it's a good romantic movie.Who is the Kate's best friend(the brunette girl) in the movie?Actually prince Harry was portrayed nearly all time like a drunk.
Though I admit love at first sight moment,Kate's courageous nature,the support Kate received from her family,William's discussions with father were depicted more or less true-only because this happened as in each family could occur.I am sure the other movies after years will be released in different styles precisely.
It didn't seem to me that Harry was portrayed as a drunk...of course he was only in one scene.

They called the girl best friend, Olivia. So I am assuming that is Olivia Hunt, who I believe lived with William, Kate and Fergus. I believe they are still good friends, as William and Kate attended the wedding of her sister.

I don't know who the blonde actress was supposed to be playing. And by blonde actress I guess I am referring to the two blondes. The supportive friends and the not so supportive associates who was a little nasty to Kate at William's birthday party but than later on wanted to be good friends.

Old 04-24-2011, 03:54 PM
Commoner

Hi! I'm new to the forums, and not as knowledgeable as a lot of people, so I'm wondering - with the movie, how many of the "friends" were real? Obviously, with that movie a LOT of artistic liberties were taken, but I'm wondering how many characters were real?

Tags
kate middleton, prince william