The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library > The Electronic Domain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-04-2016, 04:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

When Ant and Dec Met The Prince: 40 Years of The Prince's Trust ITV Documentary 2016

When Ant and Dec Met The Prince: 40 Years of The Prince's Trust:

Today on ITV from 9:00pm to 10:30pm-

"Ant and Dec get an insight into the work of The Prince's Trust in this one-off special. They accompany HRH The Prince of Wales on a number of engagements, meeting people who have benefited directly from the charity, and witnessing first-hand the passion that The Prince has for the trust he founded in 1976. The duo speak candidly to The Duchess of Cornwall, Prince William and Prince Harry - who share some amusing and touching stories about their lives with the prince. Ant and Dec join Prince Charles on a visit to HM Prison Parc, to see the work the charity does there with young offenders, and attend a function at The Prince's Welsh home near Llwynywermod. As they reflect on their own 40 years, Ant and Dec return to Newcastle, and pay an emotional visit to the set of Byker Grove. While there, the pair meet up with fellow Geordie Cheryl Fernandez-Versini, who takes them around her childhood haunts and shares her experiences as an ambassador for The Prince's Trust. SUB Stereo
Documentary"

TV Guide | What's on TV - ITV

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 01-04-2016, 04:58 PM
Heir Apparent

I hope the programme will be available for those living outside the UK sooner or later!

Old 01-04-2016, 06:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

I'm sure someone will upload the doc on YouTube.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 01-04-2016, 07:24 PM
Nobility

Well I do hope that everyone that wants to watch it gets the opportunity, I thought it was ruddy brilliant.

I know Ant and Dec might not be to everyone's taste but I felt we got such a brilliant look into the Prince's Trust and a bit of the private life of the family.

The life that the Trust has provided for so many people is probably something that so many people who are anti the Royal Family and Prince Charles really don't know about, but has obviously made such a difference to so many people
Old 01-05-2016, 08:36 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Prince Charles sings Scottish folk song for Ant and Dec | Daily Mail Online
Old 01-05-2016, 01:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Here is a link to the video of the Ant and Dec programme on the Trust. I found it very moving in parts, actually. Young people on work experience who got a job in a store due to the Trust, who cried when they heard the good news for example.

Old 01-05-2016, 01:38 PM
Super Moderator

I watched parts of the programme and it was a fascinating insight into Charles' daily life. It was heartening to see him meet with people who have benefitted from the Princes Trust including prisoners.
It was also good to see Camilla speaking about her admiration for Charles' work.

Ant and Dec were quite distracting most of the time - I can't imagine we will see them interviewing any other royals soon.
Old 01-05-2016, 03:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

I loved the doc. Ant and Dec did a pretty good job, but I think it did highlight some of the great things The Prince's Trust has done and continues to do for people.

I enjoyed Charles, William and Harry's interviews. I also enjoyed Camilla's short comments about Charles and the Trust. I think she did a pretty good job, I don't know why her and Charles haven't done a joint interview yet. I think she would have some great things to say about her role as Charles's wife and the work she has done since joining the royal family. They could have included Catherine in the interview with William and Harry. I'm sure she's also proud of the many accomplishments of her father-in-law. Stop hiding the wives and let them say a couple of syllables.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 01-05-2016, 04:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I don't know why her and Charles haven't done a joint interview yet.

Really? You could sell tickets to that one. You can guess the first question
Old 01-05-2016, 04:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Really? You could sell tickets to that one. You can guess the first question
I don't see anything wrong with them doing an interview about their roles, the people they meet and the causes they support. It don't have to be one of those in depth Oprah or Barbara Walters type of interviews.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 01-05-2016, 04:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I don't see anything wrong with them doing an interview about their roles, the people they meet and the causes they support. It don't have to be one of those in depth Oprah or Barbara Walters type of interviews.

I would love to see an interview of Camilla and Charles as I think they work really well together. However you'd have to be naive to not expect that just about any self respecting journalist is going to touch on their affair, divorces, and Diana. You'd also have to be naive to not expect them to say that that aspect of their personal lives is off limits - which would either limit the journalist in what they can talk about, or just guarantee it's going to be something they ask about causing problems in the interview.
Old 01-05-2016, 04:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Hmmm very interesting. No idea who Ant and Dec are (an English thing I suppose) but some of their antics were amusing...but it does wear after a bit.

Since they spent a year with him...is this going to be a weekly series?

LaRae
Old 01-05-2016, 05:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
I would love to see an interview of Camilla and Charles as I think they work really well together. However you'd have to be naive to not expect that just about any self respecting journalist is going to touch on their affair, divorces, and Diana. You'd also have to be naive to not expect them to say that that aspect of their personal lives is off limits - which would either limit the journalist in what they can talk about, or just guarantee it's going to be something they ask about causing problems in the interview.
I think that's more of an in depth interviews, and I'm not talking about that. They could setup an interview talking about their work and royal duties. It would be nice to see a short interview with them. I don't know what William & Catherine are waiting on though. I just don't see the point in hiding the wives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Hmmm very interesting. No idea who Ant and Dec are (an English thing I suppose) but some of their antics were amusing...but it does wear after a bit.

Since they spent a year with him...is this going to be a weekly series?

LaRae
I'm wondering the same thing, because that doc didn't seem like a year's worth of filming. Unless they cut a great deal.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 01-05-2016, 06:30 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I don't really see any royal interviews with Charles and Camilla or William and Kate happening anytime in the future. I don't think they give interviews just for the sake of doing an interview.

This documentary made with Ant and Dec was a very unique one off kind of a thing and the purpose of the entire thing was to highlight 40 years of the Prince's Trust and those involved. From what I understood, Charles, himself, had the upper hand in deciding just who would do the documentary and he picked Ant and Dec. It could have been anyone else in the world most likely, but Ant and Dec were his choice. I've not been able to watch the documentary myself but from what I've read in comments, Ant and Dec gave the whole program a light hearted side along with the focus on the Prince's Trust and that is exactly what I think Charles had in mind.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 01-05-2016, 07:35 PM
Serene Highness

I think the choice of Ant and Dec is good in that is attracts a difference audience as they have their own fans and I think more people in general will be inclined to watch something they are presenting rather than a more serious journalist.
That being said choosing them is also clever as it guarantees IMO a certain lack of tough questions.
Old 01-05-2016, 07:37 PM
Heir Apparent

The documentary is now on youtube:

Old 01-05-2016, 07:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Here is a link to the video of the Ant and Dec programme on the Trust. I found it very moving in parts, actually. Young people on work experience who got a job in a store due to the Trust, who cried when they heard the good news for example.

Thank you so much Curryong for posting a link that I could access here in the U.S.

So enjoyed hearing from those who had benefited from participating in the Trust. My favorite was the very young butler.
Old 01-05-2016, 07:47 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Thanks to all that posted the YouTube link for the documentary. I just did a quick look at it and it is closed captioned so I will be able to enjoy it to the fullest. I will be watching it later on tonight and looking forward to it very much but alas, it doesn't trump watching a new episode of NCIS which is about to air here in about 15 minutes. Time to get popcorn and a Pepsi and settle in for some good viewing tonight.

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon