The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library > The Electronic Domain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-18-2011, 09:30 PM
Nobility

William and Kate: The Lifetime TV Movie

On April 18, 2011 Lifetime TV in USA debuted William and Kate.

William & Kate Movie - Official Site | myLifetime.com

What do yall think of the Movie? Personally I think this will be the first in a long line of movies about Will and Kate.

Also the actors who play in the movie don't really resemble our lovely royal family and Kate...anyways thats my opnion

Old 04-18-2011, 09:39 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyansaunt20
On April 18, 2011 Lifetime TV in USA debuted William and Kate.

William & Kate Movie - Official Site | myLifetime.com

What do yall think of the Movie? Personally I think this will be the first in a long line of movies about Will and Kate.

Also the actors who play in the movie don't really resemble our lovely royal family and Kate...anyways thats my opnion
The Kate has no accent and the whole movie is cheesy but it's also sort of sweet. Watched it for fun but not worth taking to seriously but it is cute knowing how in love they are...... (and it's only the begining of the movie we'll see if it gets better or worse)

Old 04-18-2011, 09:40 PM
Administrator

I am watching it...its just as bad as I thought but I can't stop watching it.

Oh Ben Cross and Victoria Tennant...you both had such great careers...what the heck happened? Why are you in this movie?

Old 04-18-2011, 09:45 PM
Majesty

My gran is watching it, though she has very limited English (we're on the phone actually, and she's giving me play-by-play, since I refuse to watch it).

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:46 PM
Royal Highness

Guess my post didn't get carried over?

I think it's cheesy and sweet at the same time because in real life they're so in love but it is silly/cheesy ...... Also the Kate has no accent

Edit- him singing to her? I'm embarrassed for him and I thought they weren't snapped skiing/kissing until 2004
Old 04-18-2011, 10:13 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
That seems to be the general consensus on Twitter too. I can't wait to watch it.

Favorite new cheesy movie fact courtesy of @ellakaytweets: Lady Sarah Chatto's husband, Daniel, played Prince Andrew in a cheesy Charles and Diana TV movie in the '80s...
Old 04-18-2011, 10:15 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Guess my post didn't get carried over?

I think it's cheesy and sweet at the same time because in real life they're so in love but it is silly/cheesy ...... Also the Kate has no accent

Edit- him singing to her? I'm embarrassed for him and I thought they weren't snapped skiing/kissing until 2004
I had to walk out the room I was so embarassed for the actors. My sister is laughing at me

Old 04-18-2011, 10:27 PM
Majesty

I'm getting the gist that this film is creating a sense of amusement amongst those of us who are following the characters portrayed in it (well I'm finding the film amusing, at least from what I've heard of it). It's better to take it for what it is, an attempt at entertainment, albeit a poor one.

That being said, I await a call from my grandmother so that she can resume her play-by-play commentary of this particular piece of cinematography.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:

Oh Ben Cross and Victoria Tennant...you both had such great careers...what the heck happened? Why are you in this movie?

Right ... the acting is not so good(I'm being polite) but I have not moved from the couch when this movie is over there is a special on the wedding first of six parts...
Old 04-18-2011, 10:34 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann

Right ... the acting is not so good but I have not moved from the couch
True, but this 'kate' seems more whiny then real Kate (not that I know her) ....but...I'm still watching-
Old 04-18-2011, 11:00 PM
Administrator

This. Is. So. Bad. But I think I am going to keep it on TiVo for abit.

Where do I start with the missing....we only see Harry one time and Camilla NOT at all. Was there not enough money in the budget for this? They don't mention the Diana concert, the break up and get back together is so thrown together. The only time they mention Camilla is when supposedly William blames Charles for not protecting Diana and asking why didn't Charles marry Camilla from the get go.

Its just a mess. A bloody awful mess.

Old 04-18-2011, 11:01 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk

Where do I start with the missing....we only see Harry one time and Camilla NOT at all. Was there not enough money in the budget for this? They don't mention the Diana concert, the break up and get back together is so thrown together.

Its just a mess.
And how unattractive was their Harry? Ugh!
Old 04-18-2011, 11:04 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
And how unattractive was their Harry? Ugh!
The TMobile dance video had a better Harry, William and Kate. And how come this movie's Kate talks like me...they couldn't get a British actress?

And my last catty comment for the night anyway...how cheap did that military outfit William had on look?

Old 04-18-2011, 11:05 PM
Courtier

There are just no words for the acting that said.. the DVD is due to be on sale on April 25, and Im almost sure I will spend what ever ridiculous amount of money they will ask for it ...lol It was full of assumed things and messed up facts but, very cute...if you can enjoy it for what it was a LIFETIME MOVIE
Old 04-18-2011, 11:36 PM
Gentry

It was like watching a car crash unfold before you but none the less I watched the entire thing. The scene where William was singing I had to leave it was so ridiculous, Kate acting like Carrie Bradshaw with her wine and bath and the infamous "I love the you know one else gets to see". Good God!
Old 04-18-2011, 11:47 PM
Royal Highness

The 6 prt royal wedding after special keeps talking about her wedding being her most surreal moment and I keep thinking yes first in a long line of moments because while many women marry, few become Queen of England so....IMO her most surreal moment to date is probably wedding, but her lifetime I bet it will be becoming Queen......I hope I'm alive to see it :)
Old 04-18-2011, 11:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:

Where do I start with the missing....we only see Harry one time and Camilla NOT at all. Was there not enough money in the budget for this? They don't mention the Diana concert, the break up and get back together is so thrown together. The only time they mention Camilla is when supposedly William blames Charles for not protecting Diana and asking why didn't Charles marry Camilla from the get go.

Its just a mess. A bloody awful mess.
Got the wine.. got the cheese and have the hockey game on so I missed the movie and from the general consensus here, I didn't miss much.

I'm as curious as you all are though. Does anyone have any idea if/when it will be aired again? It seems like something I'd need on a "down" day to make me laugh. I also hope that this 6 part wedding special will be aired all six episodes in a row just so I can put it on and drive Mr. Remote nuts.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:09 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
"William And Kate"

"Unknown British actress Camilla Luddington has been cast as Kate Middleton in a planned movie about the royal wedding. Luddington, 27, will star in the television film about the royal romance being made by US TV network Lifetime. She has previously had minor roles in American shows including Days Of Our Lives and CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.

The production, which will be called William And Kate, stars New Zealand-born actor Nico Evers Swindell as the prince. It is rumoured the Prince of Wales will be played by British performer Ben Cross, best known for his portrayal of the Olympic athlete Harold Abrahams in the 1981 movie Chariots of Fire.

A synopsis of the movie says: 'The film chronicles the history of William and Kate - from the moment the two students met at Scotland's prestigious University of St Andrews, through the ups and downs of their nine-year courtship complicated by social and Royal Family pressures, and intense global media attention surrounding their storybook nuptials.' "

Read more: British actress Camilla Luddington plucked from obscurity to play Kate Middleton | Mail Online
Where do the film people get the information for such a project? It seems a bit pre-mature.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:21 AM
Commoner

That was really, REALLY bad. Either their Kate had no accent at all (which makes no sense, since the actress IS English) or it seemed to cover every known regional accent in the same sentence.

This pretty much sums it up:

William & Kate Lifetime Movie: 8 Crazy Scenes - The Daily Beast
Old 04-19-2011, 02:51 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I'm as curious as you all are though. Does anyone have any idea if/when it will be aired again? It seems like something I'd need on a "down" day to make me laugh. I also hope that this 6 part wedding special will be aired all six episodes in a row just so I can put it on and drive Mr. Remote nuts.
I think they said it was re-airing on Saturday. It was totally cheesy good fun. Particularly if you started to imagine them as fictional people (i.e., not William and Kate). I only buried my head in my pillow 3 or 4 times.

Tags
kate middleton, prince william