The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library > The Electronic Domain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-19-2011, 05:29 AM
Heir Apparent

The ironic thing is that this young woman is actually English. So we have an English actress filming a movie in Los Angeles, playing an English character, and having an accent that wobbles between English and American. Weird.

Quote:
=Zonk;1234673]And how come this movie's Kate talks like me...they couldn't get a British actress?

Old 04-19-2011, 07:17 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann View Post
the DVD is due to be on sale on April 25, and Im almost sure I will spend what ever ridiculous amount of money they will ask for it ...lol

I'm sure I'll be in the same boat.

I thought the movie was okay. I liked it the more I watched it but that was only after I made the decision to watch it as almost a comedy on the love story of William and Catherine. Like many of you, I about died when he started singing to her. It had the typical acting that one would expect from a Lifetime movie. I couldn't believe how the movie jumped from them getting back together to him proposing in Kenya. A little disappointing. If I was not aware that this movie was "based" on a true romance, and I was only watching it for entertainment purposes, I think it would be kind of cute.

Old 04-19-2011, 07:22 AM
Gentry

I had to miss the movie last night but it's on my DVR and I look forward to cringing/laughing my way through it tonight.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

This movie is bootlegged!
I recorded it and I watched a bit of it and it was terrible. Wills character is annoying and it's like they're making it seem like Carole pushed the whole royal wedding thing.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:50 AM
Serene Highness

So, the reviews here are exactly what I expected. So bad it makes you wanna laugh! Nonetheless I still plan on watching it. If anyone finds a link for a download. Let me know :)
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:24 PM
Courtier

If you go into the movie with the mentality that its going be bad, and you're watching a poorly made comedy, you'll be okay.

I think my favorite line of the movie was the "...I believe William is dressed for breakfast..." bit.

The events seemed very confused and mixed up against the timeline of the way we know things to have happened, and they seem to have missed out on some of the major events. The Sandhurst graduation, for example, seems to be missing, although there is a scene where Kate and her mother are walking along a street somewhere and they're wearing the outfits that appear to be the Sandhurst outfits...
Old 04-19-2011, 12:36 PM
Administrator

You know I thought that slightly familiar. The timeline is definitely off and if one didn't follow the royals they wouldn't have mentioned it. I think the word Sandhurst was used two or three time. Certainly they didnt mention his graduation from Sandhurst. No imaginary presence of the Queen, DoE, Charles and Camilla at the graduation. I guess it wasn't in the budget. Or at his birthday party for matter. There were a lot of filler people in the movie. People who we know exists but aren't that famous enough that they had to pay a lot of money for people to play them.

I don't think the movie pushed the idea that Carole was the power behind the wedding. To me its normal to ask (after ones child has been dating someone for some time) have you talked about the future? She also supposedly told Kate to not hide in your bedroom (from the press after the break), go about your life and make William (and everyone else) see that you are fine. Simliar to something my Mom would have told me...pick yourself up and try to live. Of course, the press is never interested in my break ups....I wonder why?

Old 04-19-2011, 03:57 PM
Gentry

I thought the movie was just plain bad.It was like a comedy. I did laugh about some of the stuff.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:59 PM
Nobility

I missed the LAST 30 min..I fell asleep!!!!
Old 04-19-2011, 04:09 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCatharine View Post
I missed the LAST 30 min..I fell asleep!!!!
Honestly, you didn't miss much. William feels the need to sow his oats and hangs out a lot often without Kate, get bad press as a result, Kate is frustrated and feels him slipping away, they have an argument, he/she breaks it off, she gets out of the car in London, Kate mopes, goes out to prove she has moved on, William isn't having the fun he thought being a singleton would allow him to have, pines for Kate, calls Kate, she blows him off, he shows up at rowing practice, she jumps in river, they get back together, kiss, fly to Africa and get enaged.

THE END

Old 04-19-2011, 07:30 PM
Nobility

Well thank you...so I really didnt have to watch it, you could have relayed everything to me....
Old 04-20-2011, 12:02 AM
Aristocracy

Watching it tonight ... just saw the scene where William sings to Catherine. I'm totally in stitches.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:17 AM
Royal Highness

After reading this thread, I'm glad I didn't watch this movie, and I'm stretching calling it a movie.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:49 PM
Serene Highness

Gawker — Today's gossip is tomorrow's news

OMG!
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:58 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae
Not sure what being discussed since when I click on link all storys come up and none seem to be about Kate and William
Old 04-20-2011, 10:10 PM
Serene Highness

the name of the video: Here’s the Worst Moment from Lifetime’s William & Kate Movie

Gawker — Today's gossip is tomorrow's news
Old 04-21-2011, 12:14 AM
Aristocracy

When I tried to play the video of William singing, I got a message saying "you are not authorized to open this file" ... and I was actually kinda glad. (Still in stitches)
Old 04-21-2011, 11:19 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPWillie View Post
Watching it tonight ... just saw the scene where William sings to Catherine. I'm totally in stitches.
That pretty much takes the cake. I cannot for the life of my imagine him EVER doing something like that.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Camilla Luddington has told that playing Kate really depressed her
Prince William and Kate Middleton Lifetime Movie : People.com
Old 04-21-2011, 04:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk

Honestly, you didn't miss much. William feels the need to sow his oats and hangs out a lot often without Kate, get bad press as a result, Kate is frustrated and feels him slipping away, they have an argument, he/she breaks it off, she gets out of the car in London, Kate mopes, goes out to prove she has moved on, William isn't having the fun he thought being a singleton would allow him to have, pines for Kate, calls Kate, she blows him off, he shows up at rowing practice, she jumps in river, they get back together, kiss, fly to Africa and get enaged.

THE END
Thanks Zonk! That's enough for me! I'd rather watch T Mobile spoof wedding on You Tube.

Tags
kate middleton, prince william