"William And Kate" (2011) - Lifetime Telemovie

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't watch it !!!! and I wouldn't.

It was okay. Interesting distraction. I kept wondering if Wills and Kate would ever watch it and what they'd think?

The timeline of this movie is SO off. When William is sitting in his base at the RAF reading the mags and seeing Kate having fun it's dated June 2008 when in reality William and Kate broke up in 2007 and he reportedly did it over the phone by 2008 they were back together. Actually they were back together by September 2007 member those pics at the club of Wills and Kate and Kate with that ring? The one where a press complaint was filed that they were chased as they left the club. And as for Carole hello could they not give the woman a wig I don't ever remember Carole having long hair like that. Also if they were trying to go down the line of 2008- 2010 they missed the fact she quit Jigsaw due to press harassment.

Last edited:
This is showing on Network Ten in Australia tonight at 8.30pm. I have already told my husband I have to see this. By the sound of the comments it is so bad it will be compulsory viewing.

I am looking forward to cringing at the dialogue and rolling my eyes at the timeline.

This is showing on Network Ten in Australia tonight at 8.30pm. I have already told my husband I have to see this. By the sound of the comments it is so bad it will be compulsory viewing.

I am looking forward to cringing at the dialogue and rolling my eyes at the timeline.

What is getting to me now is the "poetic license" parts of the movie are coming back to haunt me. Mr. Remote (who I actually thought would leave the room during this movie) keeps making quips like "OK.. so they're having a big party at the palace that night? Is that where that tattoo comes into play?" and stuff like that. The man is actually getting somewhat interested in all of this but right now I'm not sure he's gonna be a welcome viewing partner or a hindrance during the wedding itself. :D

Lifetime has posted the entire movie online for those who want to laugh at how bad it is Don't know it can be seen by those outside the USA because it still might need to air on TV in other places.
Watch William & Kate - Watch the Full Movie Online Now! | myLifetime.com
I'm about 20 minutes in and I just realized that typical Southern California, French/Italian/Mediterranean-ish villa mansion is supposed to be Highgrove? They could find stock footage of Highgrove or found at least a more English-looking mansion for exterior shots? It has cypress trees!!!!

Saw it today. It was cute. Terrible acting (especially the actors playing Kate's parents...... be ashamed), cheesy moments and some scenes were rather low budget. (The proposal scene. Aswell as some of the clothes. The hat with the red coat? eww)

Ohh, and the break-up scene had me fist pumping a little bit. :ROFLMAO: Until she started off crying in bed and whatnot. I'd (pretend) screw every good-looking guy. That is revenge. But that's just me. :p

They gonna show it on German TV tonight - but I heard negative critics. To be honest, I am not gonna watch it as I can't think it is a good movie...

You also gotta love the narration of the tabloid headlines in the background: "Clarence House confirms Kate Middleton as William's girlfriend." The only think Clarence House ever said during their courtship was "We do not comment on Prince William's private life."

Watching it now on the french channel "M6": cheesy to death... but it's so bad it's good !
(And it's even worse dubbed in french...)

Last edited:
The Kate has no accent and the whole movie is cheesy but it's also sort of sweet. Watched it for fun but not worth taking to seriously but it is cute knowing how in love they are...... (and it's only the begining of the movie we'll see if it gets better or worse)

Odd you should say she has no accent, as her bio has her coming from Berkshire (Bracknell) and when she gave an interview on mainland TV, she mentioned that she was mostly cast because she comes from the same area and social class as Kate - and therefore has a similar accent.

I believe she might have tried to speak a bit more American-like for American audiences, but I'm surprised to hear she has "no accent." It seemed to us that she certainly did (although I have to admit she was easier to understand than Kate who, when I first heard her interview, I had to concentrate a bit to understand; after all this coverage, I don't even notice Kate's accent, so this I guess this is all very subjective).

Awfull!!!A toe-curling dents drop out load of absolute fiction.
It's yuckee!Nothing for the true grit Royalwatchers,at all.
What cheap trash,someone tryed and make a buck over the couple.
:eek::D

Lucien, I disagree. But I am not an heir apparent. Perhaps it's for a different demographic. I don't know that this "cheap trash" has made as much money as the real wedding (rumored to have distributed $40m American dollars - declining I suppose in value each day), but certainly it was an entertaining entry in this week's cycle of news.

Had the Royal Couple deigned to distribute a tad more actual information (and I totally understand their desires), then this film wouldn't have made as much money, if money is the issue.

But, we thought it was a cute movie, many younger people we know became much more familiar with the British monarchy (and began to like them as people), and that - it seems to me - may very well have been a PR attempt.

Lots of things in that movie made me think there had to be some royal cooperation, but that's just my opinion. I see what kinds of "cheesy" movies get made about all kinds of things I'm interested in, and I'm glad that someone got some work in acting, scripting and making a movie.

The repetitive interviews with the Queen's cousin and royal party planner are, to me, far more cheesy and boring.

Watched the rebroadcast of the movie tonight and it sure had its moments where you wonder what the heck the screenwriters were thinking. The funniest part for me I think was when Wills was about ready to jump in the lake and of course... the POs were gonna follow their liege and lord into the brine.

All I know is if Will and Kate had a nice quite weekend and perhaps watched this fiasco, they'll be laughing from now until Friday for sure!

But, a movie has to have a few visually entertaining moments - it's just the nature of the medium. Without scenes like that (loosely based on reality, perhaps showing the fantasy motivation of the character), docudramas are tedious.

I'd rather the movie have inaccurate moments than make the royal romance look tedious.

Just watched a tiny bit of the film and witnessed about 20 inaccuracies. They were at University 2000 to 2003? I didn't know the new blackberry curve was out in 2000. Ridiculous.

I watched today thanks to a certain bay. I thought it was wery funny. Not that Charles looked like the real Charles, but he sure acted like the media portrayed him. "And so it begins"

And that portion with Will and his father discussing Diana. I really dont think they have had that discussion only once since the 90ths.

Typical Hollywoodending with one of the lovers swiming to the others

I presume to do a movie like that , they had to have some aprooval from the Queen? she wouldnot allow any scandals! I wonder how much true is in it? would be nice to know the real true story!

I presume to do a movie like that , they had to have some aprooval from the Queen? she wouldnot allow any scandals! I wonder how much true is in it? would be nice to know the real true story!

The movie was produced and shot in America, so I don't think QEII had any say on this matter. I have watch the movie yesterday, apart from the bits were I just couldn't stop cringing, and I have to agree with a lot of you. Cheesy and funny (even if not intentionally). But since what really happens we will probably never know, I take it for what it is, a chance to cash in on the occasion.
The couple is very private so the "scrip writer" did a lot of fanfic writing.

Last edited:
Gawd Awfull trash!That pulp thing was just aimed at making a cheap buck where they love that.Bah,what lack of taste and sense of reality.Trashcan please....:whistling:

Gawd Awfull trash!That pulp thing was just aimed at making a cheap buck where they love that.Bah,what lack of taste and sense of reality.Trashcan please....:whistling:

So that would be a thumbs down, right ?! :p

I think i prefer the Daily shows scene about how the wedding was, the cartoonversion, not the reporter:)

Wait, there is another one on the horizon.
But with , for a TV movie , impressive supporting cast, so I'd hope the script will be less soap-opery
here is the link :
Victor Garber, Prince Charles, Hallmark Channel Movie : People.com

The actors who will play the main couple are not well known, but the actress, Alice St. Clair seems to look more like Catherine than the one from the Lifetime movie.

Last edited:
I think that Victor Garber will do justice to the role of Prince Charles. He's a fine actor and--at least to my ears--does a good English accent.

Yes. Not only him but also Jean Smart and Jean Alexander have done some remarkable works. This actually I'm anxious to see.
is to much to ask to them to film in England or Britain? One of the most upsetting things in the movie is some of the chosen locations. Just because you wet the floor doesn't mean I'll buy it is Scotland!

I think Camilla Luddington is even a bit more beautiful than Catherine.
The same refers to actress who played the role of Carole Middleton.

William not so similar to "original"...

But I liked it; it was pleasant to watch.

I have this movie saved on my dvr; if the DVD is available in stores I will probably buy it. I thought it was entertaining for what it was, a Lifetime tv movie written, filmed, and edited in about 6mos. Actually taking the time it had to get done it was quite good. The biggest problem I had was that William and Kate got engaged so soon after they got back together. Not only is it factually inaccurate, but it made both of them (especially William) kind of look bad.
Anyway, the actors were decent, the leads were better looking than their real counterparts, and for Kate it is really difficult to get better looking than her. Have to admit I was glad not to see Camilla, but seriously there needed to be more Harry.

Well, the movie came on this evening (and I watched as I cleaned), and they have made additions to the ending. In the original (why do I know this?) it ended with faux William and Catherine in Africa. Since the wedding, they have added the real William and Catherine's wedding: her arrival at the Church, some snippets from the service, the ride in carriage, the two balcony kisses, and the ride in Charles's car. That part was cute.

The other parts of the movie hasn't changed in regards to the acting, the one Harry scene and no Camilla but I really watched it to see if there were any additions and to hear faux Catherine say "Stop the car!" in the middle of London no less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom