The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library > The Electronic Domain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-26-2011, 10:22 PM
Aristocracy

Fayed burns the Queen's coat of arms for 'cynical' documentary | Mail Online

Old 06-26-2011, 10:47 PM
Heir Apparent

To do that is wrong on so many levels- really rubs me the wrong way! It is disrespectful of the monarchy, and Diana's sons.MAF has gone too far with this doco.! I wish the Fayed family well, but wish MAF would back up out of the spotlight and the media with his " conspiracy" theories, accept the facts, and let Diana and Dodi rest in peace!

Old 06-26-2011, 11:01 PM
Majesty

I would guess that this little stunt is equivalent to burning the US flag. I'm also suspecting that it's close to treason, so I hope he's deported, if he's so unhappy with the way his adopted country runs things.

Disgraceful.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:05 PM
Heir Apparent

I hate to be harsh, but I agree with you, Daria.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:17 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
I hate to be harsh, but I agree with you, Daria.
I don't think it's harsh at all. All actions have consequences, and the consequences for such disrespect should be pretty harsh.

Old 06-26-2011, 11:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I don't think it's harsh at all. All actions have consequences, and the consequences for such disrespect should be pretty harsh.
Thank you! I was worried that I might offend someone with my first reaction to this.* I had to go back and edit my message 3 times to keep from offending anyone. MAF is not on the list of people I admire, and I can be pretty sharp- tongued on the subject. I don't wish the man any harm .But I do find his actions disgraceful.
* Post # 662
Old 06-27-2011, 12:36 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Thank you! I was worried that I might offend someone with my first reaction to this.* I had to go back and edit my message 3 times to keep from offending anyone. MAF is not on the list of people I admire, and I can be pretty sharp- tongued on the subject. I don't wish the man any harm .But I do find his actions disgraceful.
* Post # 662
I agree with the sentiments. The man is not a prize, but yes, being diplomatic is not always easy. Your post though was diplomatic, in my opinion.

Old 06-27-2011, 01:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks again Daria!
Old 06-27-2011, 08:44 AM
Royal Highness

Al Fayed's management of his son and his staff was guilty of Diana's death - Dodi insisted on returning to his apartment and their driver was drunk, both Dodi and Diana didn't listen to their bodyguard about seat belts... so if anyone was guilty apart from the people who died at the accident it was Fayed himself.

And now he is burning symbols of the Head of State of the country he is only a guest in and deflames the queen and the Duke of Edinburgh... is there nothing the British authorities can do to protect their country and their queen?
Old 06-27-2011, 10:29 AM
Aristocracy

The British press have made a mockery of MAF. What else is suppose to be done to protect the royal family? Britain does not have the type of government that can put someone in jail for having an opinion. I know! Why don't the royals get a super injunction like some famous sportmen have done to quiet their affairs ? But I suppose that would really open a can of worms...................hmmm, what else could be done?
Old 06-27-2011, 10:50 AM
Nobility

The man needs to see a professional greef counsellor, to help get on with his life IMHO. AFAIK he is not doing anything illegal and therefore he cannot be punnished. Stupid, provocative and morally wrong YES, but this is the price we pay for living in a democracy.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:49 PM
Aristocracy

If you believed someone killed your child, would you be able to say oh well, whatever, and get on with it? This is what MAF believes, and no amount of grief counseling will likely change that.

It would be interesting to learn exactly why MAF believes what he does -- I seem to remember that someone described to him someone who was at the scene of the accident at most within minutes, and MAF knew this man and that's what led him to believe it was no accident.

While there is no evidence that MAF is delusional, it was a mistake, if MAF was looking for credibility, for the film to go on & on about the Nazi family history of Prince Philip which is irrelevant. It was also a mistake to make any comment about some sins of the royal family going back 100s of years -- also irrelevant.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:40 PM
Nobility

Of course I don't expect him to shrug and move on. It must be every parents nightmare to out live thier children. I would not wish it on my worst enemy. But perhaps a consellor could help him come to terms with his loss in more healthy way.
I sincerly hope he finds some peace of mind.